23%
Who the f**k is Laura?
9%

Total votes: 80

EB from G
Council Member

Poll: Will Laura survive this chapter?

#1 Post by EB from G »

Do you think Laura will survive this chapter?

She's just a disturbance in Keith's and Natani's upcoming relationship, also things look getting hostile to the company among the Basitin society, so could Laura's character be removed with relatively ease (misaimed arrow, getting crushed under the collapsing Tower, etc.).

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Poll: Will Laura survive this chapter?

#2 Post by avwolf »

If Laura dies, it'll be in a way that provides resolution for her character and a shot at redemption. If she dies then it will be in a manner that demonstrates that she no longer will run and hide because people are unkind. She will die on her feet -- standing up for Keith. But I don't know if Tom'll kill her off. She is the most easily killed character, but Keith's so unsure as to what he feels, she might be left around to form complications between Keith and Natani; to force Keith to actually make a choice, knowing that someone will be hurt no matter what he does.

Demus
Templar

#3 Post by Demus »

I don't know why, but suddenly I have the image of how Aerith died in FFVII
Then who would be as Sephiroth?
The shapeshifting cliché!

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Sithil »

If anyone would actually kill Laura, I'd say that it would most likely be "anonymus Basitin warrior", or Alaric. Possibly Trace if he goes back to his original self when Laura is around.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by avwolf »

That reminds me, Sithil: I'm not sure Laura can be killed until her flashback about Trace is explained. Now that she's been tied to Trace's life, she still has a story to tell. Bravo, Tom, I didn't even think of that before.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Sithil »

Oh yeah. I had completely forgotten about that little incident. Well, now that you mentioned it, I certainly look forward to it. It's going to be very intresting, not to say amusing, to find out some more about Trace's dark past.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#7 Post by FastChapter »

God, I hope not.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Sithil »

Awww, come on Fasty! What do you have against Trace slaughtering Keidrans, stepping over their bodies to either kill their children as well or take them as slaves? His clothes and hair stained dark red, a look of indifference upon his face. His eyes merciless and without the slightest sign of pity or remorse. His hands gripping around a cub's throat, slowly strangeling it for struggeling against him. His face twisting with spite as he sees a mother crawl in pain toward the mutilated body of her child.

*Shivers with pleasure at the images*

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by avwolf »

Sithil wrote:Awww, come on Fasty! What do you have against Trace slaughtering Keidrans, stepping over their bodies to either kill their children as well or take them as slaves? His clothes and hair stained dark red, a look of indifference upon his face. His eyes merciless and without the slightest sign of pity or remorse. His hands gripping around a cub's throat, slowly strangeling it for struggeling against him. His face twisting with spite as he sees a mother crawl in pain toward the mutilated body of her child.

Fast was just answering the question posed by the thread title. He wasn't commenting on whether or not he'd like to see Trace's dark past.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Sithil »

avwolf wrote:
Sithil wrote:Awww, come on Fasty! What do you have against Trace slaughtering Keidrans, stepping over their bodies to either kill their children as well or take them as slaves? His clothes and hair stained dark red, a look of indifference upon his face. His eyes merciless and without the slightest sign of pity or remorse. His hands gripping around a cub's throat, slowly strangeling it for struggeling against him. His face twisting with spite as he sees a mother crawl in pain toward the mutilated body of her child.

Fast was just answering the question posed by the thread title. He wasn't commenting on whether or not he'd like to see Trace's dark past.
Ah. My mistake then. Terribly sorry.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#11 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Though I love Laura, and I agree that she still serves some importance in telling her story, I'm pro-KeithxNatini. I'm hoping their little spat ends in a positive, constructive manner, neither of them dying, maybe ending up together, but at least patching up their relationship.

That being said, Laura's going to have to end up somewhere. It wouldn't fit to just leave her on the island, it's too bland for Tom. If she ends up dying, I can imagine it being at the hands of some random Bastian soldier, who Keith kills in turn, Then Laura, dying in Keith's arms, would struggle to say her final words: "I'm sorry Keith. I still love you. I always have..."
Or something like that.

Words like those would continue to mess with Keith's conflicting feelings for her and Natini, even after her death. How annoying that would be.

Y'know, assuming that doesn't make Keith go all RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEE!!! and kamikaze into the stronghold. Keith dying after that wouldn't leave Natini with anywhere to go. D:

LivingontheEdge
New Citizen

#12 Post by LivingontheEdge »

She'll live AND die! Whoever that is!

Hehe, I voted for everything.

Freezeblink

#13 Post by Freezeblink »

She has small boobs. She is doomed to die.
Pay no attention to my post-count.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by avwolf »

Foob, how'd you manage to misspell Natani's name, the same way, every single time.

Also -- What would a Natini be? Like a Saketini only with Zen instead of Sake? :P

For the sake of humor, I will suggest that Laura will join the party when they flee the island. By this time, Keith and Natani have admitted their feelings to one another, but since Keith refuses to pretend he's gay, and Natani that she's physically a woman, they keep their relationship a secret. Then Laura spends some time trying to rekindle her love with Keith, completely unaware that he and Natani are now an item.

catldr24
Only a LITTLE Sadistic

#15 Post by catldr24 »

To start, I <3 Laura.
I am an avid proponent of LauraxKeith.

She isn't making it out of this chapter.
I have a feeling and I had an argument but I lost the post because of an internet in/out while posting. Maybe I'll post it later :/