Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

#91 Post by Hulk10 »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:One is that in order to extend a Keidren's lifespan one would need to make them age like humans.
How do you suppose someone would go about doing that?
Um.... Hmmm maybe by making a wish to a genie, or doing some kind of ancient powerful magic? I don't know. I really don't know...... Or perhaps Alchemy like that used in Full Metal Alchemist.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

BlackWind
New Citizen

Theory as to why Flora's pregnancy is delayed?

#92 Post by BlackWind »

Probably this might not be the 1st time people have mentioned this, but there are reasons Flora's pregnancy is delayed so much? I mean how is time flowing there anyways? It feels like months have passed and she's not in labor yet? Very odd to me I'd say

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Theory as to why Flora's pregnancy is delayed?

#93 Post by Warrl »

BlackWind wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm Probably this might not be the 1st time people have mentioned this, but there are reasons Flora's pregnancy is delayed so much? I mean how is time flowing there anyways? It feels like months have passed and she's not in labor yet? Very odd to me I'd say
Months actually have passed... since the beginning of the comic, it probably hasn't been six months yet. Possibly under three months. And it was just shy of one month into it that this pregnancy became possible.

Whereas in real life, for humans, it's pretty close to nine months.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#94 Post by GaySailors »

Well, its somewhat complicated. If they (generally) live until the age of 20 on human time, and assuming the average age until death is 80, than they'd move 4 times faster than human time. One year for a human would be the biologically equivalent of 4 for years for a keidren.

Assuming that, we can downsize it to a smaller measuring stick reference, say months. We could use how often keidren go into heat and compare it to human months than, right?
On page 132, Keith says they go into heat every few years. Considering Bastians and Humans run on the same time / age, this is obviously human time.
If we've figure out that 1 year for them would be to 4 months for keidren, we can do some math. It basically comes up to 12 keidren years.

Again, this is all assuming the age of death is around 80 years (or 20 for keidren).

Basically: Keidren go into heat every 3-4 human years and, biologically I suppose, 320 keidren years. But, its obvious that keidren don't use that as their system, they use human time. Biologically however, these guys could live in their own 1800s at this rate :grin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#95 Post by Warrl »

Actually, on page 132 Keith says they go into heat a few times a year. Not every few years.

I think there was another reference, probably while they were in Wreathwood, that says it's about every 3 months.

GaySailors
Merchant

#96 Post by GaySailors »

Warrl wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 am Actually, on page 132 Keith says they go into heat a few times a year. Not every few years.

I think there was another reference, probably while they were in Wreathwood, that says it's about every 3 months.
Ah, I missed that. In that case, it should probably pop up again sometime soon. I think it's been a significant enough amount of time since Natani had her... experience.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#97 Post by Schrodinger »

GaySailors wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 pm
Warrl wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 am Actually, on page 132 Keith says they go into heat a few times a year. Not every few years.

Ah, I missed that. In that case, it should probably pop up again sometime soon. I think it's been a significant enough amount of time since Natani had her... experience.
Supplementary material on DevianArt set during Natani's estrus on the boat indicates that wolves go into heat twice a year unlike feline Keidran like Flora who experience it several times a year.

Natani won't go into heat again until spring. Now... If he were still in his fertile period...
What was it the spider said to the fly...

GaySailors
Merchant

#98 Post by GaySailors »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:16 am
GaySailors wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Supplementary material on DevianArt set during Natani's estrus on the boat indicates that wolves go into heat twice a year unlike feline Keidran like Flora who experience it several times a year.

Natani won't go into heat again until spring. Now... If he were still in his fertile period...
Well, considering it must be Spring or Summer, I think we can expect again sometime soon. If not, they'll be in heat during Winter. Where eeeevryones huddled up indoors.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#99 Post by MuonNeutrino »

It's actually only mid-september now. It was just the end of august when they were on the basitin isles, and it's been about a couple of weeks since then for them to get back to shore on the ship. Natani had his fall heat on the outbound trip ending a couple days before that linked strip, so he's safe again until spring.

GaySailors
Merchant

#100 Post by GaySailors »

Ah. So if its nearing the end of September now, than Natani likely had her heat during August or late July. Traditionally, thats sort of the end of summer. We know it happens a few times a year (I'd say 3 - 4) too. So perhaps its a seasonal thing? Maybe she had her heat at the end of the Summer season, and will have one during the end of the Fall season? That or the middle of Fall I suppose. I don't think we'll have to wait until Spring is all.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#101 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Natani's 'fall' heat would have taken place starting roughly a week before the linked strip, so mid-late august, which I agree is more 'late summer' than fall, but close enough. I guess one could call it the 'start of fall' heat.

However, heat for canine keidran doesn't happen 3-4 times per year, that's felines. For canines it's twice per year - once in fall, and once in spring (somewhat NSFW link, if naked keidran are NSFW). So unless something very strange is going on, Natani won't be going through that again for several more months. (Perhaps until around the start of march, if it's a 6 month-ish offset.)

BlackWind
New Citizen

#102 Post by BlackWind »

Warrl wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:46 am
BlackWind wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm Probably this might not be the 1st time people have mentioned this, but there are reasons Flora's pregnancy is delayed so much? I mean how is time flowing there anyways? It feels like months have passed and she's not in labor yet? Very odd to me I'd say
Months actually have passed... since the beginning of the comic, it probably hasn't been six months yet. Possibly under three months. And it was just shy of one month into it that this pregnancy became possible.

Whereas in real life, for humans, it's pretty close to nine months.
If that is the general answer to this then there is nothing more to be said until it happens

Qwe304
Citizen

#103 Post by Qwe304 »

i spent about an hour re reading and this is what I've come up with as to the passage of time in the comic:

form the beginning of the comic:
comic 87- has been 4 days, keith says a week
122- 5 days have passed+2w added by naration
144- says 4 days since the beginning of heat but 1 day has passed
one more day then encounter (first probable point of conception) (23 days passed so far)
by my previous calculations 58-64 days passed from that point to current. however, at comic 736 trace says ~6 months have passed since day 0
3days, then nat goes into coma
week passes-> current

164 days have passed since first probable point of conception.
gestation period for tiger is 92-112 days
human is 270
average of those is 181-191
so my estimated time until birth is 17-27 days

however, i doubt tom has dome all of this theorizing himself, so i doubt the end result will match my predictions, tom will likely let it happen whenever he wants it to.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#104 Post by Cyon »

Woah that's a pretty thorough timeline! I'm estimating that the whole invasion ordeal won't be finished for at least 20 pages, probably more, so it'll be a while before we see any signs of Flora giving birth (in terms of irl time anyhow)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Qwe304
Citizen

#105 Post by Qwe304 »

has there been a thread about how trace originally knew flora's name?
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous