The Daily Beasts (open)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: avwolf

Message
Author
User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1006 Post by Phaing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm

The Rookie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:20 am
Sylvi covers her mouth muffle her gasp. "<The fu- > What the hell is that?!"
"That is what we have been dogged by since that damned Bear started chasing us. We have been lucky, incredibly so... unless there are only a couple of packs of these things in this part of the North. Why didn't we hear about this... oh. I get it."
But there is no time for Raimius to explain what he thinks.
The Rookie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:20 am
"I vote we move into the buildings. At the very least it'll give us a safe place to settle for the night, and I'd rather have the solid walls and iron bars than a tarp tonight."
That perks Rita up, but Raimius makes a negative noise in the back of his throat. And again, he does not explain. Instead, he nods and gets ready to make the dash.
The Rookie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:20 am
"Come on, pup. I just need you to keep being brave a little longer, ok?" Sylvi says in her more motherly tone while moving along side Rita's mount. "Here, how about you take Sven for me? You'll have to abandon the horses to get inside, so how about I take the horses to the stable and lock them up safe?" she continues while dismounting from her buck. "Just make sure you two stay a few meters behind you know who, but don't ever let him out of your sight."
Rita leaps up onto Sven's back so smoothy that the magical beast barely notices she is doing it until she is settled in place. "Okay boy" Rita whispers in his ear, "Just like she said, but we are giong to circle back if anyone gets in trouble. Right?"


DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 am
She quickly takes off the coat, slips on the sheath, and then puts the jacket back on. She reaches behind to slip her dagger into it.
"Now I just have to remember it's there" She said as she was practicing taking the dagger out and putting it back in.
On the second try, she also takes a small bit of her own hair with the draw. This may require a little more practice.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 am
"well" She said kind of guiltily but kind of not. "I kind of pilfered it off of one of those templar thugs back at the inn. I played around with it that night, getting the feel of it ya know? and I found that the handle can come right off and reveal this key." She flashed the key into the air.
"If no one is around yet, I kinda wanna go snooping. They deserve it for sending someone with the key after us." She shrugged.
"Ahhh... snooping?" Raimius is watching the corner that the big Birds disapeared around to make their kill. "I was thinking more like a sudden dash, right now, to find that door and get inside before the beasties can stop us! Lets get going."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 am
"I vote for hiding as well. closer and if we get there less of a chance of being followed."
Raimius rolls his eyes at the girls. "Or... the stealthy approach? I don't know about that. It will take time, and we will be out in the open and visible, unless we stick to the trees ((see map)) and if we stay in the trees, we won't be able to see any of these birds until we are very close to them."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 am
She looked at the horse. "As much as I'd hate to, the only thing we can do is leave it if we hide. It may survive, but it's a sacrifice we must take."
"The only thing I see that looks like a stable is that shed near where they Cow just died. Now let's - Freeze!"
Another bird appears, in the cluster of buildings to the right, just where Raimius was about to head towards. It is looking around, and seems to look straight at you from a few hundred feet away. Then the sound of cracking bones comes from where the others are feasting on the Cow. This new bird cackles and runs that way, across the bridge to the north side of the river.

"Okay, maybe a slight pause was for the best." Raimius has to admit."


((I might re-open this to a player soon, if that is alright you you two?"))
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1007 Post by The Rookie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"No, too much time. Even Raimius said he couldn't see one."
Sylvi clenches her eyes a moment before seemingly regaining her composure. While she agrees the horses may be semi disposable, the sentiment was largely in part for Rita’s benefit. She lets out breath of air before addressing the young vixen in the same voice as Rita, though slightly more stern. “We have to try and find shelter for them, or else we’re looking at not only travelling on foot, but also having to carry the extra packs on our own backs, through the snow, alright? <And I’m certain those things would out run us down for sure on foot.>” Sylv knew by now that Rita was more than likely aware of what switching languages mid conversation meant for the tone of the subject matter, but Rita still didn’t need to hear Sylvi’s own fears said aloud.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure if Ephemural is kind we’ll find something for them. We can’t give up just yet.”
Phaing wrote:Rita leaps up onto Sven's back so smoothy that the magical beast barely notices she is doing it until she is settled in place. "Okay boy" Rita whispers in his ear, "Just like she said, but we are giong to circle back if anyone gets in trouble. Right?"
“You know I can still hear you though him, right?” Sylvi ask with a chearfully smug look upon her face, and her arms folded. “If you get up to any mischief, I’ll know about it.” she teases, before wrapping her arms tightly around Rita. “We can look after ourselves, so please don’t do anything that’ll put you in danger too, ok? I’d hate to accidently freeze you solid with a miss aimed spell.”
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"Is it too late to go south, maybe hide in the fox territories. I don't wanna be up here anyone." She said with a quivering voice. "I vote for hiding as well. closer and if we get there less of a chance of being followed."
Phaing wrote:Raimius rolls his eyes at the girls. "Or... the stealthy approach? I don't know about that. It will take time, and we will be out in the open and visible, unless we stick to the trees ((see map)) and if we stay in the trees, we won't be able to see any of these birds until we are very close to them."
“Stealthy seems like the best plan. We don’t really know what we could be walking into, so best keep a low profile.”

As the group begins to move, Sylvi is seen following up the rear with the horses in tow. Keeping them on short reigns and tugging gently to keep pace.

Phaing wrote: ((I might re-open this to a player soon, if that is alright you you two?"))
((Sure, but I thought you were kind of over bringing new blood on board. Is it someone you know, or just an open invitation?))
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
Overlord of Space & Time
Posts: 1455
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1008 Post by DarkTheImmortal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 am

Phaing wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm
"Ahhh... snooping?" Raimius is watching the corner that the big Birds disappeared around to make their kill. "I was thinking more like a sudden dash, right now, to find that door and get inside before the beasties can stop us! Lets get going."
Phaing wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm
Raimius rolls his eyes at the girls. "Or... the stealthy approach? I don't know about that. It will take time, and we will be out in the open and visible, unless we stick to the trees ((see map)) and if we stay in the trees, we won't be able to see any of these birds until we are very close to them."
The Rookie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am
“Stealthy seems like the best plan. We don’t really know what we could be walking into, so best keep a low profile.”
"I prefer the term 'looting', but you're right, now's not the time to discuss this." She started to slowly move towards the building labeled 5, she seemed to be wanting to be in the front. "Booking it or stealth, I should take point. I have the key after all." She was holding said key in her hand, holding the key side as to be able to use it as a weapon if need be. She was holding it tightly though. She had tucked the handle bits into the coat.
The Rookie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am
Sylvi clenches her eyes a moment before seemingly regaining her composure. While she agrees the horses may be semi disposable, the sentiment was largely in part for Rita’s benefit. She lets out breath of air before addressing the young vixen in the same voice as Rita, though slightly more stern. “We have to try and find shelter for them, or else we’re looking at not only travelling on foot, but also having to carry the extra packs on our own backs, through the snow, alright? <And I’m certain those things would out run us down for sure on foot.>” Sylv knew by now that Rita was more than likely aware of what switching languages mid conversation meant for the tone of the subject matter, but Rita still didn’t need to hear Sylvi’s own fears said aloud.
She didn't want to argue again, especially with the threat this close and visible. She was silent and motionless for a moment, then huffed, speaking Keidran in the heat of the moment. "<Fine, but if you don't come back, even death won't save you from my wrath.>" She was trying to make the situation a little better, but after speaking it looked like she was regretting her words a bit. "<Just... come back.">

Phaing wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm
"The only thing I see that looks like a stable is that shed near where they Cow just died. Now let's - Freeze!"
Another bird appears, in the cluster of buildings to the right, just where Raimius was about to head towards. It is looking around, and seems to look straight at you from a few hundred feet away. Then the sound of cracking bones comes from where the others are feasting on the Cow. This new bird cackles and runs that way, across the bridge to the north side of the river.

"Okay, maybe a slight pause was for the best." Raimius has to admit."
Anaraia held her breath when she saw the thing staring at them until it ran away from them. "Maybe their vision is based on movement? There was no way that thing didn't see us." She was shaking after staring down the evil bird.



Phaing wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm
((I might re-open this to a player soon, if that is alright you you two?"))
I'm fine with that.

User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1009 Post by Phaing » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm

The Rookie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am
“You know I can still hear you though him, right?” Sylvi ask with a chearfully smug look upon her face, and her arms folded. “If you get up to any mischief, I’ll know about it.”
From the look on Rita's face, it is obvious to one and all that she did NOT know that. :oops:
"I'm not going to be able to have any fun here, am I?"
Rita's attempt at humor is totally lost on Raimius; "It's not that sort of place, Kiddo."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 am
"I prefer the term 'looting', but you're right, now's not the time to discuss this."
Rita smiles. "Looting? Yeah, half the people in this jail probably said the same thing, at one time or another."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 am
Anaraia held her breath when she saw the thing staring at them until it ran away from them. "Maybe their vision is based on movement? There was no way that thing didn't see us." She was shaking after staring down the evil bird.
"What?" Raimuis asks, glancing at her and Sylvi. "Oh... maybe. Or maybe it prefers a meal that has already been served."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 am
"Booking it or stealth, I should take point. I have the key after all."
That is a point that neither Raimius nor Rita can argue with... and somebody should be up front with Rita.

