Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 16+)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 1

#646 Post by Raphael »

Raphael froze when Andrew placed his clawed hand on the summoner's neck, wide eyed, and struggling internally. The black veil over his eyes slowly started to recede until gone completely, and the aura on his hand dissipated completely. He looked away from Andrew, eyes aimed to the floor as he fought the tears that were trying to flow. Releasing his neck and letting his arm hang at his side, Raphael's voice was practically a whisper, only Andrew could hear his shaky tone and what he had to say "...He took my life away from me Andrew......And he used me to do it...I can't let him do that again..."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#647 Post by foxlord »

Lily gave Talia a tight hug, holding her head to her breast and singing softly in Romanian. Raphael might open up in time, but right now, she just wished that this would end, and indeed it seemed to be, but she was focused on her sister now.

Vickie was near panic when Andrew made that desperate, foolhardy move, heart pounding in her chest as she started to pray that this ended peacefully. Thankfully, a moment later, it did, finding herself clinging to Tobias' arm as Raphael calmed. That was not a fun moment for her, to put it lightly...

Matashi did a crude phase job as Raphael's rage grew, putting himself beside Andrew, but once things got tense he backed off. Thankfully, he didn't have to intervene after all, but he would have if he had to. He didn't catch what Raphael said, but he would let the moment play out.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#648 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew knew enough about demonic possession to guess what had happened to Raph. He reached over and grasped Raph's shoulder with one hand. "He'll pay for that, Raph. We'll take him down together." he held his free hand out to Raphael at gut level. "You don't need to face these things alone anymore. You have friends, a team, and a wife all backing you up now."

After Raph grabbed his hand, he briefly pulled the ocelot close and whispered in his ear. "And speaking of your wife, I think you owe her an apology for acting like an utter prat these last few days." He gave the ocelot a small smile, then let him go and gave him a gentle push in Talia's direction.

Helen let the wind javelin disappate and gave an audible sigh of relief. "Dear gods that was close..."
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#649 Post by Raphael »

Raphael nodded and took Andrew's hand, gripping it tightly. Truthfully, he was barely able to keep from crying, rubbing his eyes with his index and thumb. He took a couple deep breaths before regaining his composure. But when Andrew nudged him toward Talia, for the slightest moment, he could have sworn that he saw his childhood friend behind him. He shook it off before approaching Talia, who was gently easing herself out of Lily's arms to approach him. Raphael looked down, clearly ashamed of how he acted "Talia...I-!" Talia didn't even wait for him, wrapping her arms around him and kissing him smack dab on the lips. After a few seconds had passed, Talia gave Raphael a heart-warming smile "You don't need to say it Raphy, I can feel it through our link. I will always forgive you if you sincerely mean it~" She then flicked him on the nose, making him grunt and rub his face "But that doesn't mean you won't be punished for it when this is over~ Now then, let's get going! I've had enough of dogs for now, and you want to end this war as quickly as possible, right?" Raphael sighed softly and nodded, facing Andrew. He was obviously back to his old self, walking back toward the shack at a much more relaxed pace and more determined than impatient now "You heard the girl, let's get out of this place and keep moving."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#650 Post by foxlord »

Lily smiled as she watched the happy ending, rolling her eyes at the sappiness of it all but it did brighten her a little inside. Cute endings~

Vickie gave Andrew a hug. "You confident fool, don't do that to me!" she chided, sounding relieved and sniffled a bit. "I almost had a heart attack, what if he went through with it?" she asked, giving Andy a hard look. She'd hen-peck him if she had to... she didn't like being scared like that! She wanted to have a proper marriage when this was over with, not a funeral!

Matashi chuckled to himself as he saw the relief around him as he got back on Keke and got in the lead of the procession. All the drama... would it ever cease? Knowing them... it wouldn't. But it did lighten the mood, which was always nice.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#651 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew responded by gently hugging Vickie. "I knew he wouldn't. I knew he was still the Raph we knew. He just needed to remember that. Still, I don't plan on doing that again if I can avoid it." He let go, keeping one hand around Vickie's shoulders, and set out after Raph and Talia, allowing Vickie to set the pace. That's the Raphael I know.

Helen walked over to Lily, watching the two couples walking away. "I'm not sure if I can take anything like that again. Is this sort of thing normal for you people?"
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#652 Post by Raphael »

Tobias swooped over to Helen, chuckling "You've clearly been out of touch with the human world for a long time. The past several decades on earth have been thriving on drama, it's quite common there. Now then, I believe we are being left behind, so let us continue, shall we?" He glided toward the elevator shack, leading to the next circle

After a not so eventful trip through the 4th circle of hell; the hoarders and the spendthrifts, where Allister Toomey gave them a short tale of his encounter with Dante. And after a few hasty sprints through the shadows of the 5th and 6th circles, the group finally descended to the first ring of the 7th circle of hell; the violent. Upon reaching this circle's entrance, Raphael stopped just before entering the gateway. His body was frozen in place, and clearly troubled by something. Talia sensed this and held Raphael's hand, looking at him with concern "Raph? Are you okay?" Raphael took a deep breath and exhaled heavily, nodding as he pushed onward, reluctantly, and with beads of sweat collecting on his fur "Yeah, I'm fine...Just some bad memories starting to surface again, that's all..." Talia hugged his arm tightly, her grip on his hand firm, but gentle "You have friends now Raphael, and a more than loving wife. You can talk to us whenever you feel the need to, and we'll be there to listen to whatever is troubling you." "I know Tal...But until we're somewhere that we can rest easy for a while, that'll have to wait..."

Beyond the gateway flowed a copper colored river, where the souls of tyrants and murderers lay beneath its surface. The current of the river twisted and turned like the twisted souls that resided in this circle of hell. In the distance, what looked to be a giant centaur started to walk towards them, but had no weapons drawn and didn't seem to be too hostile. His demeanor was calm, but upon seeing the misfit group, gazed at them oddly "Welcome back to the seventh circle Lord Wrath...Have you come to finally face your sins like you once told me so long ago?" Raphael's eyes narrowed as he looked up at the centaur "...Not quite...And you know I hate that name, Charon...We need to cross the river to go further into hell, can you take us?" The centaur huffed and crossed his arms, looking at the group curiously "Trying to take Dante's path I see...Well, I suppose I can't stop you, considering your company." He bowed his head softly to everyone "Lord Baal, Lady Lust. And I see that Ravenwing's prodigy and the Incarnate's chosen have graced us with their presence as well." Talia huffed at the name Charon gave her, frowning in disapproval "Please don't call me that..." Tobias groaned and rubbed his temples *Must he remind me of my heritage...*

Charon reached into the river and pulled up a large dish attached to a chain harness. After emptying the dish of the river's contents, he lifted it overhead to let it cool down before hanging it next to the cliff where the gate was "This will be your vessel. But ye be warned, do not gaze over the edge, lest you provoke the souls submerged in this river of boiling blood."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#653 Post by foxlord »

Matashi's paw clenched at that name, the thick, anger-filled air not helping things. "Greetings Charon. We are indeed looking to take Master Alighieri's path to Father's estate. It has been a long time my friend. How fares things?" he asked as he inspected the stone and metal craft they were to travel in, dismounting and approaching the boatman. He hadn't been called 'Lord Baal' in many a year... far more than he cared to contemplate. It wasn't his favorite title... but it was a note of respect, which went far here.

Lily was not overly fond of seeing the boatman, though it wasn't surprising, given the last time they had crossed paths she had 'borrowed' his boat to escape... and she just hoped he wasn't too upset with her still. It had been many a year but still, some slights are not forgiven. Hopefully this was not one of those times. "Lord Charon." she said with a bow of her head.

Vickie was hesitant to approach the large centaur, having heard tales of their fierceness and not overly fond attitude towards non-centaurs. Then again, she was hesitant of everyone not in the group... which had proven wise so far with few exceptions. Were they really to cross that river? It was... hot. That... usually was never a good idea. What sort of place was this?! She shouldn't be surprised, by all rights... and yet Hell continued to baffle and frighten her beyond measure, which, in hindsight, was its purpose. It fulfilled it well. She then realized who it was they spoke to, and she spoke up. "Are you Charon, Boat-captain of the River Styx, Ferryman of Souls? You aided Dante and Virgil on their quest to map the Rings. It is an honor to meet you sir. Without your help, the Heavens would have had a much tougher time understanding how everything works down here."

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#654 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew looked over the metal dish, then back at their (substantially larger) group. "I don't think we're all going to fit in there..."

Not much about Andrew had changed during their trip through Hell. His clothes were a bit more tattered and he had a few scratches, but that was about it. The biggest change, though, was the new weapon on his back next to the Beast's weapon. It looked like an array of circles all linked together into a shape that roughly resembled a rifle, and the whole thing was shrouded in gray energy. Andrew had designed it during their brief stay (read: period of being lost) in the city of Dis, as a way to take out opponents at a distance with minimal energy usage. It essentially used a very small arcane energy detonation to fire a 'bullet' made with a small circle at high speeds. He had gotten some odd looks when he first revealed the weapon, but he cited that Summoners had almost died out during the Crusades, and that they had spent more effort in staying hidden than in developing their ideas. The fact that Andrew had made the cognitive leap to three-dimensional circle structure would've marked him a savant by their standards. Andrew simply said that he was copying a mundane design and 'enhancing' it a bit.

The fact that the circle bullets could be loaded with arcane energy before firing was something he was keeping to himself for now.

Andrew had 'acquired' something else during their trip through Dis. There was now a tribe of some two dozen Raging Demons following them. They, apparantly, were part of the small faction of Raging Demons that had stayed loyal to the Beast rather than joining the Devil. Upon seeing Andrew's ability to fight, they had decided to join him.

He had been forced to break up several fights between the females (who differed from the males only in their slightly smaller size, brownish scales, and the presence of a small frill going down the back of their heads) trying to determine who would be his 'mate' by repeatedly pointing out that he was already engaged, but other than that the demons' company and their ability to fight had been some welcome help through the circles. Especially since they, unlike Dante, actually had a bloody map of Dis.

Andrew looked back to Charon. "I don't suppose you have another boat waiting, would you?"

((Pretty much decided to say 'f*** it' and go with the first two ideas that came into my head.))

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#655 Post by Raphael »

(I'm surprised they aren't giving Raph death glares because of his deserting the assassin's 'guild' for lack of a better term)

"It has been very uneventful as of late. With over half of the demon forces eradicated following the American tower's destruction, things have been slow." When Lily piped up, Charon shifted his eyes to her location "I see you have brought your thieving cousin with you, old friend...Be grateful I am permitting her passage at all." Turning his attention away from Lily and Matashi, he looked at their half angelic kin "Your praise is appreciated young Neraphim, but I cannot take all the credit for what my subordinates have done to aide in the warrior's quest to save his beloved wife."

He then addressed Andrew's comment, looking over the group again "Apologies summoner, I neglected to notice your followers. One moment." Charon reached once more into the river, but took much longer this time. When he finally removed his arm from the surface, he pulled with it another raft, this one made of blackened, crystalized blood, and greatly larger than the last. "This craft shall carry your heavier passengers, but no more." Raphael glanced over at the raging demons, shaking his head *Who would've thought I would be working with those demons again, K'or would be rubbing this in my face big time if he knew...* His attention turned back to Charon, crossing his arms "I suppose you will be pulling this one as well? Kind of risky if you ask me..."

"Do not worry Lord...Felidae, no soul would dare attempt to strike at me, lest they wish for further torment within the boiling river." Raphael shrugged and stepped over to the smaller boat, hesitating to board as memories of his first time here began to resurface

"This pathetic mortalisn't even worth my time, why do you ask this of me, boy?" "Come now Ezzy, when have I ever steered you wrong? The kid's a natural killer. And since I made it the choice to have him as an assassin, he's your responsibility to train regardless, so whether you like it or not he's stuck here." "This whelp? He's nothing but an empty shell, no doubt your doing I assume..." "Okay, so I may have roughed him up emotionally, but believe me, he won't disappoint."Well...I suppose I could fill this worthless shell with something to make him useful to me...But you owe me" "Don't you worry Ezzy, if all goes as planned you'll be paid back with interest." "...Your sense of logic never ceases to amaze me Belial...I don't know why you always make me train your pets, your brothers seem to do a well enough job of scarring others...But I suppose it could be fun breaking him in...heheheh~"

He was snapped back to reality when Talia touched his arm, tensing up a bit before relaxing again "Your memories again?" "......Yeah..." He took a deep breath and stepped onto the raft, sitting down near the edge with Talia sitting right next to him "Well, might as well not dawdle, let's move everyone." Tobias stepped over to the raft and sat a couple rows behind Raph and Talia "The seats are fairly warm, aren't they?" "Well, this is a river of boiling blood you know, it's not too surprising the bottom of this would be warm from the heat." "Hmm...good point."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#656 Post by foxlord »

Lily gave Charon a nervous smile but said nothing. She figured he wouldn't take kindly to her, having stolen his boat and all to get out of here... She'd have to make it up to him after all this is over. "Thank you..." she said softly as she gingerly stepped in the boat, keeping her gaze lowered. The thick air was bringing out a bit of her old self... more careful, nervous. Not like her at all.

Matashi gave Charon another bow of respect as he started to help Keke onto the craft, near the aft. This certainly would be an interesting trip... or so he hoped. Hell had made him more... interesting the further they went down. The air brought out his different bloodlines in very different manners, that had both helped and harmed during their trip. He had brought down fierce foes, but it had also given him mood swings and other things that, to an outsider, would make him seem unstable... which in some aspects was true.

Vickie nodded to Charon, smiling at him as the craft was beginning to be loaded with her comrades. Looking to Andrew, she admired him more and more. He was able to stand Hell much better than herself, it bringing out all sorts of surprising qualities about him she was just beginning to understand. He was a natural leader, strong, confident and capable. However, at the same time, she was keeping an eye on Raphael and her brother, who were seeming to be quite negatively affected by Hell... Lily as well. This would certainly be a very interesting trip... she just prayed the outcome would be in their favour.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#657 Post by Pyromancer »

(Finally! My muse returns long enough to post!)

Andrew smiled and nodded when Charon pulled the blood-boat up. "Thank you, Charon. I appreciate the help." He slipped into the metal boat beside Vickie as his followers (he had to get used to having those now) filed into the blood-boat. He noted the concern on Vickie's face and wrapped one hand around hers in a comforting grip. He had offered to help Matashi cope with the atmosphere of Hell, but the prideful warrior insisted on dealing with it alone. Andrew would abide by his wishes for now, but if the mood swings worsened he would force Matashi to accept his help. He just hoped it didn't come to that.

He glanced over to Helen as the succubus settled down next to Lily. She had been surprisingly helpful over the trip, her skill and experience putting her easily on par with more powerful fighters like Raph or Matashi. Her tutelage of both Talia and Lily in the art of elemental manipulation were also much appreciated, and both had grown in leaps and bounds in that area since the teaching began. While her romantic advances had been a cause for embarrassment for both Vickie and Andrew over the trip, they had ceased since they departed Dis. Apparantly she had caught the hint when Andrew was rebuking the female Raging Demons.

Speaking of Helen, she noticed how Lily seemed to get more subdued as they went into Hell. After sitting down, she slung one arm around the feline and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry Lils, anyone who tries to mess with you is going to find out what a succubus my age can do to them." The two had grown quite close over the trip, though they hadn't performed any intimate acts yet. Well, none that Andrew knew of. He had soundproofed the tents the Raging Demons had provided them, so there really was no telling. And, honestly, Andrew could live without the knowledge of their nocturnal activities.

Lily wasn't the only one getting a bit more subdued, Andrew recalled, looking over at Raphael. The ocelot had been gtting a bit quieter as they crossed into the eighth circle. Not that Andrew blamed him. As he understood it, this was where much of his experience of Hell was, and unpleasant memories were practically a given. He left well enough alone, knowing that having those sorts of memories dredged up was painful. He just hoped it didn't come around to bite them all in the tail.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#658 Post by Raphael »

Talia giggled when Helen called her sister 'Lils' "Aww, isn't that cute~ My sister has a girlfriend~~" She stuck her tongue out playfully at Lily and Helen if either one gave her a dirty look, it was nice having a relaxing, cheerful moment in a depressing place like this.

With everyone inside of the crafts, Charon began wading through the river, leading them to the other side to continue to the final circle of hell "This will take some time to cross, I would suggest some idle conversation to help pass the time." Hearing this, Raphael had one interesting topic to bring up, one he hadn't been able to talk about since he learned about it in the 2nd circle "Andrew, there's something I've been meaning to ask since we left the circle of lust...Helen spoke of you being Vassago's 'rogue experiment'...What connection do you have with one of the Devil's sons?"

