Dal'Turim Academy IC (DEAD)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Kimbo Slyc
Grand Templar

Re: Dal'Turim Academy IC

#571 Post by Kimbo Slyc »

Prudence

Prudence tried not to panic at Illyssa's mention of the spider crawling on her shoulder. "damnit... It's ok prudence, just don't try and kill it." " Excuse my interruption madams, but where are the students -- what kind of spider is that? "Oh my god! Oh My God! she let out a small squeal, "Eee, get it off me please!" she closed her eyes and took a few short breathes. She opened her eyes and, despite her better judgement, put her left hand near the spider, it crawled on her hand quickly. Prudence gasped at the sight, trying to hold back the scream swelling in her throat, she then slowly put her hand out across the table towards Illyssa, now seeing that it appeared to be an albino black widow, Oh god! someone get this thing off me before I'm poisoned! she screamed in her head. She looked at Illyssa, her face contorted with fear, "P-please, take it....." she pleaded, "Please, just hurry! before it bites me, preventing me from asking you out properly!"
GumbyDarnit wrote:I only put the KoolAid mix in the glass. YOU were the one that stirred it! Unstirred KoolAid is meaningless!

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

#572 Post by Nikolai-097 »

Imree nodded when the teacher told him where to go and he left quickly. Outside there was some shouting, but he ignored it. After today, he figured there would be a lot of that. He collected his trunk and set it on his shoulder and hauled it up to the first dormitory building and went to the furthest room from the door. Setting his trunk down, he evaluated the room. It was simple, a desk, a bed, a closet and a dresser. No lock on the door either. Not that it would matter, if a teacher wanted in they could rip the ceiling off. And most of the students here would be able to do that soon enough.

He sat down at the desk after removing a book from his trunk. Imree lit a lantern and began writing. His neat script was tiny, and despite writing both his initial evaluations of this place and starting to list out the various people and his impression of them, he filled barely half a page. He closed his book when the ink was dry placing it in his trunk with all other valuables he had. He removed everything else, and organized the room to his liking.
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!-Angry Marines Battle Cry

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#573 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

The only non-human i've ever met is a draco, and I know little about other races, tell me your story, i'm sure it is far more interesting.
Matthias grins and laughs. "If only it were. I'm from the Valley Fox Tribe. A few years before my birth, the Ruling Elders of my people decided they would soon need a contact in the outside world, so my mother, the tribes’ best healer and my father..." Matthias pauses a moment. He had completely forgotten about his father and the rest of the villages’ crisis during the days chaotic events. Deciding to push through, Matthias take a deep breath and continues. "My father, the tribes’ best hunter and scout, were arranged to be married. Fortunately, they didn't mind this as they had already fallen in love. And so, after my birth and several years of training and conditioning, I was finally given my quest by the Elders. As per custom, I was assigned a messenger, whose species is usually passed down through a family. I captured and tamed a quick, spirited Coyote, whom I named Botolf. Speaking of which..." Matthias leans back, looking through the mass hall door, towards the main gate. Botolf was sitting there, just outside the schools boundaries. The Coyote looks at its master cockeyed, obviously expecting something. Matthias makes a circular, clockwise motion on the top of his paw, meaning "later" in the simple sign language the two had developed. The Anima made a mental note to save a portion of his fish for his loyal partner. "And so, I left all I knew for a world I knew nothing about. I've been collecting knowledge and making a name for my tribe ever since, at least until I met Master Yoria at the bridge. I Still can't believe she asked me to come here, I mean there HAD to be students more qualified than myself." Matthias shrugs, and takes another bite of fish. While chewing, he notices small burn marks on Valentis hand, but decides that question would be for another time. Swallowing, Matthias says "By the way, you're the second decent human I've met. I apologize if I seem a bit cold-shoulderish, it's just well...difficult for me to adapt to all the changes that Humans have made to the land. I don’t know if that stems from being isolated in a completely natural world, or just from being a Druid. But you seem friendly enough; besides Glasa, you’re the only Human to carry out a long conversation with me.”
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#574 Post by Kaptain »

--- Drazil ---

Drazil found the Pyromanceress' ((OoC: Say that 5 times fast)) question strange, but chose not to comment. Instead he stared at the spider, and it stared back.
" Fascinating. You said you raised it ma'am? Does it have a name?
What gender is it? Also, so that I may leave you two alone, where are the student lodgings? "
The spider was kinda adorable. Even though he had no control over fauna, Drazil respected all nature, and the spider's obvious intelligence made it strangely... Likable.
-¤- "The Art of War" -¤- written by Thallium. Feeling unfulfilled? That's because you haven't read this story yet.
Come play League of Legends with me! Username: Admiral Sparkle

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#575 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Valenti followed the fox's gaze to the animal outside the hall, which waiting obediently for his master to finish (He has a pet? come to think of it i'm pretty sure I saw a draco with a cat on her head, I wonder if it's a druid thing...)he thought to himself, envious of the relationship, having a pet seemed like a nice idea but there had been only the sheepdog on the farm, and that was his fathers, not his.
"By the way, you're the second decent human I've met. I apologize if I seem a bit cold-shoulderish, it's just well...difficult for me to adapt to all the changes that Humans have made to the land.
Valenti kept his grin, but raised an eyebrow. His father had taught him about the silent resentment that the other races had to humans, he wondered what this anima really thought about humans, but not enough to try provoke the truth out of him well it seems I must apologize on behalf of humanity,i do not know what exactly you have seen, but know that it is all in the name of progress. Besides, it's not like we are really harming nature, just moving it around. Valenti said, gesturing "movement" with his hands.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#576 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Matthias cringes, wishing he hadn't made the remark. "Oh, I meant no offense, I mean-I...sorry. What I meant it as was that my people view nature and plants as unmoving, so it's just kind of a shock to see such structures like..." Matthias raises his hands to the ceiling, and looks up, motioning to the dining hall itself. "...this built right over it. I mean, it was very odd for me to find out first hand today that a Druid as powerful a Master Yoria can move entire trees. My people see them as stubborn and solid as rock. Then again, there's the Geomancers." He says, smiling again. "I suppose that's why we focus mainly on animals, they're easier to influence, and they don't seem to mind it much as long as there's a capable controller." Matthias worriedly glances at Kaarli, hoping she didn't mind the comment. "One of the main reasons I was sent on this quest was to learn more about the Flora side of Druidism. Hopefully I can, before it's...too late."

(((OOC-Matthias' tribe focuses purely on the Druidism side of magic, and the majority of the members have some sort of affinity for it.)))
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maddie

#577 Post by FoxBlood »

(I guess Audrey don't wanna talk.)

After making back to the Academy Malcolm went to the dorms his drowsy nature got him finally as he didn't bother preparing and collapsed asleep on his fairly comfortable bed.
Help my city grow! Just click each link to help!
http://maldoon.myminicity.com
http://maldoon.myminicity.com/ind

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#578 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Valenti contently sighed, put down the fork on his empty plate and leaned back on his chair so that it was balancing on two legs(hm...I should probably take Kaarli to bed soon...gods, i've become her babysitter! Hopefully she'll be more attentive in the morning...) he thought looking at the girl, who was still slowly working her way through her salad. He turned back to Matthias "before it's too late"? Why the time limit? What would happen if you weren't "in time"? he asked quizzically
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#579 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:"before it's too late"? Why the time limit? What would happen if you weren't "in time"? he asked quizzically
Matthias thinks for a moment, realizing that by telling Valenti the truth, he would be putting more faith in him than he had in any other human. "How 'bout a deal. If you tell me what happened to your hands, I'll tell you why I'm in such a hurry to get medical info back to my people." Matthias glances at Kaarli again, who looks as if she's about to take a nose-dive into her food.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#580 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Ooohh...you [censored]. Valenti said jokingly, putting his hand over his eyes as he debated whether to reveal something about himself that he had planned to tell no-one. After a short while he turned his chair so he was facing Matthias Fine, we have a deal, but only because you've piqued my interest. Valenti said, glancing to Kaarli to check if she was listening, but if she was he couldn't tell, he looked back at Matthias and began talking, slightly hurriedly Ok, so remember my father? Well some of the commoner children had taken on mocking me about his "failure" any chance they got, words and reasoning didn't work on them you understand, they simply took pleasure in my pained reaction.... Valenti paused for a second, his face darkening, even the memory of their jeering, idiotic faces was making him angry. He calmed himself and continued Yes so, one day, after years of this...."abuse", I became enraged, more angry then I've ever been, and that's also when I first discovered my magic. I raised my hands and some sort of...orb of flame-that I haven't been able to replicate despite my efforts-flew out and hit one of the boys in the chest, then exploded, hit the other four boys and finally he held up his hands, smiling sadly, showing the full extent of the burns My outstretched hands. Of-course they chased me and my family out of the village and we've been living on a small farm ever since. Valenti trailed off, wondering what the anima's reaction would be, and whether he just made a mistake, but oddly enough he felt better having confided in someone. So, that's the story behind the hands, hopefully you don't think less of me. Your turn.
ImageImage

Kimbo Slyc
Grand Templar

#581 Post by Kimbo Slyc »