"
The Rookie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am
As the group begins to move, Sylvi is seen following up the rear with the horses in tow. Keeping them on short reigns and tugging gently to keep pace.
I have a hunch..." And following that hunch, Raimius us behind the horses that Sylvi is leading, with the 2-handed sword drawn. He spends almost as much time walking backwards as forwards.

You have to get in among the buildings to make sure of which one is number 5, it is the one (in hex 0909) that is the middle one of the row of three that have the brown roofs and slate-gray walls.
There are no hails from inside the buildings, it is eerily quiet here.

The door is heavy, made of nearly as much iron as wood, and is just one step up from the ground.
(oh wow... Anna is good. A natural 20 on a d-20 tells me so. These locks are designed to jam if the key isn't used the right way, and you got that door open w/o any of the complications I had in store)

The door is big enough for Sven, no problems there, but the horses ... who had been fairly passive until now ... are shoving Sylvi ahead of them in their eagerness to get inside.
Halfway in (Rita and Anna are already inside at this point, see below) Sylvi will hear Raimius speaking, holding his voice low and conversational in tone... and he is not speaking to her.
"Oh, you greedy [censored], you did see us, didn't you? Not even calling your pals, you wanted us all to yourself. Well, come on then, let's see what you can do!"

Inside, it is cold and dark. There is a lamp that can be lit, it still has plenty of oil, and there is a club laying on the floor. Doors are open to your left and right; on the right is an office, and to the right is a room for someone that had some rank, there is even a washbasin that has water in it... partly frozen. As soon as the horses get in there, they will tear apart the mattress of the bed to get at the fresh straw.
The windows are not barred here, and the door cannot be barred from inside. A little way up the hall is another of those heavy doors, but this one is half-open. Beyond it is the rest of the building, which is one long cell-block that has the 2nd floor open to your view.
That means that there is only enough flooring up there to give access to the cells up there, galleries similar to what you see in most prisons.
And once again, no noise or signs of life anywhere in there, yet.


((thanks, I will ask the guys that were trying to get into this earlier, first))
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1010 Post by The Rookie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am

DarkTheImmortal wrote: "<Just... come back.>”
Sylvi nods “Don’t worry. I’ll be right behind you.” trying to sound reassuring with her more maternal tone. “Just... Trust me, alright? I don’t enjoy having to explain things like I do, but there’s never enough time in the moment. I can’t have you questioning every little thing, or disobeying us when Raimius or I tell you to do something, not when the difference in a few seconds could mean life or death.”
Phaing wrote: From the look on Rita's face, it is obvious to one and all that she did NOT know that. :oops:
"I'm not going to be able to have any fun here, am I?"
Rita's attempt at humor is totally lost on Raimius; "It's not that sort of place, Kiddo."
”He’s right, this is a bad place to be wondering off.” she mumbles, staying quite a few seconds before seeming as if she’d been reminded of something important. “But if you do get lost, just remember to stay put, alright? I will be able to find you with some time, but if you’re moving around then it’ll be much harder for us to track you down.”
DarkTheImmortal wrote: "Maybe their vision is based on movement? There was no way that thing didn't see us." She was shaking after staring down the evil bird.
Phaing wrote:"What?" Raimuis asks, glancing at her and Sylvi. "Oh... maybe. Or maybe it prefers a meal that has already been served."
“They’re awful big to just be scavengers... Though what Ana said gives me an idea; if you don’t think you can out run, hide or fight one of these things, try playing dead... Works for everything else... Well, most things... A lot of things... Don’t think about it too much...”
Phaing wrote: "Oh, you greedy [censored], you did see us, didn't you? Not even calling your pals, you wanted us all to yourself. Well, come on then, let's see what you can do!"
Realizing there could only be one thing Raimius could be speaking to, Sylvi leads the horses toward the entrance at a slow deliberate pace. Any sign of panic may entice the creature to charge forward from where ever it was watching them from.

Once the first pair of horses had made their way inside, Sylvi drops the reigns and moves to grab her spear from the lead horse’s pack. “Raimius, let it be. Just move towards the door. Slowly. Don’t break eye contact.”

