Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 16+)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 1

#661 Post by Raphael »

Raphael listened to Andrew's explanation, just another victim of circumstance, like himself *At least he wasn't dragged down like I was...He got off easy when it came to free will...* When talk of a curse placed on someone with a free will was brought up, he scratched his chin *Maybe it was a test run for the towers...Only one way to find out* "Andrew, how long ago did Alicia curse you?"

Talia pouted when Helen flipped her off, unhappy that the elder succubus disrespected her like that just for teasing her older sister. Rude, and certainly uncalled for, though she was probably just playing too.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#662 Post by foxlord »

Lilliana nodded, but couldn't help feeling that it wouldn't be enough. That could be her worries boiling underneath her reasoning, and she hoped that's all it was. She rubbed her left arm a bit, feeling a few old scars beneath her magically-rejuvenated fur and let out a soft mewl. She kept her ears perked all through the conversation, half out of paranoia and half out of habit. "I hope you're right..." she whispered, raising her eyes a bit and staring at the prow of the craft as they moved, letting her thoughts wander just a bit.

Vickie squeezed Andrew's hand just a bit, her eyes gleaming with reassurance and what could only be referred to was faith in him. She didn't care where he came from... he was hers now, for good or for worse in the eyes of the Lord. Whatever baggage they had, they'd share. She quietly listened to the story, nodding a bit partway through. It was disturbing, like all stories that come from down here, but given where it came from was a bit different than most. This seemed to have a purpose, maybe, but what it was is unknown... she didn't want to speculate on it.

[going to leave Matashi's blank for the moment, until I get a reaction from Toby]
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#663 Post by Pyromancer »

Helen simply hugged Lily close in a comforting embrace. "Relax, sweetheart. You're acting like he's going to pop out of nowhere at any given moment. You need to calm down."

Andrew blinked a couple times at Raphael's question. "Hmm... I think it's been about four years now. Why do you ask?"
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#664 Post by Raphael »

Raphael scratched his chin again, thinking *It adds up, might as well throw it out there* "...When Vickie and I were in the Tokyo tower, I remembered seeing a spider symbol in the top of the hell gate ritual circle. Maybe Vassago used you to see how much it took to corrupt the human spirit, and if it took just as much effort for all souls..." He then started rubbing the back of his neck, his eyes shadowed by his bangs slightly "My curse was probably around the same time as yours, Andrew..."

Tobias sighed and shook his head <Don't think you have to deal with it alone you know. Your sister is here, she can help you keep your soul balanced with her powers, if she was trained how to infuse celestial energy into another host.> (she has, Raphael helped her)

Talia sighed and rubbed her sister's shoulder "We're here for you Lily, I promise, we won't let anything happen to you..."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#665 Post by foxlord »

Lilliana, truth be told, WAS expecting her father to pop up out of nowhere... he had that habit when she was younger... so why should she doubt it would happen now? "I... I'll try." she said softly, taking Talia's hand and pulling her closer, snuggling into them both mostly for comfort but also a comforting warmth, unlike the heat from the river beneath them.

Matashi sighed and looked down for a moment, nodding in response to Tobias' suggestion. <It would be a Ravenwing to suggest to me something I've not thought of meself. You've your father's talent with magic lad... I pray that's all you have from him. I'll tell her later... let her enjoy the ride for now. It's the only moment of quiet we've gotten so far.>

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#666 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew looked down to the floor of the boat in thought. Hmm... Could there be a connection? "Raphael," he said, looking up from the deck, "I'm sorry to pry into old and likely painful memories, and I respect your right to not answer, but would you mind describing the incident that surrouded you getting the curse mark?"
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#667 Post by Raphael »

<Don't pair me with that old man, Matashi. My father is a sinful monster who thinks everyone else is beneath him. I am nothing like that maniac!>

Raphael was silent for the longest time. Finally, he let out a heavy sigh, closing his eyes "......Let's just say that along the lines of social life, being cast out from your family is much better than what I went through...Belial decided to come personally for me...He liked my skills as a hunter, and decided to try and talk me into taking part in a 'project' he was working on...I refused, and he put the curse on me..."

He paused again, trying to stay calm "...Next thing I knew, I lost control of my body, and my conscious mind was trapped in a cage. The only thing he would let me have access to were my eyes and ears...He took everyone close to me and killed them in the worst possible way.........His last target was my late fiancé...He planned to do much worse than just kill her if I didn't do something to prevent it............I forced myself to regain control...But to protect her from him." He kept his voice as calm as he could, but it was still easy to hear the pain in his words "........I had to kill her of my own free will......The blood of everyone I loved is stained on my hands because of that monster......" He fought as hard as he could, but he couldn't stop the stream of tears falling from his eyes "...I have to make him pay for what he's done...To me and everyone who's lives he's ruined..."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#668 Post by foxlord »

Matashi smirked coldly. <Forgive old habits boy... even your name heats my blood, but given your looks are different, I'm giving you the shadow of the doubt. It is hard though... I'll admit that> he said quietly.

Vickie got up and hugged Raphael tightly. "He will pay Raphy... they all will" she said softly, kissing his cheek. "Don't you worry about that. We all lost something as a result of their actions. He took my Momma for example. She's in Heaven now, but that's no condolence, is it? Not in my book... and I"m all about forgiveness~" she said sweetly.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#669 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew simply closed his eyes and shook his head at Raph's story. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, and I promise I'll let you get whatever hits in that you want on Belial when we take the bloody [censored] down." He placed his hand on Raph's shoulder, carefully reaching around Vickie. "For what little it's worth, though, killing your fiance was probably a mercy compared to what Belial would have done to her."

