Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 16+)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 1

#691 Post by Raphael »

Raphael's eyes started to grow more feral as Matashi started, in his mind, threatening him, and his left hand started to grow dark and wispy. He didn't even flinch or step back when Matashi advanced on him, standing his ground just as the hybrid in front of him did the same "I don't care if you're the goddamned commander and chief! Don't you dare threaten me!" And that was when Talia finally drew the line, forcing Raphael to turn away and started pushing him in the opposite direction "Alright, that's enough! You need to cool off, right now! go on, off with you." Not one to invoke a woman's wrath, especially Talia's, Raphael growled and increased his pace, not needing Talia's help anymore as he walked past Andrew, Vickie, and Tobias "I'm going ahead, I want out of this forest..."

Tobias watched as Raphael stormed past, curiosity getting the better of him "Might be best if someone kept an eye on him, shall we?" He didn't wait for an answer, only walking up and keeping stride with Raphael "Mind a bit of company?" Raphael glanced over at Tobias, clicking his tongue as he focused on the path again in disinterest "Are you gonna follow me if I say no?" "Most likely." "...Then my opinion doesn't really matter, does it?" "Not really, no." Raphael rolled his eyes and huffed an annoyed sigh "Fine...Do what you want."

Without much else to do, now that Raphael was walking away on his own again, Talia marched up to Matashi and decided to speak her own mind, but tried to be a bit gentler with her words "We're not soldiers, Matashi, no matter how much you want us to be. So if we choose to stay and fight, you have to swallow your pride as a warrior and leader, and accept that we aren't going anywhere until everyone's safe again." Finally saying her piece, she turned from the elder fox and joined the others, smiling sheepishly "Could we keep going now please?"

foxlord
Elder foxy

#692 Post by foxlord »

He nodded his head, cracking his knuckles with a sound like stone on stone. "You may do as you wish, though I will still give orders. Old ways die hard, and this atmosphere does not do much to help me forget what it was like down here... You are not soldiers, that is true, you're terribly disciplined, but I will give as much respect as I can in that regard. Thank you for calming him, I would not have liked hurting him, nor, do I believe, would you have been too pleased with it yourself". With that, and a rueful smile in her direction, the old warrior moved back to his mount and followed in Raphael's footsteps, wanting to get out of the trees as well.

Lily calmed down over a few minutes, mostly thanks to Helen's intervention, muscles relaxing and mind clearing. She purred in thanks, giving her a quick kiss and followed the no-longer-bickering group. "Thank you"

Vickie shivered at the description of the feeling Andrew was getting, not liking the sound of it one bit. Someone was watching him that didn't like him none too much did not bode well, especially given how crowded and unpleasant the forest was. Hell was becoming more and more like she feared it would be as they descended. Worse and worse and darker and scarier and just... ugh!
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#693 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew rolled his eyes as the argument ended, then jogged to catch up with Matashi. As he did so, he sketched a circle into his palm. Once he had caught up with Matashi, he slapped the circle onto the fox's back, where it sank through his armor and aligned itself onto his back. It then created a sort of 'bubble' around Matashi, pushing away the energy in Hell's atmosphere. "Best way to break that sort of old habit is to work on it, Matashi." That done, he stopped long enough for Vickie to catch up, then continued into the forest.

Helen smiled back at Lily. "Not a problem, kitten." She then followed the group into the forest, letting Lily set the pair's pace.

As they went deeper into the Grove, Andrew's mind turned to what they might encounter along the way. We most likely won't encounter many demons here, since they prefer other places. What sort of souls would be down here. Depressed souls, likely not a threat, what else... A word whispered in the back of his mind and stopped him cold for a moment. Seppuku. Samurai. Bloody buggering Hell. His senses now on high alert, he continued along with the group, all while feeling the sense that started on the boat slowly grow.
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#694 Post by Raphael »

Raphael was silent for most of the walk, leaving Tobias to try and break the silence "There's something that's been puzzling me about you." Raphael glanced over to Tobias, eyeing the incubus with a neutral expression "I hear that a lot...What's your point" Tobias chuckled and shook his head "Now now, no need to get defensive. I'm only curious as to why you, unlike all of the anthropomorphic people I've seen in the world, have such little control over your animal instincts."

Raphael's eyes narrowed, looking forward and pocketing his right hand, cursed blade gripped firmly in his left "Let's just say I'm complicated..." His ears twitched when he heard something moving in the brush surrounding the pathway, his head twitching left and right softly. Tobias saw this and smirked, hand resting on the handle of his dagger tail whip "So, you heard it as well?" "...I'll warn Talia...Notify who you can, but don't raise suspicion..." Tobias nodded and looked back at Vickie and Andrew <Vickie? Andrew? Stay on guard, we have visitors.>

Raphael didn't even need to look back to connect with Talia, she could easily hear his thoughts <Talia, there's someone stalking us in the woods. Relay this to whoever you can, and be ready for a possible ambush.> Talia looked at Andrew and Vickie "Hey Andy? What type of demons do you think we might see in here?"

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#695 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew was looking around nervously, his instincts screaming DANGER! at him. "Demons, the worst there is here are the harpies, and as far as tactics go they're basically really big birds. I'm more worried about some of the souls we'll run into here. Samurai, jihadists who blew themselves up... lots of people who committed suicide for a cause. Keep on your toes."

The next moment, Andrew felt something big slam into him and send him flying off the path and deeper into the forest. He curled into a ball to protect himself as he bounced off the trees and rolled through very thorny bushes. Eventually he came to a stop in a large clearing and shakily got to his feet. What the heck... That thing, whatever it was, hit me faster than I could see. He drew the Beast's weapon and moved to the middle of the clearing, scanning the surrounding trees and waiting for whatever-it-was to reappear. He spun to his left as he heard something move through the bushes.

Back with the rest of the group, whatever it was that hit Andrew had vanished just as quickly as it appeared, leaving silence. After another few seconds, though, the bushes all around the group rustled as what could best be described as undead samurai emerged to surround them.

Andrew took a couple cautionary steps back as whatever-it-was moved closer. He expected some giant beast to come charging out at him at any moment.

He was understandably shocked when a human man, only slightly taller than himself, emerged from the bushes. He was dressed in a black suit, with white undershirt and a green tie, black dress shoes, and looked to be maybe 40 or 50, with slicked-back brown hair and yellowish-green eyes. "Well, I have to admit I didn't expect you to be brandishing a sword at me when we next met."

Andrew felt the Beast's weapon lower as he stared at the figure in shock. "Father?"
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#696 Post by foxlord »

The old warrior growled at Andrew's comment but nodded, finding truth in his words, though he still found them distasteful despite knowing he was right. Hearing his comrade go flying, he drew his blade but paused, seeing his countrymen surrounding them. Pain filled his heart as he saw the remnants of soldiers he possibly knew a lifetime ago. His demon's blood also started to boil, the urge to command them filling him, though this time by black magic instead of courage and tactics mixed with the admiration of command. Not all of them were honorable though.. most were cowards or [censored] who turned cloak and lost the fight. "Careful lads..."

Vickie turned as Andrew went flying, calling up her spear and moved to go after him, worry filling her gut. Being blocked by the undead scared and angered her, wanting to protect him, spreading her wings and lifted off the ground to chase after him. "Andy! Are you alright?!" she called as she started to fly towards his location. She wouldn't leave him undefended... not down here and especially not alone.

Lily pulled out a cigarette, the nicotine calming her nerves further and letting her survey the new scene with hunter's eyes instead of the eyes of a scared, reactionary child. Slipping her paw free, she held the cigarette in her lips, gun in one paw, knife in another. "Hello boys. Long time no zee..." she purred in her mortal accent. "Who vants to dance firzt?"

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#697 Post by Raphael »

Raphael clicked his tongue as he drew his holy sword, its divine blade shining brightly in the demonic air around them *Samurai huh...We really don't need this...* Talia took to the air when the samurai surrounded them, hands crackling with electricity "Trained Japanese Swordsmen? Never fought against them before."

Suddenly, the high pitched echoes of what seemed like amalgamations of birds of prey, and the high pitched screams of middle aged women filled the skies, Talia's focus suddenly changing from the surrounding samurai to the human-headed birds that converged above the group "Raph...Matt...What do we do?" Raphael was the first to charge forward, clashing swords with one samurai while parrying the attack another one close by "Lily! Helen! Help Talia deal with the harpies!" Taking the first opening he could find, he cleaved an entire samurai in half, watching as the midsection just dropped to the ground while the lower body fell over, lifeless.

Problem was, it didn't stay lifeless for long. The upper body just seemed to grab onto its lower half, and pulled itself back together, where the flesh mended itself, rising again and ready to resume fighting. Raphael jumped backwards to rejoin the group, watching the spectacle with minor annoyance, and a hint of uncertainty "Regenerators...Now I know why K'or always warned me not to enter the forest..."

Tobias scanned the area and noticed Vickie wasn't among the group's numbers "I'm afraid we have another problem, lads, Vickie's gone. No doubt in my mind she left to help Andrew..." Raphael growled quietly, charging at the oncoming samurai and once again clashing swords with it "Dammit, it's one thing after another! Matashi! We need a plan here!"

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#698 Post by Pyromancer »

((Sorry Fox, gonna have to hijack Vickie for a moment.))

Before Vickie could fly towards where Andrew had been hit, a volley of arrows forced her back down to the forest floor a short distance from the rest of the group. Surrounding her were more samurai, armed with longbows. On seeing her land amongst them, the ones on the ground dropped the bows and pulled katanas from their guts, while the ones situated in the trees pulled more arrows out of their backs and aimed for her.

"It's certainly good to see you again, after all this time. After you vanished from the university your mother and I worried quite a bit over you, son." Andrew stiffened before glaring at the man in front of him. "'Son'? Last time I checked you had disowned me. In fact, if I recall your exact words were 'leave and stay away from this house if you know what's good for you'. You were even brandishing a fireplace poker at me at the time."

His father paused for a moment, the look of paternal pride slipping somewhat. "Yes, father, that was me you drove out of the house. The 'spider abomination', I believe you called me? You chased me out even after all the proof I gave you that it was really me."

The older man took a deep breath, rubbing his eyes with the fingers on one hand as he did so. "I see... Well, you have to understand that having something like that freak appear on our doorstep claiming to be you... it was a little hard to believe." He pulled his hand away from his face to smile at Andrew. "Still, it's good to see that you recovered from that particular disability-" "Curse." "Pardon?" "It was a curse. Not a disability." "Ah. Well, in either case, it's good to see that you've recovered. Now there's just the matter of our standing."

Andrew looked up at his father, having bowed his head slightly at the mention of his curse. "Standing? What standing? London is destroyed, Father. The old governments and social structures are essentially gone. What standing do we have to gain, let alone maintain?" "Why, our standing in the coming empire." Andrew paused. "What empire?" His father's smile grew. "Hell's empire. The conquest of the mortal plane may be delayed, but that just gives us time to rise through the ranks in Hell. We could live like royalty with a little work, and it's not like we'll be going anywhere. I'm already here and you'll be damned after you die. Why not make the best of the situation?" His father offered his hand to Andrew, who simply stared at it for a moment before looking back up to his father's face. "And what of my friends? What of the heroes I came here with?"

Helen looked to where Vickie went down and saw more of the bow-wielding samurai aiming at them. "We have bigger problems right now!" As the arrows started flying, Helen swept her hands around and sent the arrows upwards with a swirling wind, scattering the harpies. One of the arrows fell at her feet, and she saw a vile-looking black liquid on the barbs. "Careful, those things are poisoned!"

foxlord
Elder foxy

#699 Post by foxlord »

Vickie swallowed hard when she saw all the soldiers around her, casting a rudimentary holy shield around herself and tried to hide behind a wide tree for protection against attack and arrows respectively. "Kyrie eleison" she muttered, making the sign of the cross and muttered a prayer under her breath, holding her spear tight and prayed she could take them a few at a time... there were so many of them!

Lily cursed under her breath, taking a puff of her cigarette, letting the smoke curl from her nostrils as she fired her pistol at a few of the archers in the trees, striking a couple in the head and a few more in the gut for their trouble before turning back to blocking and countering sword strikes with her dagger. "Kind of a lot of them around here hon! Gonna need room to get in the air anyway!" she called, shooting a nearby samurai in the face, blocking a second with the barrel of her pistol while a third got a slash in the throat, not liking their chances with them like this. She'd never faced a foe that didn't drop after a good knifing in the gut. Cigarette don't run out now!

Matashi, for all the trouble, was the calmest in the group. "I see two options here. One, magically destroy them completely or two, chain them to our control with black magic" he replied. "Neither option will be easy, but I have little experience with these craven beasts and that is all I can come up with" He took on three of them at once, his blade and claws a flurry of motion and magic, sending them twitching to the ground.

[Kyrie eleison is Greek for Lord, have mercy. It's a pre-Christian phrase used in prayer a lot :3]

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#700 Post by Raphael »

A swift left hook to one samurai's skull did very little to boost Raphael's confidence about the situation, growling irritably as the undead warrior merely spun his head back into place with a disturbing cracking and grinding of his neck joints "Well whatever it is, get it done fast, Matt! We won't last long here if this keeps-AGH!" Raphael howled in pain as a katana blade found its mark on Raphael's back. Spinning around, he decapitate the culprit, leapt up, and kicked the severed head as far as he could from the warrior's body. This was merely a temporary solution, however, as the head was rolling back, it the oddest fashion possible. Panting from the steady loss of blood flow, Raphael was staring to lose his focus, his eyes growing more feral by the minute "I have just about had it with you [censored]!"

In a flash of black mist, Raphael's blade vanished, only to be replaced by a blood red demon claw manifesting over his own, at five times the size, with elongated claws. Letting out a blood-curdling, feral roar, he rushed headlong into the hoard of samurai, juking ducking, slashing, and flinging the samurai a great deal of distance away. Despite his reckless actions, the samurai would just keep regenerating, and Raphael would just keep fighting.

Up above, Talia felt Raphael's feral rage take over, and knew she had to get down there to help him. But this current dogfight with the harpies was making things harder, and she was barely making any dent in the vast number of human-headed birds that kept swarming her. If she was going to make it to Raphael in time, she was going to have to do something desperate "Warlic, I know you're going to help me out with this one!" Clouds began to converge overhead, steadily forming into a funnel, and Talia was at the center "Let's see how you pigeons fair in a fiery tempest!" With a flick of her wrist, she began administering flames amidst the tornado forming above the forest. Nearby harpies were sucked in, and any who dared stick around would soon be caught in the winds, or by the scattered bolts of lightning that came from the storm's eye.

Tobias had long since extended his wings. Once the pitch black of a raven's wing, he soon molded his wings to a more draconian fashion, extending far past the reach of his arm. The tempest above the forest had certainly brightened the place up, and he could see just how many harpies and archers there were in the area "High time we eliminated one hazard, if I say so myself!" With a single, powerful beat of his wings, Tobias took flight, summoning some of the fire swirling in the twister and stretching them toward the ground like tendrils. The said tendrils quickly hunted down archer after archer, trying to incinerate their weapons of choice, or the arrows fashioned for their murderous intent. "If killing them is out of the question, then perhaps it's time we tried disarming them instead!"

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#701 Post by Pyromancer »

Helen looked skyward to watch Talia demolish the harpies, but was forced to turn her attention back to the undead as one of the former archers pulled a katana from its chest and charged at her. Almost by reflex she snapped one arm up, causing a wall of rock to erupt right in front of the charge, knocking the samurai off-balance. A jab forward and the warrior was impaled on a stone spike from the wall. Watching it struggle, Helen was suddenly struck with an idea. "Tobias! We don’t need to kill them, just disable them!"

"You mean that pack of traitors and half-breeds that have been following you? I imagine they'll all die at the hands of the Princes' army once they hit the eighth circle. Assuming the local souls don't kill them first." He gave a careless shrug. "Then again, what else could you expect from a bunch of subhuman beasts?" His smile was accompanied by a small beckoning gesture. "Now come on, son. Let's be free of this place. We have work to do, after all."

"No."

"... Excuse me?"

"I said no." Andrew's look morphed into a glare. "They are anything but 'subhuman' and they sure as hell aren't beasts!" Andrew straightened up, looking into his father's surprised face. "They are my friends and my allies. One of them is even my bride-to-be." His father's face morphed from surprise to shock and affront. "You see, father, after you threw me out I had a lot of time to think. Time away from you, from Mother, from all those people you insisted that I spend y time with. And in that time, I finally realized what you were." He took a step forward as his father took one back, hand dropping to his side. "A bigoted, condescending, arrogant, elitist [censored]!" His father took another couple steps back. "And once I understood that, I swore that I would never become the same sort of person you were, you are." His grip tightened on the Beast's weapon. "So no, I won't join you. I won't betray my friends. Not now, not ever."

His father sighed and turned around, walking slowly away from him. "I see. I hoped it wouldn't come to this. I'm sorry." Andrew's brow furrowed in confusion, then his father spun and something the size of a tree trunk sent him flying across the clearing and into a tree. Groaning, Andrew slowly pulled himself to his feet, using the weapon to prop himself up. Looking up to where his father was, he felt his blood run cold. A figure twelve feet tall and built like a slightly top-heavy tank stood in the center of the clearing. In one hand it gripped a stone, guardless sword some ten or twelve feet long with the ease some people carried a shortsword. Its body was the color of stone, and its chest and shoulders had almost a chiseled look to them. Topping this, this humanoid boulder, was a cone-like neck that almost comically shrank to a human-sized head.

His father’s head.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, son. But it seems you need to learn the futility of your mission the hard way." No more words were exchanged as Andrew dove to the side, barely avoiding the fissure that opened where his father's sword slammed into the ground.

This was not going to be fun.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#702 Post by foxlord »

Vickie turned, meeting the first few warriors with her spear, blocking their blades and countered with sharp strikes from the butt or the tip, doing her best to hold them off. Their ability to heal was eerie and unnatural, sending ice into her stomach. She prayed holy magic was able to do something to them, because over time they'd all get worn down and piled on one by one. It was a small group by the looks of things, but that didn't mean much when they couldn't die. She heard a rumble off nearby in Andrew's direction which distracted her, taking a nasty blow to her shoulder for her trouble, causing a sharp shriek for her and a sharp kick and a face jab for the soldier who caused it. Hot blood ran from the wound, making her grip shaky. This already wasn't looking good...

Lily had had enough of these freaks, giving one a good kick in the chest and jump-kicked, a thin foot-long blade sliding from her heel and decapitating the other two before she used that momentary reprieve to take to the air herself, glad to be at least away from those re-generators. She hoped there was a way to call them off... they freaked her out. "Nice work you two!" she called to Talia and Tobias. "I have got to learn how to do that..." she said to herself.

Matashi decided on his path of choice, casting his adversaries away with a sharp blast of wind before starting to draw a crude circle around himself, writing the runes with his sword-tip. Pulling out a few vials, he started to mix a potion of the blackest intent: A golem's eye, sphinx's claw, gorgon's hair and hydra's scales. Mixing them together with the blood of 50 slavers, he poured it into the runes, then started to chant. The winds and battle would drown his words but it made no difference, the earth has many ears stronger than any mortals, and they heard his cries. Accepting the offer, the earth itself would draw up manacles made of the blackest, foulest, strongest magicks Hell would possess, one by one attempting to bind the foul foes. It was a strong, complicated spell and took a lot of concentration to keep up. If it worked though, it would be worth it.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#703 Post by Raphael »

Raphael was being pushed harder and harder the more than the battle went on, carving up each regenerated soldier that came after him, but not without gaining some battle wounds of his own by the occasional samurai. Despite his feral assault, the samurai just kept coming back, and his body was starting to reach its limit, evident by the near misses of fatal blows by the japanese warriors' swords.

Talia was feeling the stinging pain from Raphael's wounds and the feral rage welling inside of her, and could feel that something was wrong. Raphael was going berserk, and slowly losing the battle, he needed her help. "Tobias! How much longer before those archers are dealt with?! Raphael's in trouble! I need to get down there and help him!" Tobias' technique with manipulating the flame was slowly turning the samurai archers' bows to charred heaps, burning their strings with ease and leaving them with only their swords to fight with now "Almost done, m'lady, just keep those harpies at bay long enough for me to finish and i can take over from there!" Talia nodded and kept her focus on the fiery tempest, pulling in stray harpies left and right. There was still quite a lot of them, but their numbers were slowly dwindling, and many of them were being burned up to the point of either becoming black ash in the tempest, or too many feathers were burned off to stay airborne, falling into the forest in a fiery heap. *I'll get there as fast as I can, just please…Don't die, Raphael!*

Tobias observed the Samurai's reactions to Matashi's spell, and saw almost no change in their behavior. Regardless of the shackles binding them to Matashi, his will seemed not to have any effect on their actions. If anything, they seemed to just grow more violent and hostile, he had to warn Matashi before he tried doing anything more <I don't think your spell is working, old friend, it looks like you only made them angrier!>

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#704 Post by Pyromancer »

Helen swung one arm up and three spikes of stone caught three samurai through the gut and lifted them off the ground. Once she was sure the samurai weren't getting loose any time soon, she shot up to Talia. "I'll take over here, you go help your man." She caught the inferno, then added an inward and upward draft around the vortex and leading into it. The remaining harpies were being either drawn into the flames or sent flying high into the sky. "Go!"

After the blow that had sent a rift across the clearing, a sort of momentary pause came over the secluded spot. Gazing at the monster his father had become, Andrew felt fear. This was not the energizing terror that pushed you to fight or run with an adrenaline rush. It was a cold, creeping dread that sat in your gut and turned your limbs to lead. An almost-paralyzing horror. It was a brand of fear that Andrew could not recall ever feeling before. Why am I so scared? I’ve taken down towers and fought my way across Hell. Why does this man, this creature, scare me so much?

Any further consideration of the matter was cut off as his opponent suddenly shot towards him, swinging his blade in a horizontal arc. Andrew’s eyes shot wide-Fast! He brought the Beast’s weapon around in a reverse grip, planting his free hand on the blunt side of the blade as he tried to block the swing to his side. Too late he realized his mistake. The stone sword slammed into the Beast’s, and the force shoved the Beast’s weapon into his arm, and his arm into his ribcage. His perception sped up dramatically for a moment, and he felt the bones in his wrist grind together as it nearly broke even as his ribs creaked under the force. He felt his feet lift off the ground and his perception slowed back down as he found himself sent flying for the third time that day. He slammed into another tree at a diagonal angle, and barely recovered enough to land in a crouch. He was forced to dive to the side to avoid another horizontal swing, rolling back to his feet even as three trees behind him toppled over, sliced in half. Too fast!

((I may end up breaking this particular fight up more than I had planned. I keep getting bouts of mild nausea whenever I put it into words for some reason…))

foxlord
Elder foxy

#705 Post by foxlord »

Vickie backed up as more of the samurai came at her, still fending off the ones closest to her as best she could, which was getting harder to do. Her arm and shoulder burned terribly and her grip was weaker than before, making the situation quite risky. Though shackles appeared on the legs of the samurai, and most of them turned their attention to the source... the main group, leaving her only about 3 of the main 7 or so to fight, though they were angry now and much more erratic. Oh fiddlesticks...

Lily took to the air, heading for Talia and Tobias. From the air, the situation looked no better. The soldiers refused to go down, and the group was no doubt tiring slowly as they fought on. The harpies and archers were slowly dwindling though, which was a good sign. Pumping hard, she neared their location. "How can I help?" she asked simply, noting the looks on their faces and knew something was wrong. <It's Raphael again, isn't it?> she thought in frustration.

Matashi swore, starting to feel hot blood well up inside him, though Tobias' warning made him pause. "No no no NO NO! This spell never fails... maybe I did something wrong? No... calm yourself. You did nothing wrong. This place may have weakened it... think lad, think..." Then she spied Helen's little rock trick and smirked. He muttered a prayer, draining a vial of a nasty liquid into the pot and adjusted the target of the chains, willing other damned souls in the area to his will as a distraction and started to call the earth to pin them down with hands of stone. The earth spell took a few moments to cast, hence why he needed the distraction.