Once he’s inside she’ll close the door (Doors? Since they were wide enough for the horses)gingerly, while asking for the key to lock it behind them. “Help me find something we can use to block the entrance.”
Phaing wrote: and to the right is a room for someone that had some rank.
Someone like the wardern, perhaps?

While Sylvi and Raimius secured the other ways leading in, Sylvi calls on Ana’s natural talents to find things. “Hey, could you check to see if there’s anything we can use in there, Ana?” pointing over to the right side of the room, while standing with her spear facing the left entrance. Things like keys, maps, blueprints, manifest or even a list of inmates. Anything that’d give us some clues for what we can expect.”
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
Overlord of Space & Time
Posts: 1455
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1011 Post by DarkTheImmortal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:52 am

Phaing wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm
Inside, it is cold and dark. There is a lamp that can be lit, it still has plenty of oil, and there is a club laying on the floor. Doors are open to your left and right; on the right is an office, and to the right is a room for someone that had some rank, there is even a washbasin that has water in it... partly frozen. As soon as the horses get in there, they will tear apart the mattress of the bed to get at the fresh straw.
The windows are not barred here, and the door cannot be barred from inside. A little way up the hall is another of those heavy doors, but this one is half-open. Beyond it is the rest of the building, which is one long cell-block that has the 2nd floor open to your view.
That means that there is only enough flooring up there to give access to the cells up there, galleries similar to what you see in most prisons.
And once again, no noise or signs of life anywhere in there, yet.
Having found the key far away from this place, she was half expecting treasure. There was an audible "oh" when the door opened, but she quickly entered as inside with no treasure was better than outside with those things.
The Rookie wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am
Once he’s inside she’ll close the door (Doors? Since they were wide enough for the horses)gingerly, while asking for the key to lock it behind them. “Help me find something we can use to block the entrance.”
She hands over the key without question. Once the door is closed firmly she starts to wander around a bit, taking in their surroundings, rubbing her arms through the jacket to keep warm. She wasn't doing a thorough search, just a first glance of the room. Upon seeing the lamp she points to it. "Anyone have anything to light this?"
The Rookie wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am
While Sylvi and Raimius secured the other ways leading in, Sylvi calls on Ana’s natural talents to find things. “Hey, could you check to see if there’s anything we can use in there, Ana?” pointing over to the right side of the room, while standing with her spear facing the left entrance. Things like keys, maps, blueprints, manifest or even a list of inmates. Anything that’d give us some clues for what we can expect.”
"Yeah, sure, I can do that." She said before heading in that direction. Once reaching the room, she does the same thing as the previous room at first: Walking around and just looking. Once she has seen everything on the surface is when she starts looking in and under everything. She was mainly, however, looking for something that could tell them why no one was here.

User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1012 Post by Phaing » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Hey guys, sorry I missed my turn, this week has been rotten and my head isn't here at all.

I'll get caught up this weekend, and in the meanwhile if you know anyone that would like to join us, let them know we have an opening.
The only catch is, they would have to start as a Prisoner.
:potatoes:
I'll be posting Friday!
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1013 Post by Phaing » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:34 am

The Rookie wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am
“Raimius, let it be. Just move towards the door. Slowly. Don’t break eye contact.”
That was unexpected. No panic, and good advice, it even appears to work.
You get your first good look at one of these things, and a whiff of its odd smell... a bit like sawdust, and something sour.

Raimius is only pretending to be calm, Sylvi's words do wonders for his mental balance, and he gives it a try. As for the monstrous bird, it seems confused. Prey is standing it's ground, not running around screaming... why? Could this be dangerous?

Raimius manages to back away and join Sylvi before the Bird can make up it's mind. With two of them there, holding big shiny things, it has an even harder time making up it's mind... altho Raimius has missed a chance to have a Hero-moment with his greatsword. :mrgrin:

WAIT ONE
... this thing is being difficult to edit today.
See next post for more-
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1014 Post by Phaing » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 am

