Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 16+)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Laij
Grand Templar

Re: Redemption; Journey Through the Nine Circles (for ages 1

#631 Post by Laij »

Seamus had been watching the extermination of the demons with a smile, chuckling slightly at the displays of power from both Raphael and Helen. As the threats vanished, he took to brushing pieces of bone and blood from himself as he walked towards the mansion of Cerberus. He was still feeling his other presence scratching at the edge of his mind, desperate to take over and wreck havoc.

"I won't let you." He whispered to himself, breaking into a half-sprint due to his size as he pushed his "brother" back, ignoring his cries and screams. He would not fail his angelic brother, who had sacrificed himself for him. He would see an end to the demons.

((Again, sorry for the delay.))

foxlord
Elder foxy

#632 Post by foxlord »

Matashi said nothing, though gave Helen a nod of appreciation. Nothing was surprising him after what Raphael had done... maybe he wasn't the only powerful one here after all. Cerberus though would be trouble. Unless they could command it, which wasn't likely, they'd have to deal with it. That would cause trouble once he took over... Cerberus was a good guardian.

[can't think of what to put for the girls so I'll leave it open-ended for now ^^;]
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#633 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew went to run after Raph, then stopped as a thought hit him. He transferred in front of Raph and stopped him. "Hold on a tick. Is there anything we need inside Cerberus's doghouse? Any reason we need to go inside? In fact, is there any reason to leave it standing at all? Any reason we couldn't, say, demolish it utterly from range?"

Helen gave Talia a dirty look and flew over to her. "You know, I could understand that from everyone else here. Not you, though. After all, you're a succubus too and," she paused to give Talia a quick glance up and down. "You don't exactly strike me as the slutty type." She turned in time to see Andrew stop Raph. "Wonder what that's about?"
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#634 Post by Raphael »

Raphael stared at Andrew dully, as if not wanting to be bothered with the question but not having a choice in the matter "...Because that's where the gate is hidden...Cerberus is a guard dog, he keeps anything from going in or out of that gate, just like Minos, and the tornado...Think about it, Andrew...Do you honestly think it would be that easy reaching all of the gates?"

Talia sighed and closed her eyes, clearing her mind before turning to face Helen "I'll take that as a compliment.Don't take it personally Helen, I'm talking about the majority of the Succubi and Incubi race. I didn't die a slut and turn into a succubus, was born and raised as a human on the mortal plain. I didn't realize what I was until I was 25; when my wings and tail grew out and I was dragged down here by the former "Lust" sin lord. (hint, hint xD) I don't know your life story, so I won't make assumptions about you." When Helen brought up Raphael and Andrew's argument, Talia looked over and crossed her arms "...Not sure...But I can definitely feel that Raphael is growing impatient with the argument. And considering we still haven't seen hide nor hair of Cerberus yet, I don't blame him." (FYI, she's the only one who can sense this clearly enough to know exactly how he is feeling)

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#635 Post by Pyromancer »

"Of course not. We haven't been that lucky yet, and Cerberus's lair is obviously there as a guard post between the circles. I just don't see the point of fighting our way through the doghouse when I can just blow it to kingdom come and we walk across the resulting crater into the next circle. It would take less than a minute to prepare to do so, too, so you can't really tell me that time is an issue. Unless, of course, you have another reason to put us through the extra risk?" Andrew folded his arms over his chest as he waited for Raph's answer.

"Mmm. Alright, I'll forgive you this once. Just be careful in the future with things like that." Helen paused, then turned back to Talia. "Wait, former Lust? Did someone kill that b**** Alicia while I was down here?"
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#636 Post by Raphael »

Raphael's rose and ears started to pick something up, heavy footsteps and the scent of heat-singed fur. And sure enough, those signs led to the physical appearance of Cerberus, stalking his way towards the group from the back of the 'doghouse'. Raphael narrowed his eyes and reached for his sword "...Turn around and you'll have your reason......" If you looked hard enough past Cerberus' huge body, what looked to be a shack was hidden in the far back of the 'doghouse'. With each bark from Cerberus' heads, small plumes of fire erupted outward like mushroom clouds. "...He knew we were coming Andrew, and he knows why..."

Talia looked where Raphael was pointing and her eyes widened in fear "...I...I think now might not be the time to discuss this, Helen..." She slowly reached for her sais, but could they really stand up to that?" Minos had the weakness of only focusing on one group, despite his size, but Cerberus could catch them from three different angles.

