Comic for May 29, 2021: Kathrin in Trouble pt4

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Comic for May 29, 2021: Kathrin in Trouble pt4

#1 Post by steelabjur »

Sketch version

A control cuff (like the control collars we've seen used)!

That last line. :(

Hope someone rescues her from Rom soon, I do not want to see her fall into Clovis' hands!

Twilight
Traveler

Re: Comic for May 29, 2021: Kathrin in Trouble pt4

#2 Post by Twilight »

These guys must not have arteries. A stab wound like that would put a person on an ambulance for immediate medical care at a hospital. It's not something you can just walk off.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3 Post by Hayate »

Well that creepy bracelet can’t be good...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Of all the things we theorized Rom would do. Turn around and simply grab her was not one of them. The best solution is usually the simplest Occam Razor and all that stuff. On the other hand I am not worried about Clovus getting Kat simply because I do not expect him to survive that long.
Twilight wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:29 pm These guys must not have arteries. A stab wound like that would put a person on an ambulance for immediate medical care at a hospital. It's not something you can just walk off.
Yeah almost any cut that deep is gonna require some medical attention. Then again some people get shot and walk away because they lucked it out and bullet did not hit anything major
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

Kat hasn't been under any kind of control magic (according to Eric, anyway) since she was very young. You'd think she'd remember what it felt like, but she might have supressed those memories.

The one thing that pops up in my mind when I see this, is that there are two characters who seem to have a lot of expertise, and power over such things - Rose and Raine.

I assume they'll be involved sooner or later. I'll bet neither Rom nor Clovis has ever seen anyone that can make one of them explode the way Raine can.

MatyMaty
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#6 Post by MatyMaty »

Rose is powerless as long as Detritus is around, and Raine is likely heading to where the main fight is taking place. Nobody knows Romulus is there other than Sythe, and he is heading torwards the secret corridor too. So things seem pretty dire for Kat.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Rafe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:37 pm Kat hasn't been under any kind of control magic (according to Eric, anyway) since she was very young. You'd think she'd remember what it felt like, but she might have supressed those memories.

The one thing that pops up in my mind when I see this, is that there are two characters who seem to have a lot of expertise, and power over such things - Rose and Raine.

I assume they'll be involved sooner or later. I'll bet neither Rom nor Clovis has ever seen anyone that can make one of them explode the way Raine can.
I think, from what little we have actually seen in comic. That there are different types of slave bangles and collars. Whatever Eric uses seems to completely override theuser personality and makes them tame and docile. Whatever Trace and Clovis used seems to be more subtle.

I do expect the end of this chapter end in Raine and Dark Trace fighting blowing the whole manor in the process. Or something to that effect
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#8 Post by steelabjur »

Hayate wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 pm Well that creepy bracelet can’t be good...
Appears to be like the control collars humans use on their Keidran slaves.

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:47 pm
Rafe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:37 pm Kat hasn't been under any kind of control magic (according to Eric, anyway) since she was very young. You'd think she'd remember what it felt like, but she might have suppressed those memories.

I think, from what little we have actually seen in comic. That there are different types of slave bangles and collars. Whatever Eric uses seems to completely override the user personality and makes them tame and docile. Whatever Trace and Clovis used seems to be more subtle.

I do expect the end of this chapter end in Raine and Dark Trace fighting blowing the whole manor in the process. Or something to that effect
Might have some variation due to who enchanted it, the better the enchanter (like Dark Trace), more subtle the effect. Eric probably bought his.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#9 Post by tony1695 »

While this is definitely a horrible thing to happen to poor Kat, this does almost certainly place her out of harm's way for the immediate future. Romulus now knows where his primary target is, and has no reason to bring her along. She'll probably be instructed to wait in the room until he and/or Clovis come to collect their prizes.

As for Romulus 's injury not stopping him? Well, he did use his left arm to slap the control bracelet on Kat (and the fact that he was able to so quickly seems to imply that he was considering doing so from the start). For all we know, his right arm has indeed been rendered unusable, he's just cocky enough to think that Zen is too injured to be a threat. Nothing to say the adrenaline keeping him going will run out or even stop him noticing that he's bleeding out.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Knowing Clovis, as much as I hate to say it, I'd be willing to bet he'd moreso enjoy crushing somebody's spirit the hard way, rather than just removing it with magic. The guy's twisted like that. It would explain why Rom wanted to give it to Zen, so he could learn all the secrets he's been keeping, who he's with, where his sister is, and everything else. Given how protective he is of Nat, I think betraying him would crush his spirit more than any torture.

If my theory is right, that collar is little more than a truth serum, forcing the wearer to answer any question without lying, no matter what it is, but while also letting them maintain their original personality and while staying fully conscious. All we can hope for now, is that somebody heard her.

Now, as for options regarding removing it...
Raine has the power, but lacks the skill. Rose has both, but lacks freedom at the moment. Raine and Zen might know enough about runes to decipher and disable it, and Nat may or may not have the skill to carry out their instructions... but Nat is currently suffering from (probably extreme) mana burn. There's always Trace, if he finishes squaring off against Detritus.. Ooh! Or that collar they gave Zen back at the spring! If it's a magic inhibitor, it might work on another shackle, disabling any effects and/or protective enchantments, allowing almost anyone else to remove it. That is, of course, assuming Rom doesn't just kill her right here and now, which is a genuine possibility given who he is.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:19 pm Knowing Clovis, as much as I hate to say it, I'd be willing to bet he'd moreso enjoy crushing somebody's spirit the hard way, rather than just removing it with magic. The guy's twisted like that. It would explain why Rom wanted to give it to Zen, so he could learn all the secrets he's been keeping, who he's with, where his sister is, and everything else. Given how protective he is of Nat, I think betraying him would crush his spirit more than any torture.

If my theory is right, that collar is little more than a truth serum, forcing the wearer to answer any question without lying, no matter what it is, but while also letting them maintain their original personality and while staying fully conscious. All we can hope for now, is that somebody heard her.

Now, as for options regarding removing it...
Raine has the power, but lacks the skill. Rose has both, but lacks freedom at the moment. Raine and Zen might know enough about runes to decipher and disable it, and Nat may or may not have the skill to carry out their instructions... but Nat is currently suffering from (probably extreme) mana burn. There's always Trace, if he finishes squaring off against Detritus.. Ooh! Or that collar they gave Zen back at the spring! If it's a magic inhibitor, it might work on another shackle, disabling any effects and/or protective enchantments, allowing almost anyone else to remove it. That is, of course, assuming Rom doesn't just kill her right here and now, which is a genuine possibility given who he is.
I am gonna go with: Anyone can simply take the bracelet off as long as it is not the same person wearing it or is not wearing other bracelet himself.
Do not think he will kill her, he has no reason to she is completely harmless now and it is worth more as a gift to Clovis than a corpse.

Also finally, we know Kat did know where Zen was and she was just stalling Rom. Wether he is still there is a different matter completely.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#12 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Bellhead wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:19 pmOoh! Or that collar they gave Zen back at the spring! If it's a magic inhibitor, it might work on another shackle, disabling any effects and/or protective enchantments, allowing almost anyone else to remove it. That is, of course, assuming Rom doesn't just kill her right here and now, which is a genuine possibility given who he is.
There’s a high probability that shackle was destroyed/damaged beyond repair.

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Zaigan »

At least he isn't going to kill her, and with any luck, this will be one gift Clovis is never given.

I hope someone heard her. I still think Zen might help her to cement their relationship, but there's a few other people who might be kicking around that could lend a hand, too.

Mind controlling magic is always so sinister, I guess I'm not surprised to see them use it against each other, even if it's akin to the slave bonds often used to Keidrin. I have to admit, I didn't think Romulus really had something for Zen. I wonder what information he's after? Where Natani is? Not sure if that would hold value to the organization, but Nat's been gone for so long. Little do they realize we've got the full Clovis Syndicate reunion going on.

Also, the pace has really gone up lately! Maybe these action scenes just flow easily.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#14 Post by Eclipse »

Oof. Yeah, that move didn't really buy Kat much, so now we're back to someone needing to save Kat.
Zaigan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:58 pm At least he isn't going to kill her, and with any luck, this will be one gift Clovis is never given.
This might be a fate worse than death for Kat, considering Clovis' attitudes towards and implied treatment of women he would probably end up using Kat for what she was originally bred to be. Yeah, we REALLY don't want Clovis to ever get his hands on her, or even know she exists.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#15 Post by Tetrahedron »

I never understood, why she stabbed his arm, then run around him and left the knife.

Better stab fast, stab often.