The Rookie wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am
Once he’s inside she’ll close the door (Doors? Since they were wide enough for the horses)gingerly, while asking for the key to lock it behind them. “Help me find something we can use to block the entrance.”
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:52 am
She hands over the key without question.
THAT impresses Raimius... and it comes just in the nick of time. As he finishes closing the heavy lock, there is a whack on the other side of the door that sounds as if a Mule kicked it.
And he will hand that key back to Anna. "Ah, thanks!"
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:52 am
Once the door is closed firmly she starts to wander around a bit, taking in their surroundings, rubbing her arms through the jacket to keep warm. She wasn't doing a thorough search, just a first glance of the room. Upon seeing the lamp she points to it. "Anyone have anything to light this?"
"Hanging on the wall... isn't it?"
There is a lanyard with a few Iron links sewn into it, and a bit of flint at the end.
There are some odds & ends that might be of interest; some loadstones that are shaped as if they are made to fit together in various ways. Something for a bored man to fiddle around with during long watches.
There is a shaving kit with a very high-grade razor and everything else a human would need to remove their face-fur.
And speaking of fur; mittens, boots, and a leather coat all lined with fur.
The Rookie wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am
Sylvi calls on Ana’s natural talents to find things. “Hey, could you check to see if there’s anything we can use in there, Ana?” pointing over to the right side of the room, while standing with her spear facing the left entrance. Things like keys, maps, blueprints, manifest or even a list of inmates. Anything that’d give us some clues for what we can expect.”
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:52 am
"Yeah, sure, I can do that." She said before heading in that direction. Once reaching the room, she does the same thing as the previous room at first: Walking around and just looking. Once she has seen everything on the surface is when she starts looking in and under everything. She was mainly, however, looking for something that could tell them why no one was here.
Raimius will go to search the other room himself, and curses. "We can't stay long, the bars in one of these windows is bent."

Among the things that Anna finds; a bottle of lamp oil, books on a variety of subjects (all irrelevant subjects or fiction, but there is a cookbook in there and a guide to knot-tying) and a ledger that says there were several dozen prisoners in here at last count. There is also a weird-looking item; a half a face-mask that is made of some sort of smokey glass (goggles).

When Anna reaches up to take those down from the peg in the wall they are hanging from, she will see that huge bird, looking straight at her through the bars, from just an arm's length away... so close that you can feel it's nasty breath on your face. It stares right at you for a moment, and then it pokes it's beak between the bars and starts to bend them.
cree-EEEEK
The Rookie wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am
Someone like the wardern, perhaps?
Perhaps, but no, this is just one building of many.
And another thing; no scabbards, not quivers, no sharpening stones, and no armor. It may have been removed, but there isn't anything here to indicate that there were serious weapons or armor or the means to take care of them.
Just that club, and in the drawer you open (the one that isn't stuffed with underwear) is a wooden frame with a bedding of straw, like what they put eggs in. This one has only 3 "eggs" left, made of glass. Each has a little liquid in it, and the liquid turns to some sort of fog if you shake the egg.


Deeper inside the building, Rita looks up at the stairs leading to the upper floor, and than at Sven. "I don't suppose you can climb stairs?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1015 Post by The Rookie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Phaing wrote:THAT impresses Raimius... and it comes just in the nick of time. As he finishes closing the heavy lock, there is a whack on the other side of the door that sounds as if a Mule kicked it.
And he will hand that key back to Anna. "Ah, thanks!"
It’s a tense moment immediately following the creature’s attempt to brake down the door; with Sylvi preparing to cast a spell should it get through.

However; after what feels like minutes pass without incident, she unleashes a pent up sigh of relief. “Heh heh, I knew that would work. Most predators I’ve heard of don’t like it when you stand your ground, they’d rather pounce when you’ve got your back to ‘em.” Smugly stroking her own ego till one small detail comes to mind. “Wait... You’re not supposed to do it with pack animals... Cause... That’s how they distract you while another member sneaks around to make the killing blow...” she nervously rolls her eyes over to Raimius, breaking into a nervous chuckle. “Well... I guess that means it was alone...”
Phaing wrote:When Anna reaches up to take those down from the peg in the wall they are hanging from, she will see that huge bird, looking straight at her through the bars, from just an arm's length away... so close that you can feel it's nasty breath on your face. It stares right at you for a moment, and then it pokes it's beak between the bars and starts to bend them.
cree-EEEEK
((I'm going to wait till Dark has a chance to react to this first. Currently Sylvi is sort of in the main "lobby" area, so she won't notice the bird until Anna screams or at least until the bars start creaking louder. Although, she'll be quick to respond once that happens.))
Phaing wrote: Deeper inside the building, Rita looks up at the stairs leading to the upper floor, and than at Sven. "I don't suppose you can climb stairs?"
((WHO LEFT HER BY HERSELF?!? Boy, is she going to cop once Sylvi catches her.))
Sven has no real issues moving up and down stairs; however, depending on how wide the walls are, he may have to walk with his head tilted at an odd angle. The young buck lets out a loud snort in response to Rita's question before taking the first few steps upward.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
Overlord of Space & Time
Posts: 1455
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1016 Post by DarkTheImmortal » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 am

Phaing wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 am
Raimius will go to search the other room himself, and curses. "We can't stay long, the bars in one of these windows is bent."