Tobias stood close to Vickie once he saw Cerberus "Stick close Vickie, Andrew wouldn't forgive me if this hound got his slobbery teeth on you. Any angelic life is a trophy down here if I heard correctly..."

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#637 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew briefly glanced behind him, then rolled his eyes. He turned to the dog and glared at it as he channeled up to half the safe limit of his power and focused the pressure of it on Cerberus.

There were intruders here. They had killed some of his pups and now sought to pass him. He came forward to confront them, planning to bite the red-haired one with his back to it in half. Then the redhead turned and glared at it, and Cerberus felt, for one of the few times in its life, raw, unrestrained terror. This being in front of it, small as it was, had all the bearing and presence of an apex predator, and all it could do was backpedal slowly, keeping its head down and its tail between its legs, whining pitifully, while praying to whatever dog god would listen that the scary redhead wouldn't kill it.

Andrew took a couple steps toward the cowering Cerberus, his eyes locked on the center head's. "Bugger off." The dog took a couple more steps back and got down even lower. "NOW!"

Helen blinked. She had honestly never seen anything as big as Cerberus move so fast as to make it a blur. Her jaw dropped when she realized that it was actually giving loud, deep 'yipe's as it fled. Her eyes went wide as several dozen hellhounds that had been moving around the group by the sides also turned and bolted. "What... the Hell..."

Andrew blinked in surprise. He had expected Cerberus to back of, sure, but not to run away yipping like a lap dog chased by a Great Dane. "Huh." He turned to Raph. "You know, I believe we may have overestimated how hard it will be to get through here. Or underestimated our own power. One of the two." Then the smell hit him, and he glanced back to see the puddle of yellowish fluid where the Cerberus had been cowering moments before. "... Yea, I stand by that statement."

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#638 Post by Raphael »

"...We can pat ourselves on the back later...now let's get moving..." Raphael said irritably, and merely walked past Andrew at a brisk pace, wanting to make as much progress as he possibly could before yet another obstacle got in his way. Truthfully, he was impressed by Andrew's display, but he had no time for compliments. Belial was sure to have some sort of hidden agenda from Lucifer's invasion on earth, and he had to stop that from happening at all costs. Plus, the recent stench in the air now was burning his nose.

Talia sighed in relief, glad that the dog was gone now. She turned her attention to Helen again, walking towards the shack, where there was no doubt an elevator for them to reach circle #4 "Regarding...Alicia you said? Well, yes, she was killed...twice..." With a single swipe of her arm, the large pool of liquid slid across the floor and stopped near the wall, leaving everyone a clean pathway to walk on.

Tobias blinked a few times, then stood at ease "Well then...Nevermind..." Remembering what he told Vickie before, he looked her way "Vickie, about what I said just now...I didn't frighten you, did I?"

foxlord
Elder foxy

#639 Post by foxlord »

Vickie gave Tobias a sweet smile and pat his cheek. "Nope. I have heard legends about Cerberus, but I knew we could take him. Dante got past... so why couldn't we?" she asked, skipping towards the shack, impressed with Andrew's display. She knew he could protect her now, against ANYTHING! That made her sure she chose the right man for her~

Lily whistled as Cerberus took off. "Mmm... I just lost mad respect points for that mutt..." she muttered, following in Vickie's rather girlish footsteps towards the gate.

Matashi blinked at Cerberus took off. Maybe he'd have to train that dog... if Andrew could get past it, who's to say others couldn't? Granted, not many could do that... but he didn't want to chance it once he took over. Urging Keke forward, he gave Andy a nod. "When this is over, you're helping me re-train him..." he said with a smirk.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#640 Post by Pyromancer »

((Screw it, not waiting on Laij anymore.))

Andrew glanced over to Matashi. "Provided he doesn't repeat his current performance when we next meet, sure. Don't expect me to do much though, I'm rubbish with dogs." He then moved to catch up with Raph. "Would you mind explaining the sudden bad attitude Raph? Ever since we entered Hell you've been impatient, hasty, rude, and a bit cold. Not to mention that you've been trying to distance yourself from everything else. Is there something we should be aware of?"

"Twice? That's quite the trick." Helen matched step with Talia, deciding not to intrude on the conversation in front of them. "Still, I'm guessing this means someone else holds her sin title. Mind letting me know who?"

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#641 Post by Raphael »

Raphael glanced at Andrew briefly before facing forward "...It's nothing...I just want to get this mission over with so we can get out of this god forsaken place..." He started to quicken his pace, almost as if trying to get away from Andrew.

Talia paused for a few seconds, then shrugged in response "...Beats me..." She then sensed Raphael's negative emotions and started to get worried, taking to the air "Excuse me Helen..." She glided over to Raphael, walking close to his "Raph? Are you okay?" "...I'm fine Talia..." Talia wasn't convinced, and she got in his path "Raphael...If something's wrong, you know you can talk to me..." Raphael bowed his head, not looking at Talia as he walked around her "...Sorry Talia...But this time I can't..." Talia turned and watched Raphael walk away, tears welling in her eyes "...Raph..."

Tobias watched Raphael and Talia's dramatic moment, walking up to Andrew, and speaking in a somewhat empathetic tone "It would seem that there's trouble in paradise...and I don't even need to read their thoughts to know something is wrong..."

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#642 Post by Pyromancer »

Andrew rubbed his eyes with thumb and forefinger. "For the love of..." He then transferred in front of Raphael, blocking his path again. "You're doing it again, shoving everyone away and trying to deal with everything yourself. Don't you remember? It's this sort of thing that caused you to attack us back in Limbo. Get it through your skull, Raph, you don't need to deal with these problems alone. Now what the bloody hell has you in such a mood?" If Raph tried to move past him, Andrew would just step in front of him again, stopping him.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#643 Post by foxlord »

Lily took to the air, concern on her face, giving Talia a hug. "We'll sort zhis out love... relax." she purred in a calm, reassuring tone, taking her Romanian accent. Raphael better not try something funny again...

Vickie hung back, trying to project a peaceful aura over the tense area, wanting to diffuse the situation before it escalated. Violence among the group would only fracture it... they couldn't risk that down here. "Refellere diaboli in te Raphael redibit lumen!"

Matashi scowled, watching the scene but did not get involved just yet. If things escalated, he would... but for now he just had faith and waited. If that cat started something... he'd be the victim, no one else. He would not allow dissidents in his ranks!

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#644 Post by Raphael »

Raphael glared at Andrew and scowled, his eyes narrowing irritably "It has nothing to do with you Andrew!" He transferred closer to the shack, practically jogging to keep his distance. But Andrew got in his way again, which only irritated him more "...Get out of my way Andrew..." His entire left forearm started to leak out a dark aura, Raphael was far from his mental limit, but he wasn't making any bluffs, evident by his eyes slowly turning pitch black. "Or I'll make you move..."

Talia hugged her sister tightly, her clear tears seeping down onto Lily's shirt "I hope so Lily, but right now I'm not so sure...I've seen him like this before, I think this has something to do with his past...Raphael's never opened up to me once about what his life was like before he was dragged down here, and always tried avoiding the subject whenever I asked him."

Tobias Sighed as he stood next to Vickie, crossing his arms as he watched the scene unfold "Emotions are running quite high, wouldn't you say? The Master of Fire Incarnate verses The Sin Lord of Wrath...This could get out of hand..."

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#645 Post by Pyromancer »

"THE HELL IT DOESN'T!" Andrew shouted right in Raph's face. "In case you've forgotten, there are half a dozen people here who are counting on you to put whatever issues you have aside so that you can do your part in stopping Hell, including helping them when they need it! Not to mention all the people back on Earth who are counting on all of us to end Hell's threat one and for all! How do you intend to do what's needed of you if you go off on your own like that and act like we can't trust you!" Andrew snapped his eyes shut and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "I don't know what you're upset about or why you're closing yourself off from everyone. However, the Raph I know was willing to support everyone else with their problems, and to let others help him with his."

"But you know, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's not the nice guy who helped me relearn how to use arcane energy, who helped Vickie learn to use the Archangel powers, and who helped tear down the Towers that I'm talking to. Maybe I'm talking to Belial's pet assassin, the sin lord Wrath." Andrew grabbed Raph's hand and brought it up to his own throat, Raph's claws out. "But I'm trusting you, that you're the same guy I considered a friend back at Everest. That you're the same guy who was willing to share his burdens even while taking on everyone else's. And if I'm wrong, you might as well kill me now." Andrew locked eyes with Raphael, refusing to back down. "So who is it? Raphael Felidae, or Wrath?"

Helen had already formed a wind javelin when Raph started tapping into his power, but froze when Andrew put the ocelot's claws up to his own bare throat. She knew the situation had turned delicate, and that one wrong move would end in someone being killed.