Re: Panel Shuffle

#11446 Post by Cyon »

Gabriel of creosha wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:24 am
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:55 pm https://i.imgur.com/eTjVNvi.png
Just some dead batteries.
*snip*
What's this? The return of the blurry pink thing? :twisted:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#11447 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Cyon wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 pm
Gabriel of creosha wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:24 am
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:55 pm https://i.imgur.com/eTjVNvi.png
Just some dead batteries.
*snip*
What's this? The return of the blurry pink thing? :twisted:
Rather the purry pink thing xD
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#11448 Post by Zakkerus »

Heeeey, I think I did this right this time. So, here's this:

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#11449 Post by TheMouse »

Ha! Maybe a little practice on getting things nice and clean, but the idea is solids! I laughed.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#11450 Post by Zakkerus »

TheMouse wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm Ha! Maybe a little practice on getting things nice and clean, but the idea is solids! I laughed.
Oh, heh heh, you think so, huh? Well, thank you kindly. :) I have another one already made, but it's pretty sloppily done. But, I did do it in the generic Paint tool after all, so, ha, that's to be expected.

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#11451 Post by Zakkerus »

ThunderVolt wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:24 am
Zakkerus wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:03 pm
TheMouse wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm Ha! Maybe a little practice on getting things nice and clean, but the idea is solids! I laughed.
Oh, heh heh, you think so, huh? Well, thank you kindly. :) I have another one already made, but it's pretty sloppily done. But, I did do it in the generic Paint tool after all, so, ha, that's to be expected.
I highly recommend Google Slides. Super easy to work with and all things come out as if they were made in Gimp.
Oh, really? Huh, well, I'll have to try that one day. Thank you for the info!

Well, here's another one, however, it's super sloppy. And might trigger Trace lovers... And maybe Nibbly lovers

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11452 Post by Schrodinger »

As someone who was around when both events happened. Yeah, we are animal lovers here. We could give less of a crap about the main character's body count.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#11453 Post by Zakkerus »

Schrodinger wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 am As someone who was around when both events happened. Yeah, we are animal lovers here. We could give less of a crap about the main character's body count.
I've been around (the reading the comic part, not the forums part) since both of them as well, and I'm an animal lover too, but I'm not a fan of innocent child murdering. And with that scream they let out, you know it was an extremely painful death for those poor, innocent little ones. Yet little ol' Nibbly just sprang back up and was as good as new.

Guess I'm just sensative when it comes to killing people who've yet to really experience life, and we're basically just in school. :p

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#11454 Post by TheMouse »

I thought those were, y'know, Templars. Innocent hardly describes that organization, though I suppose some individuals may be. But you're essentially right. I think a large part of it is that we associate those murders with 'old Trace' rather than 'current Trace', as the murders were done while he was messed up on mana. Kind of like his genocidal war on Keidran or his devastating areas with use of black mana.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#11455 Post by Zakkerus »

TheMouse wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:36 pm I thought those were, y'know, Templars. Innocent hardly describes that organization, though I suppose some individuals may be. But you're essentially right. I think a large part of it is that we associate those murders with 'old Trace' rather than 'current Trace', as the murders were done while he was messed up on mana. Kind of like his genocidal war on Keidran or his devastating areas with use of black mana.
I kind of think of it like this: when we were children, we were forced to go to school, to listen to our elders, and to listen and obey whatever controlling force currently occupies the government office. Children usually have little input in their choices until they reach the age of adulthood, usually. So, the children probably had no say in being there, or little say in what they were doing. To them, it may've been like when you were forced to go on a field trip because your parent or guardian signed off on it without a second thought for you're safety.
And for Trace, I tend to think that people show their true self when things are bad. And you show you're true control of your personally and actions, when you can't control yourself. When one's unchained will they bite whoever's nearby, no mater who they are, or will they still have a moral compass and weigh options?

But I do understand you're thoughts though. I'm not meaning to dis them in anyway; this was just how I thought of it.

Sorry for getting all philosophical, if it's bothering too many people, I can tone it down a little. :potatoes:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11456 Post by Schrodinger »

Zakkerus wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:09 pm
TheMouse wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:36 pm I thought those were, y'know, Templars. Innocent hardly describes that organization, though I suppose some individuals may be. But you're essentially right. I think a large part of it is that we associate those murders with 'old Trace' rather than 'current Trace', as the murders were done while he was messed up on mana. Kind of like his genocidal war on Keidran or his devastating areas with use of black mana.
I kind of think of it like this: when we were children, we were forced to go to school, to listen to our elders, and to listen and obey whatever controlling force currently occupies the government office. Children usually have little input in their choices until they reach the age of adulthood, usually. So, the children probably had no say in being there, or little say in what they were doing. To them, it may've been like when you were forced to go on a field trip because your parent or guardian signed off on it without a second thought for you're safety.
And for Trace, I tend to think that people show their true self when things are bad. And you show you're true control of your personally and actions, when you can't control yourself. When one's unchained will they bite whoever's nearby, no mater who they are, or will they still have a moral compass and weigh options?

But I do understand you're thoughts though. I'm not meaning to dis them in anyway; this was just how I thought of it.

Sorry for getting all philosophical, if it's bothering too many people, I can tone it down a little. :potatoes:
I went back to the threads created at the time and reread them. The sentiment at the time was that Randal had profoundly [censored] up and was going to get what was coming to him. Those young Templar were innocent victims and their fate was sealed the moment we saw dark mana leeching into Trace's bloodstream. We had weeks of foreshadowing to speculate and process that Trace was going to go berserk and we'd seen evidence of his brutality before so when the axe finally dropped it wasn't much of a shock or a surprise. I'd say the consensus now is that we don't attribute fault on Trace as we know him now but on his darker persona, the mental scarring and insanity he's suffered, and also onto the Templar organization for causing the situation to begin with.

Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm also the same person that openly laughed when the Arms General was blown inside-out on page 500...
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#11457 Post by Cyon »

Zakkerus wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:45 pm Heeeey, I think I did this right this time. So, here's this:
*snip*
Nat likes the taste of Basitin meat confirmed :twisted:
Schrodinger wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:28 pm
Zakkerus wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:09 pm

I went back to the threads created at the time and reread them. The sentiment at the time was that Randal had profoundly [censored] up and was going to get what was coming to him. Those young Templar were innocent victims and their fate was sealed the moment we saw dark mana leeching into Trace's bloodstream. We had weeks of foreshadowing to speculate and process that Trace was going to go berserk and we'd seen evidence of his brutality before so when the axe finally dropped it wasn't much of a shock or a surprise. I'd say the consensus now is that we don't attribute fault on Trace as we know him now but on his darker persona, the mental scarring and insanity he's suffered, and also onto the Templar organization for causing the situation to begin with.

Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm also the same person that openly laughed when the Arms General was blown inside-out on page 500...
I for one felt sorry for him. Despite having been ordered to stop Natani and Kat at all costs, he was moderate in his violence and wanted them to live on. I kinda hope that Sirius meets some serious misfortune in the future (ba-dum tsss) as he's done a fair few [censored] things that could have been worked around. Like when he removed Guild Master Tarron at the Festival of the beasts which from him can easily be assumed to mean that he was assassinated.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#11458 Post by Zakkerus »

So, I've made yet another panel shuffle. This one just popped up in my head while I was working on a computer. I guess I was thinking about what else Reni carries in her magic satchel, then I wondered if she carried food in there. Also, I had to create a speech bubble of my own in this one, and you can definitely tell. I also had to fit a lot of words into smaller bubbles, so, they're all scrunched together at times. Hooray for minimum effort! So, yeah, here it is:

Yet another panel shuffle of mine about a character eating another one. :p

SomeOtherTom
Traveler

#11459 Post by SomeOtherTom »

I was going to come out of retirement with a Halloween shuffle but I missed the date. Maybe it'll be ready for next year.

Have a two-parter instead. Someone in the stream chat was asking about whats canon or not with the patreon sketches and it got me thinking...

What if they were*? *sort of

Part 2:
Spoiler!
Forum & Stream Lurker, Shuffler, SomeOtherTom
Panel Shuffle Gallery

SomeOtherTom
Traveler

#11460 Post by SomeOtherTom »

ThunderVolt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 am Waaaaaaaaaait a minute. Where did you get that third panel in the second part? I've never seen it before in my life.
This piece from patreon
Forum & Stream Lurker, Shuffler, SomeOtherTom
Panel Shuffle Gallery