Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

#106 Post by NiWo21k »

Something i was wondering (or maybe i overlooked it):
What was with the portal in Adiras Tavern? We know after she left it began to aktivate - was this because it was used by the wolves to attack the town (maybe just reacting to the teleportations spells they had) or was this something totally unrelated?
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Warrl
Grand Templar

#107 Post by Warrl »

NiWo21k wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 am Something i was wondering (or maybe i overlooked it):
What was with the portal in Adira's Tavern? We know after she left it began to activate - was this because it was used by the wolves to attack the town (maybe just reacting to the teleportation spells they had) or was this something totally unrelated?
That is not yet answered. For that matter we don't know if the tavern is still standing.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#108 Post by NiWo21k »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:39 pm That is not yet answered. For that matter we don't know if the tavern is still standing.
Ok, then i was right that there was still something not answered. It was just so in focus on this one page, that i just thought i missed something. Thanks.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#109 Post by Cyon »

The last page mentionning the Tavern (for reference)

It was mentioned in this page that the sister tavern the Riftwall was linked to was specifically for Keidran, so I'd say the general consensus is that is was used by the wolves.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

BlackWind
New Citizen

Re: Theory as to why Flora's pregnancy is delayed?

#110 Post by BlackWind »

Qwe304 wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 pm
BlackWind wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm Probably this might not be the 1st time people have mentioned this, but there are reasons Flora's pregnancy is delayed so much? I mean how is time flowing there anyways? It feels like months have passed and she's not in labor yet? Very odd to me I'd say
i spent about an hour re reading and this is what I've come up with as to the passage of time in the comic:

form the beginning of the comic:
comic 87- has been 4 days, keith says a week
122- 5 days have passed+2w added by naration
144- says 4 days since the beginning of heat but 1 day has passed
one more day then encounter (first probable point of conception) (23 days passed so far)
by my previous calculations 58-64 days passed from that point to current. however, at comic 736 trace says ~6 months have passed since day 0
3days, then nat goes into coma
week passes-> current

164 days have passed since first probable point of conception.
gestation period for tiger is 92-112 days
human is 270
average of those is 181-191
so my estimated time until birth is 17-27 days

however, i doubt tom has dome all of this theorizing himself, so i doubt the end result will match my predictions, tom will likely let it happen whenever he wants it to.
Well i am glad that atleast some people are keeping track of this because the birth of tbeir child will be a momentous occasion especially in the Keidran/human relations

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

The Mekkan Genus

#111 Post by Neptune »

Crack Theory I've been thinking about: The Three Mekkanese Species are Closely Related

Evidence that Supports This:
  • Neutral, after talking to the other mask, says something about making "a forbidden race that hasn't existed for ages." This could mean hybrids, or that Keidran and humans had a common ancestor that was forcefully split into several races.
  • Neutral simply flipped a biological switch in Flora to make her conceive, which means they have had the ability to reproduce, which means they're closely related, if the trait was suppressed and not simply created.
  • The three species evolved or were created on the same side of a planet. Humans are known to spread out very quickly within a timeframe similar to that between the comic and the creation of Mekkan.
Evidence that Goes Against This:
  • Tom has stated in the forum's earliest days that the species were made separately. However, that point in the comic's history may be B-Canon or not.
  • Keidran can all breed, but their children are infertile when it's between Canine and Feline subspecies groups, which means that the Mekkanese MRCA would exist far before Mekkan was reportedly created.
  • It's unknown if Basitins can interbreed with other species, since it probably hasn't happened, ever.
So yeah, there's some evidence for and against this idea I have.

But if this theory is true, then I have more precise details about it, namely that Keidran and Humans are the most distantly related, with Basitins in between.

Evidence that Basitins are Closely Related to Humans:
  • Basitin culture seems German-influenced, which is closely related to England, which is what human culture seems approximant to. However, this is based on speculation, so it's not trustworthy.
  • Basitins live to about 80 or so, similar to humans.
  • They have features that seem similar to a diminishing of animalistic characteristics with human characteristics. In my opinion, they actually look a lot like lemurs and monkeys.
Evidence that Basitins are Closely Related to Keidran:
  • Basitins are digitigrade, as opposed to plantigrade humans.
  • You can also argue that Basitins would be "Cabbit" Keidran since the species look so similar and resemble animals of the family Carnivora.

So, that's just my theory. I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll leave this here and post it somewhere else if this isn't the right spot.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Flexderec
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#112 Post by Flexderec »

I say this one should be stickied. It's a good advice.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#113 Post by Hayate »

Flexderec wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:41 am I say this one should be stickied. It's a good advice.
Please avoid bumping very old threads without meaningful new content. If you have a theory of your own to contribute, please do so. Also, try quoting the post you are referring to in the future.

-Hayate
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

notonpatreon
Fav. Twokinds Character: nora

#114 Post by notonpatreon »

ok i had a horrible thought... what if the conclusion is that trace dies? i feel as though traces redemption is a downward spiral and it would be classic storytelling if he left flora alone, and what if he has to sacrifice himself for something? if that happens imma just stick to chapter 19

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#115 Post by Hulk10 »

notonpatreon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:39 am ok i had a horrible thought... what if the conclusion is that trace dies? i feel as though traces redemption is a downward spiral and it would be classic storytelling if he left flora alone, and what if he has to sacrifice himself for something? if that happens imma just stick to chapter 19
That would be very unfortunate. But some people already think that it is going to happen.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

CouldntThinkOfAName
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#116 Post by CouldntThinkOfAName »

Has somebody made a theory on if Trace has like 1/16 Keidran blood (maybe even less) in him and that's how he was able to mate with Flora. Another thing to mention is that the origins of his family don't seem to be covered much.

I also think that once the main story is done spinoffs where other characters or even completely new stories in the same world would work out pretty well.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#117 Post by Bellhead »

CouldntThinkOfAName wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:22 pm Has somebody made a theory on if Trace has like 1/16 Keidran blood (maybe even less) in him and that's how he was able to mate with Flora. Another thing to mention is that the origins of his family don't seem to be covered much.

I also think that once the main story is done spinoffs where other characters or even completely new stories in the same world would work out pretty well.
Trace and Flora were able to have a child because Ehpemural allowed it. Also, crossbreeding is known to be impossible. If Trace was some sort of hybrid, it would be known that it's possible for hybrids to exist. Also also, in that first link, the Pro-Human mask referred to Trace as "my warrior". As a force hell-bent on eliminating all other races, they never would have chosen him if he had any keidran blood.

Regarding Trace's origins, Trace was born into a poor family of farmers. It's not uncommon for immense talent to go unnoticed because of background, but that was not the case with him.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.