He removed his hand from Raph's shoulder and snapped it into a fist before pulling his arm back to his side. "Still, I think I can safely say that both our curses occuring at roughly the same time was only coincidence. I suspected it given that the curse's effects, from a broad metaphysical standpoint, were near total opposites, not to mention that they were delivered and, I suspect, created by two different Princes. I still don't know why Vassago cursed me, but from what you've told me Belial's only intention was to create a champion for him."

He folded his hands in front of his face into something most manga and anime fans would recognize as the 'Gendo Pose' (Look it up if you don't know). "Not only that, but if what you're suggesting were true, if Vassago was using my curse to create some form of 'proto-Damned', then its metaphysical set up makes absolutely no sense. It barely touched my soul, from what I could tell, while warping my body dramatically. That isn't something you chalk up to a mistake, that sort of design comes only through that, design. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that he was testing it on someone he had no hold on I'd swear it was meant as some sort of enhancement for his loyalists."

Helen had turned her attention briefly away from Lily to stare at Andrew. A moment later she gave herself a mental smack upside the head. I keep forgetting how smart he is with that attitude he keeps. I really need to learn better. She shifted Lily so the feline was sitting in her lap, allowing the feline to snuggle against her.

((If any other characters have anything to add to Andrew's train of thought, feel free.))

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#670 Post by Raphael »

Raphael didn't look at Andrew or Vickie when they consoled the assassin, only looking out to the brass colored river "You may be right Andrew...But it still doesn't excuse what I've done...I don't dare return to my home town now...For fear of my past coming back to haunt me more than it does now..." When Andrew mentioned how the summoner's curse could be more of an enhancement for demons than a prototype for the towers, Raphael shrugged "It was only a theory...Guess it really was just coincidence..." He raised his hand and let out a thick aura from his hand, clutching it into a tight fist "But we own these curses now, and have turned them into strengths against the ones that afflicted us...And whether Matashi is the one to bring down Belial or not, I intend to get some hits in myself if I can help it..."

He then noticed Matashi seeming on edge and unstrapped his sword, leaning the handle towards the hybrid samurai "...Here...Grip the handle for a few seconds...It should balance your auras out for at least two earth days before you need to refresh its effects..."

Tobias chuckled and shook his head <You knew me for a little over a century, Matashi. Bloodlines aside, I think it's safe to say you know who I really am.>

foxlord
Elder foxy

#671 Post by foxlord »

Matashi nodded at Tobias, knowing indeed he was much better than his father. It would be just old habits getting in the way for a while but he was starting to really understand he was different. He was stubborn as stone sometimes, but cracks were forming. Looking over at Raphael, he raised a brow, eying the holy sword for a moment as it was offered to him and slowly reached out a paw. The aura around the sword mixed with the heavy air around it and wavered as if heated. He could feel the holiness around it, making his demonic side hiss and pull back, reveling in the dark, oppressive air. It would be nice to feel normal, if for a little while.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#672 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew shook his head. "Speak for yourself, Raph. I'd rather not have my curse become active again. It took me practically committing suicide ti change back, and I'd rather not go through that again. And if you're afraid of some form of retribution should you go home, well, you've fought of the literal hordes of Hell to save all living souls. I think that's more than enough to atone for those sins, and there's no way mortal law enforcement would try to arrest one of the people involved in this endeavor."

He then glanced over to Matashi. "You know, my offer's still on the table, if you ever feel like taking it."

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#673 Post by Raphael »

"You say that, but I highly doubt that...Even as a savior in their eyes, I'm just as much a threat after Belial severed my full control over my feral half. If it gets loose, it takes a lot of willpower to stop my own attacks..." Raphael looked at Andrew, understanding his concerns "I know how you feel about your curse, but if you can learn to control it, maybe even partially seal it to try and change between forms. It's worth a shot at least."

Tobias leaned forward and tapped Talia's shoulder "I don't suppose you could enlighten me on this subject?" Talia giggled "Andy used to look like a cross between a human, and a spider. He changed back, but apparently the curse is still on him."

foxlord
Elder foxy

#674 Post by foxlord »

Matashi pulled away from the holy sword's handle, his dark half hissing in response in his mind. "Thank you.. but no." he replied quietly. It was too... pure. He nodded to Andrew. "I'll keep that in mind. We shall discuss the details further later when you have a moment." It would be nice to be balanced again... he felt so... twitchy and tingly and all sorts of odd unpleasantness. He could be swayed so easily... it bothered him.

Lily snuggled into Helen's lap, leaning her head against her shoulder. She was grateful for the affection and closeness... she... didn't realize how much she missed something so peaceful... Her mother had certainly never done this and she had never trusted someone else enough to let them. It felt... good. She wanted to do something more... hug her or something... but she didn't let herself. One step at a time kitten... you don't want to seem weak, or overeager, or, Darkness forbid... kitten-like. That would seem odd, and ruin the moment.

Vickie smiled at the two cursed boys. "Well, if anything happens, I'm lookin' out for ya. We have enough to worry about with demons around, I'm not lettin' you two run wild on top of it!" she said, folding her arms with a confident smirk. "Especially you Andy~"

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#675 Post by Pyromancer »

Helen gave a small smile as she picked up on Lily's thoughts. She bent over just enough to bring her mouth close to the feline's ear. "Trust me, sweetheart, you have nothing to worry about. As long as you're still able to fight, I doubt anyone would mind us doing some of that stuff in quiet moments. Heck, your sisters might even want to join in, bond a bit as kin. Where we'd find an oven here, though, is beyond me."

Andrew smiled back at Vickie, but it quickly vanished as his senses went into danger mode and he started scanning the forest to the side of the river behind him. That's strange, I could've sworn... "Andrew? What is it?" "I'm not sure. I just got the feeling that something's watching us from over there." He pointed back towards the thick forest of the Suicide Grove. "I'm not sure what or who, though..."