34%
Who cares?
11%

Total votes: 91

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Can Trace turn into a Keidran?

#46 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

One must realize though that if he did have a Keidran transformation spell in his old journal, it likely was not for the best of intentions.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

Remian
New Citizen

#47 Post by Remian »

Talonmaster Zso wrote:One must realize though that if he did have a Keidran transformation spell in his old journal, it likely was not for the best of intentions.
Quite right you are there.
"What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?"
-Disturbed's "Divide"

I'm a capitalist pig and proud of it.

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#48 Post by epion04 »

Talonmaster Zso wrote:One must realize though that if he did have a Keidran transformation spell in his old journal, it likely was not for the best of intentions.
Regardless of the intentions of the spell, would it not be at very least quite similar? Perhaps that is why he is practicing in the panel that spawned this topic?

I guess I am looking at it this way, the role a typical kitchen knife plays is dependent on you intentions of it. If all you mean to do is prepare dinner, then it is just a tool. If you intend to get rid of your in laws with it, it is something different entirely, even though the object in question is the same.
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

KnightAceNick
Citizen

#49 Post by KnightAceNick »

epion04 wrote:
Regardless of the intentions of the spell, would it not be at very least quite similar? Perhaps that is why he is practicing in the panel that spawned this topic?

I guess I am looking at it this way, the role a typical kitchen knife plays is dependent on you intentions of it. If all you mean to do is prepare dinner, then it is just a tool. If you intend to get rid of your in laws with it, it is something different entirely, even though the object in question is the same.
This is true... but I dunno what the spell is being used for due to his hair color being slightly red. Does it mean:

A. His hair is red due to the use of his old spell when he was bad

or

B. His hair is red because he's using the spell for evil purposes...

This is where I'm confused...:P

shirosaki666
Master

#50 Post by shirosaki666 »

His hair turns red pretty much whenever he uses something beyond a basic spell.

That's only a partial color change, which I think implies its a semi-strong spell. Which I think implies its more of a powerful/ultimate illusion then an actual transformation. Completely disguises him(Appearence, smell, voice, gives all other properties of actually being a Keidran w/o the internal differences), and lets him infiltrate wherever he wants. Which is what I think Master Spy and Master Strategist do.

I don't think they truly transform into a Keidran, just an ultimate illusion.

I also don't think Trace would transform into a Keidrain if he could. He wants to INCREASE the time he and Flora have. Transforming himself into a Keidran would only decrease it. If he could do anything, I'd imagine he'd try to transform Flora into a human. Possibly going insane in the process. Like trying to revive his wife.

Wouldn't that be an interesting end to the comic?
I used to have a signature but that host was lost years ago, so now I have this. Better than an arrow to the knee.

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#51 Post by epion04 »

And this is where this thread and the other thread about Euchre going back and forth between human and keidran begin to merge.

A question that comes up, assuming the spell is not just an illusion and causes an actually physical change in the affected, does the lifespan change accordingly?
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

EB from G
Council Member

#52 Post by EB from G »

epion04 wrote:A question that comes up, assuming the spell is not just an illusion and causes an actually physical change in the affected, does the lifespan change accordingly?
It would be logical that the lifespan of a subject got shortened if its entire physiology got transformed into a Keidran.

Neybulot
New Citizen

#53 Post by Neybulot »

I was hoping a topic like this would come up. I've been wondering the exact same thing ever since I saw that page for the first time. I'm surprised I didn't come on here and see it sooner.

I hope he has a canon Keidran transformation. XP
Suck on that, Cable!
ImageImage

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#54 Post by avengedplatypus »

I think a better question is... will flora turn into a human later on in the story?
see what im saying? trace wants to find a way to keep flora alive. abd if he can reverse the keidran spell to turn keidran into humans, he can turn flora into a human, thereby, keeping her alive as long as him!!!

Gforce81
Templar Master

#55 Post by Gforce81 »

avengedplatypus wrote:I think a better question is... will flora turn into a human later on in the story?
see what im saying? trace wants to find a way to keep flora alive. abd if he can reverse the keidran spell to turn keidran into humans, he can turn flora into a human, thereby, keeping her alive as long as him!!!
I dunno...
An action like that would "tip the scales" of the balance Euphermal is so concerned about. And the way that Euphermal said that "they (Trace and Flora) must be in the same conflict, but not on the same side (Or something like that...)." I think that if Trace and Flora were on the same side, it would freak some stuff out.
ImageBest movie of all time!

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#56 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

But him changing Flora (Outside of personal fanfics) would make much more sense than him changing himself for her.

The issue is he feels she can't live long enough, not that he wants to die at the same time as her. It's like saying you're upset you are likely to outlive many of your pets, so you'd like to shorten your life span to theirs.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

mac user
Citizen

#57 Post by mac user »

That would be cool if he could change.
Image Please take a few seconds to click an egg, it's for the greater (Dragon) good!
I need my honey butter!
Heres a good bite, I mean, site!

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#58 Post by Yakamaru »

He could find magic to change himself, but that would kinda kill the whole "two completely different races" thingy, and the love they share for eachother as two different species.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Gforce81
Templar Master

#59 Post by Gforce81 »

Talonmaster Zso wrote:But him changing Flora (Outside of personal fanfics) would make much more sense than him changing himself for her.

The issue is he feels she can't live long enough, not that he wants to die at the same time as her. It's like saying you're upset you are likely to outlive many of your pets, so you'd like to shorten your life span to theirs.
Yeah, I agree with you. Changing himself for Flora is only dancing around the subject/problem, it makes no sense and accomplishes nothing.
ImageBest movie of all time!

Kitsuneiki
New Citizen

#60 Post by Kitsuneiki »

Sithil wrote:
Demus wrote:I recall Tom stating somewhere that he will remove that panel from the book. I could be wrong.

Trace has no memory and is therefore forced to learn magic the hard way - which should make make complicated magic like turning into a whole another being extremely hard for him. It could be the old Trace momentarily taking over and becoming concious of his state of mind (i.e multiple personality disorder), but I find it unlikely given the situation the the above comic page.

Holy crap, that's it! He's there! Been all the time!
I called it!
And I support it. With all my heart. The thought of Old Trace just playing along, planning all of this. Even getting kidnapped by the Basitins so that he would be taken to the Templar. Brilliant. Unlikely of course, but I just love dreaming.

Oh wow Sithil you are Evil :shock: