Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 16+)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 16+)

#1 Post by Raphael »

Raphael approached the group while Andrew was putting on the finishing touches for their transportation to hell, it was time to get everyone briefed "Alright everyone, listen up. We're almost ready to head straight into the beast's lair, so make sure you have everything that you need. This will be what many would consider a suicide mission, so if anyone is having second thoughts, leave now." Talia leaned against Raphael, she wasn't going to go anywhere without him, and her 150 hell years worth of experience was going to help, especially near the beginning of this journey.

Munkir approached Andrew while he was working on the portal, his wings folded in and looking concerned "Andrew, are you certain that you wish to go through with this journey? I'm sure my brother and I will be able to transfer you out of the circles of hell if you do not wish to risk yours or Miss Oha's safety."

foxlord
Elder foxy

Re: Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles

#2 Post by foxlord »

"I can make my own decisions you know..." the soft-spoken angel retorted. "And I believe that I can survive down there...our kind has survived thus far, haven't we?" she asked, giving the higher-ranked angel a 'well?' look as she put an arm around her mate. "And I'll protect him, don't worry." she said with a smirk as she kissed him.

Lily meanwhile playfully patted Vickie's head with a chuckle. "You tell 'em girl...as for me, I'm game. If I can kill some of those jerks that chased me out, I'll be happy..." she said and stretched. "'bout time you boys decided to get off your duffs and go down there...I was growing stiff." she said with a giggle. "What are we waiting for?" she asked, practically bouncing with impatience.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew smiled slightly as Vickie kissed him, then addressed Munkir. "Besides, even if I didn't want to go I don't really have a choice. Last time I checked, I'm the only one in our group that's able to open portals to Hell." He put the last touches on the circle, then turned to Raphael. "Okay, the portal's ready. All that's left is to channel the energy in. Whenever you're ready."
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Tetsuya Kintame
Grand Templar
Location: Somewhere in the space between the dream world and reality.

#4 Post by Tetsuya Kintame »

Tetsuya began doing stretches, flexing his muscles in every way possible. He was concerned about Vickie and Andrew going with them, as he had stated it before. But as the time grew closer to jump into Hell, the more his worry started focusing on Aarna. He had just gotten her back, and they were already heading for a highly dangerous place. He squated down, lowering his head to hide his eyes. ".....I'm not going to let you die this time. This, I'm promising you, Aarna. I coudn't...wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happens again. So this time, I'm not holding back an ounce of power. I'm going to protect you, no matter what...." he said.
<-- Avatar made by auronblades. =^_^=

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Raphael »

Raphael cracked his neck as he approached the arcane diagram, standing just outside of the edge. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, a black aura engulfing his hand and forming his demon claw "...Okay......"Get ready andrew..." His claw extended and tensed up as if holding a large ball, his digits trembling from the straining of his muscles.

After a short pause, his eyes shot open, completely pitch black. He slammed his open claw into the circle, sinking the tips of each finger into the ground, out of reach of any of the lines so as to prevent damaging it while the ritual commenced. He poured an immense amout of his power into the circle, it was going to take a lot to even come close to their destination "I can only give it enough to reach limbo, hurry!" His muscles tensed up as he focused all of his power into the circle, but he wasn't going to keep this up forever without passing out.

Meanwhile, Talia hurried over to Raphael, ready to help his to his feet if necessary. She didn't have the ability to channel infernal energy into other objects, but she knew that her elemental abilities would be very helpful near the beginning of their quest.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew raised one eyebrow at Raphael's channeling, and watched as the infernal energy formed a black-and-red sphere in the power source circle. "Well, that wasn't what I meant, but this makes my job a little easier." He walked over to the diagram and edited it so that the infernal energy could help to lock on to a location in Hell and make it easier to establish a connection. He also added another circle that he could channel arcane energy into to maintan the circle for a while. "What I meant was that whenever you and everyone else were ready I would open the portal." He clasped his hands, and after a few minutes of incanting he channeled the summoned arcane energy into the new circle, forming a featureless gray sphere. "Let's try this again. Whenever you're ready."
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Raphael »

Raphael took several deep breaths, fighting back the urge to show the pain that his curse was giving him as he cut off the use of its power "It would have been nice...if you shared that minor detail earlier...Traveling to hell usually takes...infernal energy to open the gate." Once he had recovered enough to move, he stood up, Talia rising with him in case he lost balance.

He turned towards the others "Moment of truth everyone. We'll be landing just inside the gates of hell, so if you're ready to risk your life to end this war for good, go through the portal."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#8 Post by foxlord »

Lily was the first to stand and advance towards the portal with no hesitation. "Bout time something was finished around here..." she said with a cheeky smile, drawing her dirks. "Don't worry boys, I'll protect ya." she said with a giggle before vanishing through the portal.

Vickie hesitated, watching Lily enter and glanced at Andrew. "I'll be waiting for you sugar..." she said quietly and kissed him before muttering a final prayer of protection to Omega and slipping through the portal. What awaited them inside, only the demons knew...

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew stepped in front of the portal and drew the Beast's weapon, now smaller and lighter to fit his human form, from its makeshift shoulder harness. He then glanced behind him to the others. "See you on the other side." He went to go through the portal, then looked back. "You may want to hurry. The portal's not going to last terribly long." He then stepped through the portal, ready to confront any threat that was waiting for them.

Tetsuya Kintame
Grand Templar
Location: Somewhere in the space between the dream world and reality.

#10 Post by Tetsuya Kintame »

Before Aarna had gotten a word out towards Tetsuya, he was already jumping towards the portal, passing into the portal, and into who knows what. She drew a small breath, shaking her head gently. She smiled though as she walked into the portal herself. "He certainly is my love," she said, more to herself. She stepped into the portal, ready for what lied beyond it.
<-- Avatar made by auronblades. =^_^=

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Raphael »

"Go ahead Talia, I'll be right behind you." Just as Talia passed through the portal, Raphael threw a small gas bomb at Kris' feet. Kris, not at all pleased with this, started to curse "Hey! What the [censored]...are you......do.......ing......" The gas in said bomb had knocked Kris out, and Raph transfered her to a secluded spot in a nearby park, setting her down next to a tree "Sorry, but you won't have nearly enough firepower for this mission."

During Raphael's time away from the portal, a male with green hair and black raven wings flew through the portal, moments before the assassin's return and swift charge into the portal, which began to fade as soon as he reached the other side.

The winged figure from before flew straight past the group, turning his head to give Vicky a brief look at his face and who he was before soaring through the skys of limbo, towards the entrance to the second circle.

Just as the man was out of sight, Raphael emerged from the portal. But Talia noticed something was off "Hey, where's Kris?" Raphael sighed and shook his head "I couldn't let her come, she would only become a liability once she ran out of ammunition."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#12 Post by foxlord »

Vickie raised her pistol but seeing the male was not attacking she merely looked confused, remembering his face from somewhere...she shrugged it off and turned to the others. "So, where to?" she asked simply. "Hey, where are the others?" she asked, catching the rest of what Raphael said a minute later and nods.

Lily toyed with her blades. "Where do you want to go first? There are plenty of places to see down here...and more hiding spots than I'd like to think for an ambush, so we got to keep on our toes." she muttered, looking around uneasily and a bit annoyed at that thought.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew watched the flying man warily, the Beast's weapon ready to strike if he turned hostile. After the man left he heard Lily's comment and turned to her. "No, we should be relatively safe here. This is the home of the virtuous pagans, and I doubt God would have let it be conquored. It'sthe closest thing to a stronghold here that Heaven has." He looked around at the peaceful forest around them and carefully sheathed his weapon. "We should probably try to find the castle here. There should be one, if Dante can be believed."

Laij
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Laij »

As the portal was fading away, a bright light shined trough and out came a two handed sledge hammer flying, burrowing itself in the ground a few yards from Andrew. After the hammer came a bulky, massive and very big... thing. It clapped it's hand, the sound resembling the sound of thunder, and proceeded to dust of his clothes.

"Well now, that was a trick I won't be tryin' to do many times." He then noticed the people around him and cleared his throat. "Hello, fellas."

//Forgot to mention that Seamus hammer is VERY heavy, pretty much only he who can lift/swing it around with ease. ( I'm a Ulthane freak, I know! )//

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew spun on the figure, one hand extended towards the newcomer with a sphere of swirling, compressing arcane energy, ready to fire. "I suggest you tell us who you are, stranger, and which side you serve."