"New Comic" Format

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tom
The Artist

"New Comic" Format

#1 Post by Tom »

Hello, Forumites. Just a little announcement. I've noticed that when I post a new comic and you forumers post a new comic thread, the thread's title vary widely depending on who's writing it at what time. So, in the spirit of consistency, I've decided to post a guideline that I would ask be followed for those of you who start a "new comic" thread. This is the format I would like you all to try and follow when posting:

"Comic for [Month] [day], [year]"

For example:

Subject: Comic for September 24th, 2008

This might seem like a trivial matter, but it really helps me when browsing through older comic threads to find what I'm looking for, and I'm sure it will help some of you out in the long run. However, this isn't mandatory, so don't worry a whole lot about it if you don't remember or get it wrong. Thank you for reading this, and happy posting.

Edit: I hope this isn't too hard to remember. I don't want to cause people undue difficulties. If you feel this is unfair, please tell me and I'll take back this announcement.

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#2 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

Well, I'm never first to get a comic thread up, but I'll keep it in mind XP
Heck, now I've simplified it all. Here's my deviant art, you can find all my writings here ^^
http://keldoth.deviantart.com/

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by avwolf »

I don't think it's bad to have a standard. We're international enough that we need one -- I've had a few moments of confusion trying to trick out if the poster was using American or European date formatting.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#4 Post by Sable Dove »

I find this horribly unfair and demeaning. If I want to spell the title in all non-standard characters, that's my prerogative; your oppression of my culture has gone on long-

Yeah, I'm obviously just kidding. ∑:∂≤ I think a standardized format is completely reasonable and convenient. I mean, I'm never first, so it's kinda a moot point for me, but I like the idea.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#5 Post by FastChapter »

Oh God I thought you were serious, Sable, lol.

Well, seeing as I'm never up early enough to catch the new one, I'm fine with pestering anyone who doesn't read this.

Kakurady
New Citizen

#6 Post by Kakurady »

Maybe we could have “Comic for {{Month}}, {{day}} {{year}} - {{topic starter's comment here}}”. Just a thought.
Nekotoba · deviantArt profile
Kakurady Drakenar

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#7 Post by FastChapter »

Or maybe a [Title of Comic] [Comic #] for [Month] [Day], [Year] -- [Poster's Name] [Time of Post]?

I kid, I kid, howsabout we just keep it nice and simple like the first suggestion?

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Ster Zetanee »

well since i have only got the first post once, and it was recent i change the title to match Tom's format

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by RobbieThe1st »

I do like the idea of a standard for the title - I have seen a couple other comics do this, and it is really useful.

Personally, I think a "Comic: YYYYMMDD - Title text" would make more sense, - its a simple standard, and the YYYYMMDD string is easily copied from the URL of the current comic.
It makes it easily searchable, as you can just search for that 'datestamp', and not worry about extra spaces, if a comma was missed, or if someone used Aug. instead of August, or 09 vs 9 for the day.

It may take a little getting used to at first, for some people, however I have seen it in use quite a lot in the webcomic world - Most date-based comics use this format, as it shows up properly on your computer when you sort by name.

-RobbieThe1st

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#10 Post by FastChapter »

It'll make identifying the new thread easier too, what with all the different comics having one hundred different appearances for thread titles. I've made duplicate threads because of the confusion, blorgh.

Rekats Rovert
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Rekats Rovert »

If I ever get to it before anyone else, (which won't happen, trust me) I will do it.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Raphael »

i'll wait until you guys make the thread, the last time i started a thread on here......well, i'd rather not talk about it >_>

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#13 Post by FastChapter »

I'm just aching with curiosity~

Speaking of topic titles, I would kill for a dictionary to be posted here. It grates against me when I see the "Olimipan banned!" thread...

Munch
Citizen

#14 Post by Munch »

I rarely visit these forums anymore, but i do keep up with the comic.
We didn't change as we grew older, we merely became more ourselves.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#15 Post by FastChapter »

Munch wrote:I rarely visit these forums anymore, but i do keep up with the comic.
Well that was... random.