Panel Shuffle

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Council Member

Re: Panel Shuffle

#11686 Post by Neutral Smith » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:21 pm

As soon as I saw the 'dark speech' thing in the last comic I thought of this:

If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Merchant

#11687 Post by IHeartMaeve » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 am

Neutral Smith wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:21 pm

I can’t help chuckling at that. The last time I saw that line was this video (which didn’t have this title when I last watched it) at the timestamp 1:15.

phpBB [video]

Also, forgive me for the vid being totally unrelated to the topic, or even the comic.

By the way, if you can’t get the vid to play, it was apparently taken down before you got to it. Don’t ask me to give the deets; I don’t have ‘em.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Council Member

#11688 Post by Neutral Smith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 am

IHeartMaeve wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 am
Neutral Smith wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:21 pm

[ i m g ]https://i.imgur.com/0Y2iTzd.jpg[/img]
I can’t help chuckling at that. The last time I saw that line was this video (which didn’t have this title when I last watched it) at the timestamp 1:15.

[ v i d e o ]https://youtu.be/ewNQPy25Xus[/video]

Also, forgive me for the vid being totally unrelated to the topic, or even the comic.

By the way, if you can’t get the vid to play, it was apparently taken down before you got to it. Don’t ask me to give the deets; I don’t have ‘em.
I have done a much larger version of that song in the past.

I have done similar things with other songs.

It's a pity I don't have much time these days.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Council Member

#11689 Post by MuonNeutrino » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:21 pm

I don't know if it really counts as a shuffle, but this is kinda the place for edits of Tom's stuff, so I guess here's where I put the edit I made of the Rose & Raine festival patreon art piece. I basically just did this because the timeline nerd in me was wincing at the apparent time travel involved in putting young!Rose and current!Raine in the same place. So I fixed it. :grin:

It was a neat exercise figuring out how to back out the bright red base color of the hair in Gimp and replace it with old!Rose's faded orangey-red while still preserving the highlighting/shading/lighting/etc, not to mention drawing the white streaks. It still looks more reddish than it does in the current comic, but I think that's mostly the lighting in this piece.

Council Member

#11690 Post by Neutral Smith » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 pm

So many possibilities with the last page...

Grand Templar

#11691 Post by Dadrobit » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 pm

So Tom gave us a bit of an edit himself.
Here's how much it changed.
And then Tom made an example of what Natani would look like with the original coloring. :mrgrin:

Master

#11692 Post by NuclearBird » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:42 am

Dadrobit wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 pm
And then Tom made an example of what Natani would look like with the original coloring. :mrgrin:
That... That's pretty nice.
Now excuse me while I try loosen my shirt's collar.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Grand Templar

#11693 Post by SirJahar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Eh, I personally prefer the more maroon/redder tone. Helps Nat stand out from the other forest wolves we have in the comic. Still, interesting to see "what could have been".
Finally putting my DA Gallery in my signature.
Reminder that I keep drawing requests open all the time, shoot me a PM.