Among the things that Anna finds; a bottle of lamp oil, books on a variety of subjects (all irrelevant subjects or fiction, but there is a cookbook in there and a guide to knot-tying) and a ledger that says there were several dozen prisoners in here at last count. There is also a weird-looking item; a half a face-mask that is made of some sort of smokey glass (goggles).

When Anna reaches up to take those down from the peg in the wall they are hanging from, she will see that huge bird, looking straight at her through the bars, from just an arm's length away... so close that you can feel it's nasty breath on your face. It stares right at you for a moment, and then it pokes it's beak between the bars and starts to bend them.
cree-EEEEK
Anaraia pockets the oil for use in the lamp in the main room. She flips through the books quickly as if expecting something to fall out. when that fails she just leaves them in an unorderly pile. Upon looking at the ledger, she speaks loud enough for someone else to hear. "There aren't any signs of prisoners are there? last time the prison knew there were a few dozen. It'd be weird for a prison to just lose prisoners." She also silently declared she wouldn't be the one to look.

The face mask was indeed a weird item. She was going to take it off the rack to take to someone else to see if they knew what it was when she noticed the bird. She screamed and instinctively threw the nearest book at it (Which happened to be the cookbook) with all her might. She pulled out her dagger and backed out of the room. "We have company!" She yelled to get everyone's attention.

User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1017 Post by Phaing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 am

The Rookie wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm
... “Wait... You’re not supposed to do it with pack animals... Cause... That’s how they distract you while another member sneaks around to make the killing blow...” she nervously rolls her eyes over to Raimius, breaking into a nervous chuckle. “Well... I guess that means it was alone...”
"Doesn't mean a freaking thing." Raimius comments as he start looking for something useful in his area, going very quickly and smashing anything that gets in his way.
"Pack animals? This is something that we have never seen before, lets not let any previous assumptions lead us stray here."

And a moment later, mostly to himself; "Where IS everyone, that can't have eaten everyone in this place already!"
The Rookie wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm
((WHO LEFT HER BY HERSELF?!? ))
By herself?
You know, if I were Sven, I'd be a tad bit offended by that comment....
:P
The Rookie wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm
Sven has no real issues moving up and down stairs; however, depending on how wide the walls are, he may have to walk with his head tilted at an odd angle. The young buck lets out a loud snort in response to Rita's question before taking the first few steps upward.
Upstairs it is also quiet, but not totally silent. There is a hissing whisper that seems to be coming from one of the cells. Rita has seen dead things get up and go running around, so in this case she will hesitate, and ask Sven; "Is that a ghost?"
It isn't, being a supernatural creature Sven knows it isn't, but he will have to prove that to Rita, somehow.




DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 am
Anaraia pockets the oil for use in the lamp in the main room. She flips through the books quickly as if expecting something to fall out. when that fails she just leaves them in an unorderly pile. Upon looking at the ledger, she speaks loud enough for someone else to hear. "There aren't any signs of prisoners are there? last time the prison knew there were a few dozen. It'd be weird for a prison to just lose prisoners." She also silently declared she wouldn't be the one to look.
"I think they would be beating the bars if any were here." Raimius comments absently. "Rita should be able to see something." A pause. "Rita?"
A curse, and his feet start moving very quickly.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 am
The face mask was indeed a weird item. She was going to take it off the rack to take to someone else to see if they knew what it was when she noticed the bird. She screamed and instinctively threw the nearest book at it (Which happened to be the cookbook) with all her might. She pulled out her dagger and backed out of the room. "We have company!" She yelled to get everyone's attention.
Yeah, books don't make reliable missiles. It just sails through the bars and where it went is anyone's guess.
Where you lucked out was the horses munching on the mattress bumped into each other, instead of you. Anaria is able to back out, and just in time. The Bird's whole head comes through the bars, and the beak comes down on one of the horses, breaking it's neck. Then the bird pulls back, and yanks the whole carcass out through a gap in the bars that could only be a foot and a half (40 cm.) wide!
The other horse does the fainting goat routine, and for a second there is nothing to see out that window... until there is a curious scrawr? out there and another Bird peeks in.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1018 Post by The Rookie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Phaing wrote:"Doesn't mean a freaking thing." Raimius comments as he start looking for something useful in his area, going very quickly and smashing anything that gets in his way.
"Pack animals? This is something that we have never seen before, lets not let any previous assumptions lead us stray here."
Though he’s clearly distressed and admittedly correct that it’s too early to make assumptions; Sylvi was a tad hurt to have Raimius dismiss her assessment outright, especially given she just apologised for possibly putting him in danger.

