Moderator: Moderators

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Panel Shuffle

#11521 Post by NuclearBird »

Takeshi6888 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 am

HEY!
Resident Evil 8 is looking good so far.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11522 Post by Vintage »

Context:
Spoiler!
phpBB [video]
Takeshi6888 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 am https://i.imgur.com/ALwVarp.png
This is hilarious XD
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

sesquipedalia

#11523 Post by sesquipedalia »

Takeshi6888 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 am

HEY!
I read this as the Jimmy Fallon theme music
"Your soul is a chosen landscape"
- Paul Verlaine

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#11524 Post by Cyon »

Vintage wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Context:
Spoiler!
phpBB [video]
GREGANTE?
That has to be the best expression I've seen from Sythe so far :grin:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#11525 Post by SirJahar »

Vintage wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 pm Image

Context:
Spoiler!
phpBB [video]
Takeshi6888 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 am https://i.imgur.com/ALwVarp.png
This is hilarious XD
YEEESSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

This is too perfect, and needed to happen.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#11526 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Here's another longer, more serious shuffle. The idea for this one has been knocking around in my head for literally months; I'm glad to have finally gotten it down on pixels. I'm usually more of a Keith/Natani fan rather than a Trace/Flora one, but something about this one just spoke to me.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#11527 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Wow, that shuffle's really something
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Phaing
Master

#11528 Post by Phaing »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:36 pm Here's another longer, more serious shuffle. The idea for this one has been knocking around in my head for literally months; I'm glad to have finally gotten it down on pixels. I'm usually more of a Keith/Natani fan rather than a Trace/Flora one, but something about this one just spoke to me.
Oh wow.... that was just to freaking perfect!
(puurrrr-fect?) :flora:

It is wonderful to see Flora being the steady, re-assuring presence in Trace's life, and such a warm & intimate setting.
I don't recall seeing much of that since Tom's art became so darn beautiful.

I don't know of this is the "best" shuffle I have ever seen, but I definitely have a new Favorite! :D
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#11529 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:36 pm Image

A solid peice of amazing stuff :maeve:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#11530 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Phaing wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 amIt is wonderful to see Flora being the steady, re-assuring presence in Trace's life, and such a warm & intimate setting.
Yeah, that was definitely one thing I was going for.

I see Flora as being Trace's anchor, in a way. When he lost his memories he was adrift, with nothing to hold on to - and when he started to recover elements of his past self they were all negative. It's not like he's totally dependent on her or something, but more than any other element in his life she's his anchor and compass, helping him hold off the storm and keep on course. He trusts her, and if he lost her... it wouldn't be pretty. And while it's easy to overlook among all of the other stuff going on in the comic, evil!Trace is still in there. He still wants out, he's still *not* a nice person, and he knows how important Flora is to Trace, how much easier it'd be to regain control if she were out of the way - or if something happened to her. He's already tried to split them up once, and while that attempt foundered on the rocks of Trace's trust in Flora that doesn't mean he's given up. And so I kinda wanted to do something that highlighted that dichotomy - evil!Trace's hate versus Flora's love.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11531 Post by BadFoMo »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:36 pmHere's another longer, more serious shuffle. The idea for this one has been knocking around in my head for literally months; I'm glad to have finally gotten it down on pixels. I'm usually more of a Keith/Natani fan rather than a Trace/Flora one, but something about this one just spoke to me.

https://i.imgur.com/qr0ozzA.png
Nicely done. Would I be right in guessing that you're the one requesting ‘After Trace wake up from a nightmare/bad memory, Flora comfort Trace and soothed him back to sleep.’?

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:16 am
Phaing wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 amIt is wonderful to see Flora being the steady, re-assuring presence in Trace's life, and such a warm & intimate setting.
Yeah, that was definitely one thing I was going for.

I see Flora as being Trace's anchor, in a way. When he lost his memories he was adrift, with nothing to hold on to - and when he started to recover elements of his past self they were all negative. It's not like he's totally dependent on her or something, but more than any other element in his life she's his anchor and compass, helping him hold off the storm and keep on course. He trusts her, and if he lost her... it wouldn't be pretty. And while it's easy to overlook among all of the other stuff going on in the comic, evil!Trace is still in there. He still wants out, he's still *not* a nice person, and he knows how important Flora is to Trace, how much easier it'd be to regain control if she were out of the way - or if something happened to her. He's already tried to split them up once, and while that attempt foundered on the rocks of Trace's trust in Flora that doesn't mean he's given up. And so I kinda wanted to do something that highlighted that dichotomy - evil!Trace's hate versus Flora's love.
How very ‘Vampire: The Masquerade’.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#11532 Post by MuonNeutrino »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 amNicely done. Would I be right in guessing that you're the one requesting ‘After Trace wake up from a nightmare/bad memory, Flora comfort Trace and soothed him back to sleep.’?
Oddly enough, no. I certainly was amused the first time I noticed that suggestion in the list, given how it matched this shuffle idea I'd had knocking around in my head, but that's not me. (If it *were* me, it'd have proper grammar! :grin:) I wouldn't mind seeing it drawn, though.
How very ‘Vampire: The Masquerade’.
I'm not actually familiar with that setting, could you elaborate? What about this reminds you of it?

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11533 Post by BadFoMo »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:35 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 amHow very ‘Vampire: The Masquerade’.
I'm not actually familiar with that setting, could you elaborate? What about this reminds you of it?
I will admit, most of my knowledge of ‘Vampire: The Masquerade’ comes from the two video games ‘Bloodlines’ and ‘Redemption’ and not the actual Pen and Paper RPG.

Anyway, in the game, Vampires have what they referred to as a beast deep within them. It's like a cornered animal, wild, scared and will do anything to survive; that includes taking control away from the Vampire just to get out of a situation. The way the beast is kept in check is by holding onto any amount of humanity the Vampire has left, and/or having someone or something to anchor them.

Evil!Trace is his beast; and, as you stated, Flora is his anchor.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#11534 Post by Neptune »

HerrIrish wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:03 am Here's something I thought up forever ago but only just got around to finishing. I'll probably add words later at some point, but for now I think it's pretty okay without them so I'm posting it as it is.
"Requiescat in pace."
Sorry for the necro but that's 100% certified loss.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Quinn_Auer

#11535 Post by Quinn_Auer »