Prudence

"Oh... wel... umm... I didn't think that... um.... yeah. Ok, I geuss that would work... Gabe wouldn't mind.... Prudence was shocked, I can't believe... she.... just... accepted.... she realized she had a stupid look on her face. She looked down and to compose herself briefly, she looked Illyssa in the eyes, "I, umm, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ask you like that" she chuckled softly, "Would, um, tonight be okay? I have to wake Yoria for watch first, but after we can have some desert and talk." a wide smile painted across her face, I can't belive it, joy overflowing within her, she wanted to dance around. Prudence had forgotten that Drazil was standing right next to her, curiously admiring Illyssa's spider, she decided to change the subject. "Uh, I believe it is a albino black widow." she looked at Drazil with a smirk, she turned her attention back to Illyssa, "Is that correct?"
GumbyDarnit wrote:I only put the KoolAid mix in the glass. YOU were the one that stirred it! Unstirred KoolAid is meaningless!

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#582 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote: So, that's the story behind the hands, hopefully you don't think less of me. Your turn.
Matthias grins, and nods his head "A deal's a deal". He was somewhat surprised that Valenti had come out with the truth so openly, even though it was obviously quite personal. In his tribe, loyalty and integrity are held in very high esteem. "Well, about once a year, a terrible disease spreads through my peoples' valley. At times, it can wipe out nearly a third of us, and all we really know about it is that it appears when a small, black flower blooms, and disappears when a white one arrives. It's a common tradition to give friends of the tribe a white flower as a token of appreciation." Matthias sighs, and a wave of sorrow washes across his face, but he continues. "Earlier today, I received an urgent message saying that the plague had returned, and this time, it has afflicted my father." He chuckles sadly, saying "The ironic thing though, is that the disease is apparently quite easy to treat. I pray that Drazil is able to translate a few scrolls he has on the virus before it kills too many of my people." Matthias looks up, searching for whatever Valenti thought, and suddenly realized he was very tired.

(((OOC-I'd like to get Mathias to his room before Friday at 6:00 pm (here) because I'll be gone till about noon on Sunday)))
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#583 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Valenti rubbed his eyes with one hand, trying to recall if he had heard of a disease like that based on what the Matthias had just told him, but his brain was reluctant to let him do any kind of thinking Hmm...I've never heard of a disease like that before, but then, I don't live in a forest. Valenti said slowly, while his face displayed indifference, he was actually quite taken aback at the acceptance of this disease that Matthias seemed to have (this has been going on for years, and only now they ask for outside help? It's probably that "anima pride" that Malcom seemed to be full of, how foolish.) he thought to himself venomously

Valenti yawned loudly, he was too tired to keep talking, slowly he got out of his chair Well it was a pleasure meeting you, Matthias from the valley fox tribe, but i'm afraid that I probably have to get some rest now, and she- indicating to the silent Kaarli behind him with his thumb as he talked -probably should have gone to bed half an hour ago, are you going to stay up longer? he asked grinning weakly. He then turned to Kaarli, tapping her on the shoulder gentlyCome on, you're finished with your meal right? Let's find the dorms.
ImageImage

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#584 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:-probably should have gone to bed half an hour ago, are you going to stay up longer? he asked grinning weakly.
"Nope, I’m way too tired. I'll see you tomorrow Valenti, night Kaarli." with that, Matthias takes a last bite of his fish, and returns the tray to Bob. He walks outside to the main gate, careful to stop just short of the entrance in case any of the instructors were watching. Botolf, seeing his master, got up from its' nap and walked up to the anima. "Hey buddy" Matthias said, and fed the coyote a good sized piece of fish. The messenger scarfed the food down as quickly as possible, looked at Matthias again, and ran off. "What's got you so skittish?" Matthias wondered. He turns to the tree Master Yoria had uprooted, and picks up his pack and bow. Turning to the dormitories, Matthias spots a room on the top floor of the building with a large cluster of vines next to it that stretched from the ground, all the way up to the roof. 'Perfect' he thinks to himself, and he walks into the building. Finding the room unoccupied, Matthias sets his pack on the bed, and his bow by the door. He checks the window, and is satisfied to find it opens and closes quite easily. 'I should be able to use the vines to get in and out pretty quickly, if needed.' With that, Matthias settles into his bed, and promptly falls asleep.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#585 Post by TheNewGirl »

Kaarli Reda:

Kaarli, unresponsive to any external goings-on by this point, stands up and walks dreamily away, heading after the other students who are going to the rooms. She leaves her luggage where she initially dropped it upon her arrival- along the outside wall of the building nearest the entrance. Once she reaches a room, Kaarli flops listlessly on the bed and immediately sinks into a deep sleep.

Kanaka Fleetwing:

She smiles and offers a hand to Jaffar. "To the dorms?"

(so so SO sorry for being gone for such a ridiculously long time >.<;;;;)
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."