Re: Comic for July 24, 2021: Brothers and Twins

#16 Post by Shockwave07 »

I think Keith may be getting sick...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#17 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So the good old/regroup calm before the storm plot point before something else hits the fan. Likely a shift back into our favorite necromancer and is out of control DIY alexa.
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm
Tornir wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:38 pm I don't think he has. Clovis hasn't yet dealt with them in person within the comic's timeline, just via the link or through minions.
Logically speaking, I don't think that's true. They were probably the most famous assassins in that guild, and he was the leader of it. Not to mention, he's the one that made that link, so it's highly unlikely that they've never met in person.

I was referring to their time in the mansion. The only people who know Clovis is here are Romulus (killed by Zen), Remus (killed by Nibbly), Brutus (probably killed by Clovis), the minion Clovis incinerated, Reni (currently fighting Clovis alone), and Sythe (who hasn't been seen since the fight). it's unlikely that anyone could communicate that he's here.
Have we ever got more info on exactly how the assasin guild work or Clovis involvement in it? For what little i understand Clovis guild is just another crime syndicate in the wolven territories and Nat-Zen worked for ther real (?) guild before ending indebted to him.
Tyger42 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:22 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:29 pm
Tyger42 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:32 pm Good to see Thomas is okay. I expect long pauses between strips these days ( Annoying, but I'm not mad. Life comes first and I'm never gonna fault a cartoonist who can't keep a fast paced schedule because I'm impatient. XD ). However, the SotD not being updated in a week (more?) was unusual and had me a little concerned.

Love the bottom left panel, though. ^_^
Lately the strips have only been coming out every other week instead of every week, this is new normal. If we didn't see something this week, then I'd really be concerned.
Yeah, like I said, I've come to expect 1-2 weeks between strips. It was the delay in SotD's that had me starting to get a little worried.
If i am not mistaken he is taking a month off sketches/comic to go on a well deserved vacation. Seems we can expect normal schedule thought as he has developed a sufficient backlog.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MatyMaty
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#18 Post by MatyMaty »

What would be the chances Nibbly is another of Trace's failed experiments? :squirrel: She's taking Sythe to the third floor, so I assume she somehow knows the manor layout?

steelabjur
Council Member

#19 Post by steelabjur »

Finally:

He's passed on! This wolf is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests (not) in peace!

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#20 Post by stlsf4003 »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:38 am Finally:

He's passed on! This wolf is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests (not) in peace!
His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket! He's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain, and joined bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-WOLF!!
the lurking furry railroader

multilis
Citizen

#21 Post by multilis »

Rose died and yet is still with us, so not *certain* the wolf is no more even if dead.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#22 Post by stlsf4003 »

multilis wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:16 am Rose died and yet is still with us, so not *certain* the wolf is no more even if dead.
The only reason she's still around is due to her current state being a byproduct of Darth Trace's necromantic experiments to bring his dead wife and unborn child back to life.

Wolf boy here was just extra muscle that Clovis brought along as back up. And he, like his brother are dead now and of no further use.

That is unless Detritus can unleash a necromantic shockwave throughout the estate that resurrect's all that have fallen in this chapter as his zombified minions........
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#23 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MatyMaty wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:29 pm What would be the chances Nibbly is another of Trace's failed experiments? :squirrel: She's taking Sythe to the third floor, so I assume she somehow knows the manor layout?
I think someone had a similar idea before. It can be but I am not convinced, Nibs was found a really long way from the State so unless Trace kept a portable necromancy lab when traveling, you know to have something to do when bored, it think geography does not add up. that being said what little we have seen of her true form does give some eldritch abomination/necromancy vibes.
stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:23 am
multilis wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:16 am Rose died and yet is still with us, so not *certain* the wolf is no more even if dead.
The only reason she's still around is due to her current state being a byproduct of Darth Trace's necromantic experiments to bring his dead wife and unborn child back to life.

Wolf boy here was just extra muscle that Clovis brought along as back up. And he, like his brother are dead now and of no further use.

That is unless Detritus can unleash a necromantic shockwave throughout the estate that resurrect's all that have fallen in this chapter as his zombified minions........
I think strictly speaking Rose is not dead, Trace did not let her die both as she was the only living thing that reminded him of her wife, and as an experiment. And to be honest i suspect for what little we understand of the magic systems in Mekkan any sort of resurrection is not possible. But lets not argue semantics. I look forward to get more light on Roses's situation, we theorized before she may be more willing participant of this than we we believe, or simply Trace/detritus deluded themselves into thinking she had a choice. Even if she refuses he was not the type of guy to ask nicely.

Regarding necromancy wave, I do expect something like that: Detritus is defeated by the power or friendship or something, but Trace regresses into his old self and tries to finish the ritual, for defense and to keep the party off him he reanimates the wolves as zombies, after some shenaningans his plans is foiled by the power of love or something, I do hope we get to see Raine blasting Traces at some point. Bonus theory, Zombie Brutus actually defends Clovis from zombie twins as he either resists the process or he was not truly death to begin with, in turn in the aftermath of the battle of the manor clovis sacrifices himself to prevent Brutus death (again).
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#24 Post by Spiffydragon »

Will miss the wolf twins, still favorites. /long awoo.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by aitaituo »

Tyger42 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:32 pm Good to see Thomas is okay. I expect long pauses between strips these days ( Annoying, but I'm not mad. Life comes first and I'm never gonna fault a cartoonist who can't keep a fast paced schedule because I'm impatient. XD ). However, the SotD not being updated in a week (more?) was unusual and had me a little concerned.

Love the bottom left panel, though. ^_^
This kind of page is important to tie the experiences of the characters in-world, but it is a little disappointing to wait two weeks for a page that is essentially housekeeping and doesn't advance the plot at all.

multilis
Citizen

#26 Post by multilis »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:23 am
There is dark magic. An attack was made on Trace's estate and thus "Trace". Wolf boy knows about attackers of Trace.

It is possible that dark Trace as not that dark as only obsessed with saving one person, and things can get a whole lot darker when instead the goal is to completely eliminate the enemies attacking "Trace", one option is Wolf boy could end up as a head in a jar who's main value is ability to tell what he knows. Not saying that will happen but that it is not *certain* he is dead. Rose and also even Trace could also be pushed to extract info from "dead" attackers if "Trace" or "his friends" were seen to be in danger.

And of course Wolf boy is potential muscle for a dark magic based army, there may be other options than zombies in that. It is possible that the Templer and their leadership may be seen as threat to Trace as allies/backers of Clovis and helping attack estate by a dark legacy of Dark Trace type side. We've already had a dark dragon summoned by Trace that Nora had to put down, and Clovis is carrying a "made by the Templer" treasure. Regular trace could have done much worse if he didn't care about having more than his hand turn dark, we may get to see what is possible if an entity does not stop at hand and rest of body going dark and keeps drawing on dark magic to its limit. Since power is taken from earth to fuel darkness, I would expect the price becomes the land itself becomes an expanding dead zone to fuel creating an army much worse than a black dragon.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#27 Post by Tornir »

It appears Rose never actually died. Her body's in some sort of stasis/life support system, and the person everyone's been interacting with is the magical equivalent of the Star Trek EMH program. I'm guessing Detritus currently has her locked out of all systems beyond communications within the private third floor wing.
Eclipse wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:50 pm Not true. If Brutus knows that Clovis is in league with Brahn, that would be extremely valuable information that would expose the Templar's involvement in the attack on Edenmire.
I don't think he would know that. Brutus prides himself on not asking questions, and Clovis runs the organization on a need-to-know basis; disappearing for meetings with the Templar, then returning and issuing logistical orders based on their latest agreed plans. Involved henchkeidran will know what was being done by the guild, but not why, or for whom.

I also don't think Detritus would need to use dark magic to create "zombie" wolves. Raising the dead appears to require it, animating them would just produce squishier versions of Stoney (but without Nora's advanced AI); Trace (and presumably Detritus) knows how to do that.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#28 Post by Bellhead »

Shockwave07 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:49 pm I think Keith may be getting sick...
What makes you say that?
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:14 pm Have we ever got more info on exactly how the assasin guild work or Clovis involvement in it? For what little i understand Clovis guild is just another crime syndicate in the wolven territories and Nat-Zen worked for ther real (?) guild before ending indebted to him.
I think that Zen, and later Natani, joined "The Guild" (i.e. Clovis' guild, simply out of need for food, and simply ended up indebted due to the events of their first mission.

I don't think there was a fake guild, but rather, that's the official title of Clovis' syndicate. Could be wrong, though.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

steelabjur
Council Member

#29 Post by steelabjur »

Tornir wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:41 am
It appears Rose never actually died. Her body's in some sort of stasis/life support system, and the person everyone's been interacting with is the magical equivalent of the Star Trek EMH program. I'm guessing Detritus currently has her locked out of all systems beyond communications within the private third floor wing.
Eclipse wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:50 pm Not true. If Brutus knows that Clovis is in league with Brahn, that would be extremely valuable information that would expose the Templar's involvement in the attack on Edenmire.
I don't think he would know that. Brutus prides himself on not asking questions, and Clovis runs the organization on a need-to-know basis; disappearing for meetings with the Templar, then returning and issuing logistical orders based on their latest agreed plans. Involved henchkeidran will know what was being done by the guild, but not why, or for whom.
Yes, but remember Brutus' place in Clovis' organization as personal bodyguard. I doubt Clovis would trust the Templar enough to meet privately with one unless there was no other choice, such as when he went to Brahn for payment when he still thought Brutus was "dead", and then he expected Brahn to betray him. Brutus may not ask questions, but in his role as Clovis' personal bodyguard, he may have heard something (like Brahn's name) and retained it.

Dreamfox
Citizen

#30 Post by Dreamfox »

MatyMaty wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:29 pm What would be the chances Nibbly is another of Trace's failed experiments? :squirrel: She's taking Sythe to the third floor, so I assume she somehow knows the manor layout?
My personal pet theory is that she is a remnant of the shadow dragon that Trace conjured up way back on page 223.
Though there were some other interesting theories. We will see. Some day.