Taking his more aggressive behaviour (The smashing of objects) more personally than as a result of their stressful circumstance, she worries that he’s more annoyed with her on the spot guess (Which seemed to be the right call) being a gamble with his life.

Her mildly bruised pride is going to have to wait; giving the man a scowling look before getting back to the matter at hand. Addressing Raimius in a flat neutral tone while rubbing her brow; “Right, whatever. The details aren’t important. Just grab Rita from where you’re hiding her and we’ll move on once Ana comes bac-.”
DarkTheImmortal wrote:Anaraia pockets the oil for use in the lamp in the main room. She flips through the books quickly as if expecting something to fall out. when that fails she just leaves them in an unorderly pile. Upon looking at the ledger, she speaks loud enough for someone else to hear. "There aren't any signs of prisoners are there? last time the prison knew there were a few dozen. It'd be weird for a prison to just lose prisoners." She also silently declared she wouldn't be the one to look.
Phaing wrote:"I think they would be beating the bars if any were here." Raimius comments absently. "Rita should be able to see something." A pause. "Rita?"
A curse, and his feet start moving very quickly.
“Raimius? Where are yo- Raimius?!” Sylvi cries out, quickly putting two and two together. She hesitates to leave the main door unguarded for all of a second before cursing herself and taking after him, when.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She screamed and instinctively threw the nearest book at it (Which happened to be the cookbook) with all her might. She pulled out her dagger and backed out of the room. "We have company!" She yelled to get everyone's attention.
Sylvi slides a few feet forward with the momentum gained chasing after Raimius, before pivoting and booking it toward the back room; spear in hand and aglow with mana. “<Mask be damned! Ana, get away from th-!>” she pauses with horrified shock as she arrives just in time to witness the horse’s corpse being effortlessly dragged away; only to snap back to reality with the arrival of a second beak. Its curious cooing sound sending shivers down her spine.

Thinking quick in order to prevent the avian raptor from snatching yet another horse, Sylvi cast a thick wall of ice in between the old iron bars, reinforcing and supporting them in the process. “Blast it all, coming in here was a mistake!” She cried as she bashes the newly formed wall with the butt of her spear to reaffirm its strength.

She turns to Ana, clearly distraught. “Rita is missing, and Raimius had just run off Mask know where looking for her.” she turns and looks angrily over her shoulder toward the widow. The silhouette of the of the creatures outside moving back and, forth as if inspecting the She wolf’s handy work. “And now we have these things coming in through the damned windows!”

Phaing wrote:Upstairs it is also quiet, but not totally silent. There is a hissing whisper that seems to be coming from one of the cells. Rita has seen dead things get up and go running around, so in this case she will hesitate, and ask Sven; "Is that a ghost?"
It isn't, being a supernatural creature Sven knows it isn't, but he will have to prove that to Rita, somehow.
Sven instinctively rears back upon hearing the mysterious sound echoing through the chambers. Not sure whether to tip toe back the way he came, or run.

The angelic buck shakes his head slowly from side to side when Rita ask about “ghost”, but his eyes remained fixated on the entrance of the cell.

Meanwhile down stairs, Sylvi can sense the fear flowing through Sven building, but can’t focus on their link well enough to get a good picture as to what happening up there.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
Overlord of Space & Time
Posts: 1455
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1019 Post by DarkTheImmortal » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 am

(Editing in this quote because I forgot you asked us to always quote you. whoops.)
Phaing wrote:
The Rookie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm
Sylvi slides a few feet forward with the momentum gained chasing after Raimius, before pivoting and booking it toward the back room; spear in hand and aglow with mana. “<Mask be damned! Ana, get away from th-!>” she pauses with horrified shock as she arrives just in time to witness the horse’s corpse being effortlessly dragged away; only to snap back to reality with the arrival of a second beak. Its curious cooing sound sending shivers down her spine.

Thinking quick in order to prevent the avian raptor from snatching yet another horse, Sylvi cast a thick wall of ice in between the old iron bars, reinforcing and supporting them in the process. “Blast it all, coming in here was a mistake!” She cried as she bashes the newly formed wall with the butt of her spear to reaffirm its strength.

She turns to Ana, clearly distraught. “Rita is missing, and Raimius had just run off Mask know where looking for her.” she turns and looks angrily over her shoulder toward the widow. The silhouette of the of the creatures outside moving back and, forth as if inspecting the She wolf’s handy work. “And now we have these things coming in through the damned windows!”
She was now holding both the daggers, taking a glance at every ground floor window. Her voice had a quiver to it. "We need to find a way out of here without them following us as well..." She remembered the oil she grabbed and pulled it out with shaking hands. "Maybe fire will at least stagger the things when we get out. Throw it and light the ground it lands on on fire, but we don't have anything for ranged lighting..." Her eyes fell on the lamp she saw when they entered and pointed at it. "Do you think that could work?"

(I'm also sick now too, so sorry if this is a little on the bad side.)

User avatar
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1020 Post by Phaing » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 am

(that was some really sweet RP posting! I am just sorry I don't have much to answer it with. Raimius is going after Rita, after all...)
The Rookie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm
She turns to Ana, clearly distraught. “Rita is missing, and Raimius had just run off Mask know where looking for her.” she turns and looks angrily over her shoulder toward the widow. The silhouette of the of the creatures outside moving back and, forth as if inspecting the She wolf’s handy work. “And now we have these things coming in through the damned windows!”
"SQUAAACK!!!" An iron bar thrown from somewhere above and behind the Bird hits it on it's... behind. The outraged animal yanks its head out through the bars, leaving a couple of feathers and some blood on the bars but it hardly seems to care about damage it inflicts on itself. Oh, but should anyone else harm it, look out!
The beak makes a loud popping sound as it snaps at thin air. It looks up, and seems ready to jump upwards when more bars come raining down, one of which hits it between the eyes and lays the beast out flat on the ground... for a moment.
The Rookie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm
Sven instinctively rears back upon hearing the mysterious sound echoing through the chambers. Not sure whether to tip toe back the way he came, or run.

The angelic buck shakes his head slowly from side to side when Rita ask about “ghost”, but his eyes remained fixated on the entrance of the cell.
There is also a soft bump, and a weird slithering sound. :shock:

Due to the angle, Sven can't see much of the inside, and Rita is also afraid... and that has a curious effect; it makes her mad.
She makes some sort of mystical sign with her hands*, and speaks defiantly and with an increasingly strident voice; "Ghosts now? DAMN you, I am not going to let some malignant vapors stop me! I am Princess Rhiannon, Daughter of Kings, and I will NOT become Bird-food!"

* also known as a "Mudra". (we will get more into that later)

And a voice that can barely reach you answers; "Well, that is all very interesting, but could you please CATCH the rope next time? If I miss again, the Bird might get it!"

Rita dashes around the corner, and when Sven catches up this is what he sees; from the building next to yours, a man is leaning out of a window, trying to throw a rope through the window of your building. Rita lunges for the window and somehow manages to catch the end of the rope.
"Good girl, now pull! Where are the others?"

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 am
(Editing in this quote because I forgot you asked us to always quote you. whoops.)
Phaing wrote:
Yeah, that is important, otherwise I don't get the highlight that tells me anything is happening!
I was afraid this one was starting to die out...


DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 am
She was now holding both the daggers, taking a glance at every ground floor window. Her voice had a quiver to it. "We need to find a way out of here without them following us as well..." She remembered the oil she grabbed and pulled it out with shaking hands. "Maybe fire will at least stagger the things when we get out. Throw it and light the ground it lands on on fire, but we don't have anything for ranged lighting..." Her eyes fell on the lamp she saw when they entered and pointed at it. "Do you think that could work?"
(with two daggers in her hands, she has to put one away or maybe drop one)

Before Sylvi can answer you, but not before the bars start to come raining down, the panicked horse bolts, into the main room and up the stairs! Raimius was about 3/4ths the way up when the horse starts it's amazing climb, and there just isn't room for them both. He manages to save himself from being crushed against the railing by rolling over it, and ends up hanging from the stairs by one hand and trying to get a grip with the other on the next rung. He will remain clam and the first person to see him like that will be greeted with a pained smirk, and; "Hi, a little help, here?"

The horse does considerable damage to the stairs on it's way up, and now Sven is confronted with the crazed steed in the confined walkway. Rita is in the cell, safe for now, but the way that horse is rolling it;s eyes shows it is not going to be reasonable.

((sorry if that made Anaria's post mostly obsolete, but things go sideways sometimes!)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest