Comic for April 25, 2021: Clovis vs. Reni

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MaverickMopete
Citizen

Re: Comic for April 25, 2021: Clovis vs. Reni

#16 Post by MaverickMopete »

FuryoftheStars wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:25 pm
MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 pm And in spite of everything, Clovis is STILL protecting Brutus.

Notice how the fire lines completely bent around him / his corpse.
That may have more to do with chance/where he happened to be standing when the fireball hit than actively trying to protect him.
Equally plausible.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#17 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:53 pm
MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 pm And in spite of everything, Clovis is STILL protecting Brutus.

That may have more to do with chance/where he happened to be standing when the fireball hit than actively trying to protect him.
Equally plausible.
I am gonna go with Clovis not wanting his friend body to be destroyed or damaged. Only he can killhurt him no one else. Still one has to wonder, if Brutus ends up being saved by some reason and interesting way fro Clovis to go would be protecting him, the first and last good thing he would do in his life.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#18 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:29 pm I like to thing he will slowly unravel as he tries to leave the state, will take some damage from Reni then he will run into golems and eventually reach, half dead, to the ritual chamber and either Regressed dark trace or detritus will reanimate Brutus and make him fight whatever left of Clovis for fun. Do not think he will leave the state alive.
What state? Edinmire is only a village, town or city, and the Legacy Estate (I've seen that mistake made several times in the forum) is a short distance outside actual Edinmire.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:07 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:29 pm I like to thing he will slowly unravel as he tries to leave the state, will take some damage from Reni then he will run into golems and eventually reach, half dead, to the ritual chamber and either Regressed dark trace or detritus will reanimate Brutus and make him fight whatever left of Clovis for fun. Do not think he will leave the state alive.
What state? Edinmire is only a village, town or city, and the Legacy Estate (I've seen that mistake made several times in the forum) is a short distance outside actual Edinmire.
Estate as in Trace's state the physical manor. Could have sworn I typed Manor originally 🤔
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

SilentYay
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Lady Nora

#20 Post by SilentYay »

This may be wishful thinking, but that could also have been Reni's doing. If Brutus isn't quite dead yet (or if she assumes he could be alive), she may have intentionally tried to avoid hurting him.

MatyMaty
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#21 Post by MatyMaty »

I'm actually worried for Reni :< she 's a dragon but she's still young and inexperienced, and if the ammulet could counter Nora's magic...

As for Brutus, I think is neither Clovis or Reni's doing, but rather the manor's and it wants to preserve his body for some nefarious reason. Who knows, maybe Detritus ends up taking that perfectly unharmed body as a vessel of his own

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#22 Post by Cosmacelf »

Does anyone else think that time is slowing down in these recent comics? The last two, the plot has barely moved.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#23 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear, I didn't think that the amulet might be something specifically to deal with dragons... Hopefully Reni gives him a bonk. Also, the sneaky window kitty... I wonder how long until they make an actual move.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

trantor
Apprentice

#24 Post by trantor »

Hayate wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:37 am Oh dear, I didn't think that the amulet might be something specifically to deal with dragons... Hopefully Reni gives him a bonk. Also, the sneaky window kitty... I wonder how long until they make an actual move.
I think more that Reni get a bonk. This amulett look like it has extrem strong magic inside. I think the socket isn't dragonshaped for nothing. And she should be a little bit exhaust from the further fight.

Reni - prepare to get some counter attack.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#25 Post by Yastreb »

This pretty much confirms that Brutus is alive and will survive. (Like the "this should be enough" by Clovis on the previous page didn't make it obvious already.) Otherwise why have his body protected from the blast and even take one full panel to show the fact?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Equally plausible.
I am gonna go with Clovis not wanting his friend body to be destroyed or damaged. Only he can killhurt him no one else. Still one has to wonder, if Brutus ends up being saved by some reason and interesting way fro Clovis to go would be protecting him, the first and last good thing he would do in his life.
Or Reni intentionally avoided hitting Brutus.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#27 Post by Sky Shatter »

You insufferable, self-righteous creature!
Pot, meet kettle.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#28 Post by Technic[Bot] »

trantor wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:29 pm
Hayate wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:37 am Oh dear, I didn't think that the amulet might be something specifically to deal with dragons... Hopefully Reni gives him a bonk. Also, the sneaky window kitty... I wonder how long until they make an actual move.
I think more that Reni get a bonk. This amulett look like it has extrem strong magic inside. I think the socket isn't dragonshaped for nothing. And she should be a little bit exhaust from the further fight.

Reni - prepare to get some counter attack.
Despite the distintc possibility of Reni jus pulling out a hulk against clovis the amulet is no joke as it reversed nora curses. So Reni should get ready for a fight

Or maybe since Master seer is looking he may simply turn clovis amulet off. I think someone else already theorized that Brahn put something on the amulet to keep Clovis in check or get rid of him if he ever becomes a liability.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#29 Post by Spiffydragon »

At face value it looks like the amulet absorbs magic and can recycle it; Brutus will probably get up and take a hit for Reni.

steelabjur
Council Member

#30 Post by steelabjur »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:40 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Equally plausible.
Or Reni intentionally avoided hitting Brutus.
That would take some talent, that burn line is straight before forming an almost perfect semi-circle around him (and perfect on the sketch version).

Spiffydragon wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:48 am At face value it looks like the amulet absorbs magic and can recycle it; Brutus will probably get up and take a hit for Reni.
I like this idea. I half-jokenly suggested elsewhere that the amulet might have an magic draining effect tied to it, and well, dragons are creatures of magic. That it might absorb magic directed at it's wearer (like Nora's curse or Reni's Dragon Fire) and allow the user to access it never occurred to me. It certainly seems "charged up" from Reni's attack. I've said before that the crystal in the amulet reminded me of the Flawless Mana Crystal that Clovis sent Natani to steal in TDM. It's big thing, the thing that made it so valuable, was that it could be recharged endlessly without breaking like a normal mana crystal. What if the thing Clovis had Brahn and his Templar goons set up was for the crystal to drain and charge from any magic interacting with its wearer? It might also explain Clovis rocking up with so many magical rings on his fingers and toes, he might not be able to work magic normally wearing it, so has to use external sources.