31%
Other options (revenant, etc.)
23%
Who the f**k is Laura?
9%

Total votes: 80

InauspiciousOdds
Traveler

Re: Poll: Will Laura survive this chapter?

#46 Post by InauspiciousOdds »

SpikeRulesHell wrote:
FastChapter wrote: She's not real... don't worry about it, :)
Oh, sure, ruin all of my hopes and dreams... :P
That's what I was thinking!

On a more serious note, I think Laura making it through this chapter is about 50/50. Snowball's chance in hell that I going to try to repeat everything in this discussion, but I personally would like to see Laura develop and rekindle the relationship with keith, because I believe strongly in forgiveness. If I remember correctly she has spent 5 years- a quarter of her life, trying to attone for the mistake. I don't mind if she dies because I like Natani pretty well, but I won't be too pleased if it's anything short of heroism. Sorry in advance for all typos and grammatical errors. I'm tired and sick.
Official Zen fan... He is always with us in spirit..

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#47 Post by avwolf »

InauspiciousOdds wrote:On a more serious note, I think Laura making it through this chapter is about 50/50. Snowball's chance in hell that I going to try to repeat everything in this discussion, but I personally would like to see Laura develop and rekindle the relationship with keith, because I believe strongly in forgiveness. If I remember correctly she has spent 5 years- a quarter of her life, trying to attone for the mistake. I don't mind if she dies because I like Natani pretty well, but I won't be too pleased if it's anything short of heroism. Sorry in advance for all typos and grammatical errors. I'm tired and sick.
I'm not sure you can justify the statement that she's been trying to attone for the last five years. She followed Keith to Human lands, but then went home as soon as he went somewhere that it would have been really dangeorus for her to go. And she stayed home. For years. She only left to go find Keith again about six months ago, roughly when Keith met Trace and decided to go home himself. That meant that Laura spent most of the last five years safely in her village, until the guilt for what she'd done became too much for her to bear. Though I'll freely admit, I'm not being particularly kind or forgiving to Laura. I'm firmly in Natani's camp. *wry grin*

casterclass
Templar Master

#48 Post by casterclass »

Haha while we know what catches your eye *cough wolflady cough*, what you say is still sound.

Laura is trying to do the right thing now, but when it came time to choose what was right or what was convenient she made a poor choice. Sort of like when you get older and you think about all those unfinished projects of your life and which ones you might be able to finish, I guess in a general way it feels more like she is tying off a loose end in her life rather than doing what is right by keith.
"Wake up Mr. Freeman... Wake up... and smell the ashes"

InauspiciousOdds
Traveler

#49 Post by InauspiciousOdds »

oops here's the comic that I mixed up the time she had been looking. http://twokindscomic.com/?p=415

It's also the comic where I decided Laura was one of my favorite characters :)
Official Zen fan... He is always with us in spirit..

shirosaki666
Master

#50 Post by shirosaki666 »

She is trying to do the right thing, but she's a character that...I see dying doing something special.

Maybe she walks in on Keith and Natani fighting, it did say Keith was getting her a room at the Inn. Then later in the story, seeing how much Natani means to him, she saves her life somehow, like diving in front of a spear.
I used to have a signature but that host was lost years ago, so now I have this. Better than an arrow to the knee.

Liro

#51 Post by Liro »

i highly doubt tom would do that, though i have been reading these since like 2004 i dont actualy know him so what say do i have?
If i ever do somthing crazy i normaly hide somwhere no one can find me.. so thats why im trying to make a secret lab!

Garo

#52 Post by Garo »

Demus wrote:I don't know why, but suddenly I have the image of how Aerith died in FFVII
Then who would be as Sephiroth?

O that's so not fair. Cheap shot at FF7. And here I've been trying to rid myself of that image :(

But no, I don't think she will die.
It is said, that everyone has an inner animal. The second side of the same coin. But what if...the animal is the good part?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#53 Post by Schrodinger »

Garo wrote:
Demus wrote:I don't know why, but suddenly I have the image of how Aerith died in FFVII
Then who would be as Sephiroth?
O that's so not fair. Cheap shot at FF7. And here I've been trying to rid myself of that image :(

But no, I don't think she will die.

I'm so delightfully evil!
What was it the spider said to the fly...

loverhater
Apprentice

#54 Post by loverhater »

The question of can Tom kill one of his creations? can the god who gave life give death? If she lives then the laura fan's win, and Tom's artistic abilities are limited. (artistic abilities are important and all but do you really want the laura fan's to win? thats the real debate. :grin: )
don't mess with black basitin magic, before she met a basitin they called her Mr. Nora.

Remian
New Citizen

#55 Post by Remian »

Personally, I think she'll end up like Aerith from FFVII. Dead. As a doornail.
Or she'll fall in love with some other bastin.
"What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?"
-Disturbed's "Divide"

I'm a capitalist pig and proud of it.

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#56 Post by Yakamaru »

I hope she doesn't die.. Kinda like her character. Hope she just falls for someone, and ends up with a relationship. ^^
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Zylar
Far From Sane

#57 Post by Zylar »

I'm thinking she'll disappear at one point never to be seen again.
Holy_458 wrote:I wouldn't trust Zy with anything sharper than a crayon

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#58 Post by Sage Asuka »

Yakamaru wrote:I hope she doesn't die.. Kinda like her character. Hope she just falls for someone, and ends up with a relationship. ^^
That's what I'm hoping for...but then I think over how cliche it'd be and how...it probably won't happen. Really the only situation I can see is either her traveling with the group for awkward love triangles or dying for the sake of Keith or perhaps to save Natani. In the Natani scenerio I could see her telling Natani to make Keith happy in her stead and probably how she wishes she was more like her (which would be a ironic twist considering Natani observed Laura's character and thought about how Keith likes her because she's kind)

As for what people said about her going to the human border, giving up, and going back...I've thought this over. She had to have witnessed that bloody massacre with the wolves and Trace. Her reaction around humans seems to be of terror. Perhaps he's the reason why she gave up. I mean, if the first human you ever witness is ripping apart innocents in front of you I'm sure you're not just going to merrily cross over into their lands, especially knowing they hate your kind.
Image Image Image Image

A.J./Kho
Grand Templar

#59 Post by A.J./Kho »

Awww... I'm a sop for love stories. |D
On Christmas 2009, Closing fast on New Year's Day, Kholhaus the Great came back

But who knows for how long? Not we, the faithful. We watch and wait. For the annoying noob to go away.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#60 Post by Sithil »

Sage Asuka wrote:
Yakamaru wrote:I hope she doesn't die.. Kinda like her character. Hope she just falls for someone, and ends up with a relationship. ^^
That's what I'm hoping for...but then I think over how cliche it'd be and how...it probably won't happen. Really the only situation I can see is either her traveling with the group for awkward love triangles or dying for the sake of Keith or perhaps to save Natani. In the Natani scenerio I could see her telling Natani to make Keith happy in her stead and probably how she wishes she was more like her (which would be a ironic twist considering Natani observed Laura's character and thought about how Keith likes her because she's kind)
Natani will die in this chapter. And the way you suggest seems very fitting, Asuka. She wouldn't be of any use for the comic as part of a love triangle, and I doubt that Laura has the abilty to find someone else to love. She is a broken soul. No, make that a shattered soul. Into a thousand tiny bits. Her will and courage were never strong. And neither is it now, and never will be.
Sage Asuka wrote:As for what people said about her going to the human border, giving up, and going back...I've thought this over. She had to have witnessed that bloody massacre with the wolves and Trace. Her reaction around humans seems to be of terror. Perhaps he's the reason why she gave up. I mean, if the first human you ever witness is ripping apart innocents in front of you I'm sure you're not just going to merrily cross over into their lands, especially knowing they hate your kind.
Hehe, it certainly sounds like something old Trace would do. Ruin love. Intentionaly or not. Though ofcourse, if Keith ever finds out about this, he and current Trace are going to have one or two things to work out. I can only imagine Keith's reaction is he found out that Trace was part of the reason that Laura never found him, and gave up for several years. And I like what I'm imagining.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)