Comic for April 25, 2021: Clovis vs. Reni

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Comic for April 25, 2021: Clovis vs. Reni

#1 Post by steelabjur »

Sketch: http://twokindscomic.com/images/20210425_sketch.png

Looks like Clovis cracked his head pretty bad (look at that damage and blood on the wall in the second panel!) but maybe his magical shield saved Brutus (or Brutus' body at least, note the semi-circular line of fire around Brutus, something protected him)? Also looks like we're going to see what the mysterious amulet is able to do!

Alea
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: .

Re: Comic for April 25, 2021: Clovis vs. Reni

#2 Post by Alea »

Two things of note:
1. The spy cat returns! (panel 2)
2.I'd be interested to know if an amulet can protect you from 2 tons of rapidly approaching dragon.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#3 Post by Foxx Trotter »

A minor spelling correction. Should be "existence" in the third panel. Everything else is good. :0)
Videre videnda.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I would not be very worried about his cracked skull. Not because it is a minor injure, far from it he is probably concussed and under normal circumstances he may not live long but. A couple years ago Zen had a similar injure Considering the amount of blood back then and the angle of the rock Zen should not be standing anymore. So nothing Clovis can't shrug off.
Alea wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:22 pm Two things of note:
1. The spy cat returns! (panel 2)
2.I'd be interested to know if an amulet can protect you from 2 tons of rapidly approaching dragon.
That is a lot of detail. In what is otherwise quite an empty page.
I call an Indiana Jones moment. Clovis will charge his magic to blow Reni to another plane feeling protected by his magic shield. Then Reni is gonna smash him into the wall crushing his already squishy skull.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Alea
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: .

#5 Post by Alea »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:08 pm I would not be very worried about his cracked skull. Not because it is a minor injure, far from it he is probably concussed and under normal circumstances he may not live long but. A couple years ago Zen had a similar injure Considering the amount of blood back then and the angle of the rock Zen should not be standing anymore. So nothing Clovis can't shrug off.
Well, Zen wasn't standing anymore. As I recall, he passed out for a full day after that. And if Clovis wasn't thinking straight before, a healthy dose of head trauma certainly won't help.

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Zaigan »

Man, Clovis left quite an impression on that dungeon wall. Even though the amulet absorbed the fire, it didn't do enough to dampen that force. At first I thought he might turn to flee, but I don't know if it's a rage against Nora he could still probably not express that makes him prepared to fight Reni, but it looks like we might soon see if he's got an offensive boost too

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#7 Post by Neutral Smith »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:51 pm A minor spelling correction. Should be "existence" in the third panel. Everything else is good. :0)
And also 'interferring' in that panel.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Alea wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:39 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:08 pm I would not be very worried about his cracked skull. Not because it is a minor injure, far from it he is probably concussed and under normal circumstances he may not live long but. A couple years ago Zen had a similar injure Considering the amount of blood back then and the angle of the rock Zen should not be standing anymore. So nothing Clovis can't shrug off.
Well, Zen wasn't standing anymore. As I recall, he passed out for a full day after that. And if Clovis wasn't thinking straight before, a healthy dose of head trauma certainly won't help.
I meant like not standing up.... ever again. Not a doctor myself but that type of injury can easily turn lethal.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#9 Post by stlsf4003 »

And so judgment day has come for Clovis. Will he take it like a man...er Keidran or will he evade the noose once more?
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:20 pm And so judgment day has come for Clovis. Will he take it like a man...er Keidran or will he evade the noose once more?
I like to thing he will slowly unravel as he tries to leave the state, will take some damage from Reni then he will run into golems and eventually reach, half dead, to the ritual chamber and either Regressed dark trace or detritus will reanimate Brutus and make him fight whatever left of Clovis for fun. Do not think he will leave the state alive.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#11 Post by stlsf4003 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:29 pm
stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:20 pm And so judgment day has come for Clovis. Will he take it like a man...er Keidran or will he evade the noose once more?
I like to thing he will slowly unravel as he tries to leave the state, will take some damage from Reni then he will run into golems and eventually reach, half dead, to the ritual chamber and either Regressed dark trace or detritus will reanimate Brutus and make him fight whatever left of Clovis for fun. Do not think he will leave the state alive.
Oh yeah, he's totally boned! It's just a matter of who or what gets to rip him to shreds first? Will it be the angry dragon Princess, the former necromancer and his rouge AI, the golem's or the reanimated husk of his former friend and LT?

One way or another, I want to see that smug rat reduced to chunky salsa! :twisted:
the lurking furry railroader

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#12 Post by FuryoftheStars »

I have a feeling this is not going to play out the way many here are hoping. :P

Yeah, I was wondering before if that amulet of Clovis' was enchanted to be a kind of anti-dragon weapon....

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#13 Post by MaverickMopete »

And in spite of everything, Clovis is STILL protecting Brutus.

Notice how the fire lines completely bent around him / his corpse.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#14 Post by FuryoftheStars »

MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 pm And in spite of everything, Clovis is STILL protecting Brutus.

Notice how the fire lines completely bent around him / his corpse.
That may have more to do with chance/where he happened to be standing when the fireball hit than actively trying to protect him.

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

#15 Post by rwstyles »

FuryoftheStars wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:34 pm I have a feeling this is not going to play out the way many here are hoping. :P

Yeah, I was wondering before if that amulet of Clovis' was enchanted to be a kind of anti-dragon weapon....
The outside part looks like a dragon. It's a large gem, it could hold a lot of power.