The Secret Journal IC ( Sign Ups Are Open!)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

The Secret Journal IC ( Sign Ups Are Open!)

#1 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

It was early morning. The sun had just finished coming up. There were white clouds dotting the sky, though you couldn’t tell because you were underground. It seemed like another regular day at the rebel base delta, the large underground tunnel system that it was. Really the only openings were the entrances and the mecha bay. The base was already fully awake. People were running this way and that, assembling weapons, cooking food, moving ammo, and some just taking a break. Then the base’s crappy intercom came to life. A soldier said into it, “Um, could all the soldiers in the Special forces mechanized unit known as “The hunters” please report to the briefing room. Thank you.” The intercom was shut off and then some people began to get up or stop what they were doing. Alex was one of these people. He got up and walked to the briefing room with a cigarette in his mouth. Alex was the first to get to the briefing room followed by a girl named Yoko who had a bra with fire on it.

Once everyone had arrived at the briefing room, a general revealed himself and spoke to the group. “Hello Hunters. I am General Armstrong. I am here to brief you. We have picked up a lead about the secret journal. Apparently there is a small town to the west of here that supposedly holds something that could help us find that journal. No doubt that Luka's Regime has already gotten there, but that’s why you have mechas, no? Any questions?... No? Good! Be prepared to leave in exactly 2 hours!” The general walked out and the Hunters were left in the briefing room. Alex had finished his cigarette and stomped it into the ground. He looked around and thought, * might as well try and meet the team. Get my mind off… I don’t wanna think about it….* Winry also stuck around to meet the new faces.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Lorenzo
Master

Re: The Secret Journal IC ( Sign Ups Are Open!)

#2 Post by Lorenzo »

Ben walked around scouting out the new faces, he didn't know any of these people and in his mind he felt insecure about all these new faces, but he somewhere in his head knew is was just him being paranoid.
"Put the villager down. Put it down!" * screaming "good dragon."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#3 Post by y7h65 »

David's POV
David chuckled under his breath at the look of the group of hunters. He coughed out loud and spoke up. "So's this is the new team meant to retrieves the journal huh? Well, guess we's should introduce ourselves. Name's David Darby, Ace pilot and heavy gunna. Nice to meets ya." He wiped some grit off his armor. "Sucks that I's stuck in this arma. Ah wells, I's get shot while I's in my mech and survives. I'm happy."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Four-zero
Citizen

#4 Post by Four-zero »

Steve leaned against the wall near the door and looked at his pocket when the general stop, smiling a bit to himself. *About time,* He thought, closing the watch and putting it away. He kicked off the wall when he heard one of the 'hunters' start speaking. "Steve Hunter," He said, holding his hand out to shake, "and that armor looks better than the chicken suit I got to wear."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

David's POV
David stood up and grabbed the hand and shook it vigorously. "Nice ta meets ya Steve. Hey, at least ya get ta take off ya arma once in a while. I'm kinda stuck in this suit." He shrugged nonchalantly. "But hey, at least I's won't get caught unarmed at night." He looked around. "Anyone else wants ta speak?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lorenzo
Master

#6 Post by Lorenzo »

Ben was partially listening to this conversation and said "How Come It looks fine to me?"

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#7 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Lucis made his way towards the small group that was gathering. Guess I'm gonna have to introduce myself huh? the man says in a serious tone Name's Lucis, pilot of the Siren. I'll be the one getting behind the enemy at the most opportune moment. Pleased to meet you He says, reaching his hand towards david for a shake.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#8 Post by y7h65 »

David's POV
David grabbed Lucis's hand and gave him a vigorous handshake too. "Wells, seems like A'm the leada of this here squad. I's wonders when we's gonna head out for teh mission?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Four-zero
Citizen

#9 Post by Four-zero »

Steve reached into his pocket and pulled out his watch "1 hour, 58 minutes, and" He said, pausing for a second, "30 seconds"

Lorenzo
Master

#10 Post by Lorenzo »

Ben said" If you guys don't mind I'd better go and get my gear ready." Ben walked off to his room and got his favorite combat knife that was given to him by his original C.O who died on Ben's first mission. He never has used this knife to kill or eat he just kept it near him. he grabbed some C4 and a tube of Nitroglycerin and went to the hanger to prep the Snowball.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#11 Post by Lief »

Mark lit a cigarette, it was the last one he had for now. He'd have to get more before they left. He took a puff and walked over to David, extending his hand. "Mark Hartman, field mechanic. I can jury-rig just about anything."

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Ranalf »

Talia just smirked at the Group. Particularly David. He seemed way too cocky. She'd keep her eye on him. She pushed off the wall with her foot and looked at David. "Talia Strolk. Transportation for multiple things. Probably gonna be the Supply-dropper and air support, along with a ground saboteur. Though, I don't see how that'd help, seeing as everything is in mechs now." she said, with a shrug.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Four-zero
Citizen

#13 Post by Four-zero »

"Well, the last I checked, hangars and barracks ain't in mechs," Steve said jokenly,"Nor that mechs and pilots can keep on running without some rest."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#14 Post by y7h65 »

David and ???'s POV
David nodded along. "Well, it's always nice ta meet teh team before we head into combat. That way, we can bring everyone back without bullet wounds! Or third degree burns on 78% of the body, lung damage, and shattered bones! Cause that'd be terrible. I's would know." He stood up and headed out the door. "Well, it's been nice meeting ya'll, but I's got some system to check over so I's don't get hit in the back by some idiots with a snipah rifle." He walked out the room and closed the door behind him.

Meanwhile a lone soldier looked at the entrance of the cave systems from a binocular from a few kilometers away. He turned on a radio beacon and placed in the ground before retreating into the shadows.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Four-zero
Citizen

#15 Post by Four-zero »

Steve notice Gabe reveal his wolfs ears and his left eye just barely twitched. He remember the last time he ran into a half-breed, which had been in jail, after He had smashed the Half breed's heed into the wall, which was after the Half breed had stabbed him with a fork. "Well, I'm going to go," Steve said, pausing for a second to think of something, "Make sure my mech is ready to go." He headed for the door, opening and closing it as he left.