Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

kryss
Master

Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

#1 Post by kryss »

A good many newbs get ridiculed when they post their brand new theory that's already been talked about a hundred times. So here's a few good rules for keeping people from making fun of you.

1. If it's about a specific comic, make sure that comic doesn't already have a thread. And read the thread. A thread is marked with the same date as the comic.

2. If it's about a topic that has clues in several comics, first check the thread for one of those comics. We're an observant bunch, it's fairly certain one of us probably noticed it already.

3. Check the subjects below. The subjects below have been discussed a whole lot already, and don't need new discussion unless new evidence comes up.

This is not a 'discussion' thread, this is just to list subjects that come up a lot so that newbs don't get made fun of. Of course, this also means that if any newbs end up posting their brand new theory despite this thread, we get to make fun of them all the more. If you want someone to add something to one of their posts, then private message them. Let's keep this list brief.
In the name of meaningless forum discussion!

2fangs: The Magi Bros Fanfic (part 5 on 3/26/2009)

kryss
Master

Subject 1: Is Flora Pregnant?

#2 Post by kryss »

Subject 1: Is Flora Pregnant?

Tom's official word is 'maybe'. He refuses to give a spoiler. However, the clues are as such:

03/05/2004: Keidran/Human hybrids are impossible.

07/15/2005: One of the masks is allowing a race that has not existed for many, many years - implied that it's a Keidran/Human hybrid, specifically Trace and Flora's.

10/04/2006: Flora's been getting sick lately.

12/01/2006: But she gets better from feeling queasy rather quickly.

02/02/2007: She's been gaining weight at an unusual pace, and feeling especially hungry lately.

03/12/2007: And is getting food cravings.

06/15/2007: She's also getting tired easily, and earlier.

-- UPDATE March 10, 2010 --
04/10/2010: Flora's status has been confirmed as pregnant by a Basitin doctor.

Warune

#3 Post by Warune »

oo i approve of this one. this would be a good sticky

Ashpool
Templar Master

#4 Post by Ashpool »

I say this one should be stickied. It's good advice.
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

Asakura

#5 Post by Asakura »

Sounds good. But make sure all evidence posted has a neutral opinion. Can't have flame wars sparking up now, can we?
“Lord grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.” - Saint Francis of Assisi

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Verilidaine »

Subject 2: The Reappearing Shopkeeper (aka the Master Spy)

(I've realized that the way I linked all of the comics no longer works with this archive, so I'll go through and fix those in the near future. :) )

Throughout the comic there is a reappearing someone who seems to follow Trace and Flora along their journey and sometimes interferes with them. This is supposed because of his very distinct appearance. We don't know for sure what he is, or even if it's only one person, or what he's trying to do. I'm putting up comics that deal with him and the effects he has on Trace and Flora.

01/02/2004: His first appearance as a shopkeeper. Later his hair style changes a bit, but his eyes stay the same color.

01/05/2004: Here he gives Trace the necklace that stays with Flora and seems to bond Trace and Flora together. Later she gives him a flower with similar properties. We assume he bound the shopkeeper up and really wants Trace to give Flora the necklace.

01/19/2004: Flora is shocked by the necklace when Trace tries to give it to her; she recognizes what it's used for, which she thinks in later comics. When he does, it causes some kind of reaction. In the next comic, via Flora, we learn what the necklace is and what it does. If we can trust her, Trace and Flora are bound, so we know that the mysterious man wanted them to be bound and took steps to make it so.

02/16/2004: In this comic the necklace reacts to Flora's emotions in some way. Betrayal, perhaps, or maybe she feels torn, or maybe it's reacting to hatred towards Trace. It continues to change, turning red as Flora plans on killing Trace, again presumably reacting to her emotions or actions.

03/10/2004: Okay, this one is up to some debate, but in the background of the the third panel you can see a wanted poster for someone who could resemble the man who gave Trace the necklace. If you read it, he's wanted for "[posing] as a shopkeeper." This happened before the first time we met him, of course, so it seems he's been doing this for a while.

04/21/2004: The second appearance of our mysterious man. Note the cross necklace, the eye and hair color. His thoughts in the last panel suggest that he's not naive to the entire situation, though he plays that part when speaking.

04/28/2004: Here the man brings "refreshments" to Trace and Flora (also note, his bandaged hand changes sides in this comic...I'm not sure if that's significant or a mistake). The milk for Flora has obvious consequences in the next comic. The man seems to be trying to push them together, because we see what the ale for Trace does when Keith has some. The next morning, Flora apparently remembers nothing about the milk.

10/22/2004: Just a filler, but you see him there in the background watching the goings-on.

10/29/2004: This may or may not be our man. He has the same color coat and hair, but the hat is different from his normal design and the hand we can see has normally been bandaged, though it's switched sides before (04/28/2004). Suspicious conversation in the woods with Euchre, who needs his own theory post.

12/10/2004: And here's a similar looking guy, color-wise, though without the necklace. Here he's some kind of dockmaster or captain. He causes them to remain in the city for at least another day, whether purposeful or not, which is when all the business with Ephemural goes down.

01/28/2004: He appears here on the chapter cover, opposite of Euchre, and presumably a key player.

03/23/2005: Here we learn that whatever he is, he's powerful enough to interfere. With what? Not sure exactly, though probably something like the natural order of things. This is the first time we see the hair-over-one-eye design that he appears by in later comics. He talks with Euchre and persuades him to interfere some more, which ends up helping to save Trace and Flora. He then informs Ephemural of what he's done with the necklace ("one of his own design"), so we know for sure he's the same person, and he's a huge part of the reason Trace and Flora escape all this. He's in the background, then, of two more comics.

05/08/2006: We get a name here (and two bandaged hands) though there's no way to be sure it's really his. And of course, he shows up right as Trace and Flora do in place of someone who has suddenly and mysteriously "fallen....ill." We learn via Natani that this festival he's instigating hasn't taken place in four years, so we can presume that he has plans with it.

03/07/2007: This is a very significant comic for this character and it is also under debate as to whether it's the same character or not. The eye color and hair style are the same as previous comics and once again, he shows up as an innkeeper right when Trace and Flora arrive. The same hand is bandaged, though the earring seems to be new. If it is the same character, we know that he has the ability to change appearances. (Side note: There has been discussion about whether or not he purposefully puts Keith and Natani in the same room, based off of this comic, which would broaden his interests from just Trace and Flora to Keith and Natani as well...both of which are inter-species relationships.)

03/23/2007: He's in the first panel of this comic with a meeting of a lot of very significant characters. Euchre shows up here in human form, so the idea of our "innkeeper" being able to shapeshift becomes more plausible.

Page 404: In this comic, our man appears in a flashback as told by Lady Nora. Here he is a young human. Both hands are bandaged this time and the hairstyle is the same, though the necklace is missing. He seems to be a sort of "professor" of Templars and it is possible he's had an influence on Trace since he was very young. There could be theories as to whether or not he met Trace here by chance or placed himself there in order to play a role in his life (which would suggest a precognitive ability).

Page 407:Here the character appears as Trace's chariot driver, with two bandaged hands and the same hairstyle.

Page 409:In this comic, we learn the true identity of the "shopkeeper." He is shown here labeled as the Master Spy of Trace's inner circle, with at least one bandaged hand, his right (the other is behind his back), his hair over his right eye, and blue eyes. He is shown as part of the group that helped Trace turn the Templar into a more militant organization than it had been in the past. Presumably, he helped Trace overthrow the previous Templar.

Page 464: This is up to debate, but Katherine appears saying that some "weird guy" just gave her a master key to all the rooms in the hotel, which would incriminate Keith and Natani and give up Natani's secret of being female. It could be supposed that the weird guy was the Master Spy, who was posing as the innkeeper earlier, and could have forced Keith and Natani into the same room in the first place.

Page 492: In this comic, we see a partial profile of a character who is implied to be the Master Spy. He has the same several-hair goatee that he did in the comic on 03/07/2007, the Arms General immediately realizes that he is not Basitin (though he appears to be), and the right hand is bandaged in the same style. He is able to quickly slaughter the Arms General using magic (implying Templar), and wants Flora and Natani free to be saving Trace. He is shown in this comic as being very deadly and unconcerned with violent killing, even of an unprepared and relatively innocent victim. The aftermath of this slaying is shown here.

Yeah, it's really long and in-depth, but I was really, really bored. ^_^ Someone should take up a Euchre thread, I saw a lot of stuff with him after reading the comic straight through.

Lowde

#7 Post by Lowde »

Really interesting reading, both threads (flora's pregnancy and the "innkeeper"). Things like this are, in fact, the main reason I joined the forums. :P

I agree somebody should make a thread about euchre and maybe mask beings would be nice too (even tho those wouldn't be so long :wink: ) I would gladly do it my self... if I wasn't so lazy :lol:

erikjust

#8 Post by erikjust »

Subject 3: Is Trace slowly regaining his memories?

Okay I am a bit lazy (plus I don’t know how to that linky thing) but here goes.

The first hint that Trace might be regaining he memories (and perhaps reversing to his old self) was when he summoned the black dragon.
Though it some might argue that it was pure instinct, one could assume that it was one of the first memories to surface the awareness of his magic abilities.

Later as they arrived on the island where they are currently living Trace said that he felt like he had been here before (which he indeed had).

Lastly there is one of the more resent pages where Trace notice that he thinks Flora is behaving more like an animal in his eyes.

This is another significant clue since we know that the old Trace hated Flora and all of her kind, so the animal part is properly what he thought of them before.

So it’s only a theory, but it defiantly looks like trace is starting to regain much of his lost memory, and if he regains it all things could start to look bad for Flora and co.

Kiraeden
Traveler

#9 Post by Kiraeden »

Well, maybe he is, but I think he is gaining control over what he remembers from his past.
example (not the best one but the first I thought of)
Trace: "Flora! Don't eat the Dragonfly! That's Disgusting"... "Ahh, jeez, that girl's acting more and more like an animal every day... Or perhaps I'm just starting to notice more. Maybe I'm thinking more like a human..."

but, yeah, he is consciously thinking of his actions, also his first instinct with his powers, and in fact the trigger of his full strength and abilities, is protecting Flora.

but anyway that's my thoughts on this...
Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people; it's about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people.

kryss
Master

#10 Post by kryss »

I'd like to remind folks:
Kryss wrote:This is not a 'discussion' thread, this is just to list subjects that come up a lot so that newbs don't get made fun of.
If we clutter this up with discussion, people won't be able to find the subjects very easily.

Kiraeden
Traveler

#11 Post by Kiraeden »

so create a new post to discuss then huh? ok...
Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people; it's about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people.

kryss
Master

#12 Post by kryss »

Kiraeden wrote:so create a new post to discuss then huh? ok...
No, no, heavens no. The point is to list out the things that have already *been* discussed. If you want to discuss it, then go read the threads where they've already talked it to death.

Kiraeden
Traveler

#13 Post by Kiraeden »

huh oh heh yeah I suppose that would work too, I thought this was for undiscussed things lol

Wynni
Forum Momma

Two Traces?

#14 Post by Wynni »

Where's the thread for the double Trace? The one sitting at the table where the human form of Eucre joined them?
Image Wielder of the Wooden Spoon. Boogeymen and Slendermen everywhere beware.
ImageImage

kryss
Master

#15 Post by kryss »

It's marked with the same date as the comic.