Tobias noticed Matashi was on edge the further he went down into the pit with the others. He glanced his way and started sparking conversation within his mind <Are you sure you're alright, Matashi? You've been acting a lot more demonic at times, and more frequently the further we progress. Don't make us worry about you, that warrior's pride could prove hazardous to the group if you lose control over your dark half...>

(Closing in on the final chapter of this little RP, not sure if I should post a new thread, or leave it as is)

foxlord
Elder foxy

#659 Post by foxlord »

Lilliana blushed as Helen got close, reflexively interlocking their fingers and leaning against her. "I'm just... all the memories" she mumbled softly, looking down at her knees. This trip had been more than she expected. She had imagined it more like a modern action movie mixed with Splinter Cell. Get in, kill her target and get out with nary a scratch. It... well, hadn't gone like that, especially with her imagination and past. She was scared. It showed when she heard that word... her Daddy's name made her flinch a bit. The air was thick... just like she remembered. It was becoming more surreal. She had trained for centuries but... deep down she was still that scared little girl trying to lash out at her father in return for what he'd done for her, and she was starting to doubt she'd succeed. The numbers, and certainly skill of those with her helped but a small part of her still doubted it would be. Hearing about the rogue experiment made a shiver go down her spine and she couldn't help looking back at Andrew with a look of concern and deep worry. What did that mean? Was he still looking for her?

Vickie snuggled up to Andrew as they boarded the boat, trying her best to stay near the center. The boiling blood aspect... and what probably lay within made her skin crawl. She would never get used to this place, which was probably a good thing. This place... everything about it was wrong. God was certainly not existent down here and it showed. Now she knew why the veterans always spoke of this place in haunting tones if they talked about it at all. This was not a place for her kind. Andy and his little group certainly helped but this place would always feel ... well, there's no good way to describe that uneasiness it gave her. Wrong didn't do it justice but she couldn't put it to words.

Matashi meanwhile sat at the aft with Keke and monitored their progress, glad at the moment of quiet but also reviled it. Being left to idle conversations and the wanderings of his mind was not good down here... especially with how deep they were getting. He was doing what he could to cope but keeping balanced in a place where even the very air threatened to kill half of him... well it wasn't good. He had refuted the help so far out of pride but pride was one of the very vices half of him reviled in itself. It was more than that, he knew... but that was beside the point. Hearing Tobias' voice snapped him out of his revelry and he locked eyes with the incubus half-raven. <I have spent many a millennium coping young one... but ... if we go much further We might start having problems, it is true...> His tone, for a moment, held two voices, one male, one female. One dark, one light. His holy artifacts were too few to keep hold much longer. The air was becoming more thick than he could filter and it was starting to show. The shifts were becoming more frequent... and more violent.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#660 Post by Pyromancer »

Helen responded to Lily's leaning - and her worries - by giving her a brief kiss on the forehead, flipping Talia the bird where Lily couldn't see it. "Don't worry Lily. We have at least five Sin Lord-strength fighters, one Avatar, one Nephilim that's almost Virtue Lord-level if not there already, and we'll have an army soon. Your father and the other Princes don't stand a chance." She smiled down at Lily and resumed rubbing her shoulder.

Andrew's eyes squeezed shut for a second and sighed. He was going to bring it up eventually, I suppose. He looked Vickie in the eye for a moment, hoping for some reassurance, then turned back to Raphael. "I wish I knew what the full answer to that was Raphael, but so far I only have bits and pieces. Let me start at the beginning. I've told you all the story of how I received my curse. My first demon summoning winds up calling the former Lady Lust rather than the weaker demon I was aiming for, she taunts me, then she hits me with a curse that turned me into an anthropomorphic jumping spider. The thing I wasn't aware of at the time, and didn't become aware of until some time ago when I discovered Alicia's diary, was that Alicia didn't create the curse. It was taught to her by her mentor, one of the greatest magi in Hell. Vassago. What's more, she was ordered to hijack the very next demon summoning to occur on Earth and use the curse on the summoner. And, unfortunately, I was the Summoner in question." The capital 'S' in the second 'Summoner' was audible.

"I still don't understand why Vassago created the curse, or why he chose to have it inflicted on someone he had no hold over. I expect that none of us will until we actually confront the [censored]. That or raid his library. All I know is that Vassago's trying something with this curse. I just wish I had a good idea what. He didn't feel like breaching the details to Alicia." He sighed, and ran one hand through his hair. "That's all the information I have on the matter right now."