Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Comic for June 14, 2021: Kathrin in Trouble pt5

#1 Post by fun2doimpossible »

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for June 14, 2021: Kathrin in Trouble pt5

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I think this is the first time a newbie has posted the new comic. Nicely done, and congratulations! Welcome to the forums!

This... doesn't look good. Kathrin is not even in control of herself anymore, no matter how she tries to fight it.

Zen, on the other hand, seems rather adept at stealth, or at least blind spots. Speaking from experience, if somebody's focused on something, particularly something that requires or demands undivided attention, simply walking quietly is generally enough to avoid detection. And that's when the subject in question isn't in loads of pain from a knife to the arm.

Now, since he's behind Romulus here, we can assume he's thoroughly aware of the situation. We don't know when he got in, since he avoided detection until the attack in true assassination fashion, but we can assume he came when he heard Kat yelling, which means he's likely aware of exactly what Rom plans to do with them both. I'd almost wager he had a weapon of some kind to begin with, else he picked one up along the way.. But I'd guess he just grabbed Kat's knife where it fell.

Also, "Noted." is probably one of the best timed lines in the whole comic. That was very nicely done. :zen:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MatyMaty
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#3 Post by MatyMaty »

Judging by Rom's eyes on that second to last panel, I assume Zen already hit a vital spot. Now it it all depends on him grabbing Kat before she reaches the outside and by the sound of it is teleported out.

Rafe
Council Member

#4 Post by Rafe »

My guess is that with those eyes and that "ugh!", Zen just put a knife into some much more vital spot in Romulus.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#5 Post by Elemental Templar »

Even with a leg on the verge of amputation, Zen still manages to be a competent assassin. Although, now I'm starting to get worried as the this page means that

1. Kat is now stuck obeying commands from Clovis (meaning she's in extreme danger)
2. He still has Goons waiting for him outside the manor
3. The manor likely has other defenses that Detritus can throw at people indiscriminately

And even with Zen managing to get in an effective sneak attack, he's in no position to fight.

Also I just realized the irony in the fact that the wolf named Romulus got assassinated after the death of his brother Remus, when in the original Roman myth it's the other way around … minus the fratricide.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

Omg the hero arrives!
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Warrl
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Warrl »

Well, Romulus, you found the one you were looking for...

I'm guessing that the bracelet isn't THAT specific, and Zen will be able to order Kat to stay inside the mansion (and have it work). Of course, it doesn't hurt anything that Romulus gave her reason to WANT to stay inside the mansion, so it may be a matter of her fighting to choose which of two incompatible orders to obey (rather than merely fighting to disobey an order).

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#8 Post by Spiffydragon »

Fluff butt Romulus better not die...
Oh how quick is Zen to kill someone else when he was in a similar position not too long ago and yet was spared.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Given his condition i wonder if Zen will be able to fully finish Remus off. Also may be a good idea to make him order Kat to stay put instead of leaving before sending him to meet his maker.

Also the wolf twins really did not lived long...

On the other hand I wonder how are those shackles supposed to work. They are clearly more sophisticated than whatever Eric's uses as they do not seem to fully supres the user personality and accept multiple users and roles, they also seem to posses a rather robust permission framework given that Romus can order Kat around but cannot remove it.

I am guessing Raine will need to blow this shackle too
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#10 Post by Shockwave07 »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:49 am Well, Romulus, you found the one you were looking for...

I'm guessing that the bracelet isn't THAT specific, and Zen will be able to order Kat to stay inside the mansion (and have it work). Of course, it doesn't hurt anything that Romulus gave her reason to WANT to stay inside the mansion, so it may be a matter of her fighting to choose which of two incompatible orders to obey (rather than merely fighting to disobey an order).
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a case of authorized users only,(Clovis and his Circle), or certain users forbidden (Natani and Zen). Unfortunate as that maybe for Kat it would be short sighted to leave that loophold open for the twins. That said don't want to see Kat harmed in this.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by TheMouse »

Things are rapidly falling apart for team Clovis.

Zen is a professional killer. His target was unaware of his presence, monologing like an overconfident villain. Romulus is dead. It might take a few panels, but he's dead.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#12 Post by stlsf4003 »

One fell to his death and the other got stabbed in that back. Not the kind of death's you'd want on your resume when standing at the gates of hell!

And now there's only one. Clovis ain't making outta this one alive! :twisted:
the lurking furry railroader

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Cinnibar »

Bye Kat :(

I suspect you're the motivation for the group to invade Clovis's place.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#14 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Rafe wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 am My guess is that with those eyes and that "ugh!", Zen just put a knife into some much more vital spot in Romulus.
yeah, Romulus' heart from behind. Romulus is dead.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#15 Post by stlsf4003 »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:45 am
Rafe wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 am My guess is that with those eyes and that "ugh!", Zen just put a knife into some much more vital spot in Romulus.
yeah, Romulus' heart from behind. Romulus is dead.
That would be too quick. I'd say he stuck him in one of the lungs
the lurking furry railroader