Comic for April 14, 2021: No Hard Feelings

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for April 14, 2021: No Hard Feelings

#46 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bojack727 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 pm Everyone rightfully mentions that Brutus knowingly worked for a pretty bad person. But, for me at least, I think the fact that Brutus was so endearingly dumb and clueless when weighed against what he did (and who he worked for), that he comes across as being much more innocent. I think there's also an element of tragedy to his character, that its sad when I think about the fact that under different circumstances, Brutus could have been a beloved good guy.
he clearly was no saint, he probably would break someone neck simply because Clovis asked nicely. But I think his motivations make him better than his fellow henchman. Clovis killed and pillaged out of fear and greed. Carver was a sadistics [censored] and Remus and Romulus are in for the money. Brutus? he defends his friend Clovis. His actions are heinous but he did it out of friendship and protecting others, not the right people of course but he never acted out of personally convenience nor seems to enjoy causing suffering either.

That being said no matter how dumb he is portrayed i do believe he conveniently ignores thinking about what he is asked to do. I do not think that he is That dumb to not realize he is killing innocents. He just believes his cause is just if simply because Clovis said so.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#47 Post by FuryoftheStars »

I would argue that firebombing a village doesn’t fit in the “defending” or “protecting” Clovis category, either.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#48 Post by Technic[Bot] »

FuryoftheStars wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:57 pm I would argue that firebombing a village doesn’t fit in the “defending” or “protecting” Clovis category, either.
Definitely I did mention that he can't be as stupid as to simply not understand what he is doing is morally wrong, after all he was gonna fry Adira.
But again his motive is "loyalty to Clovis" maybe he felt honor bound and obligated to help him since they seem to be childhood friends, or maybe Clovis convinced him that they are to some extent justified. Something i cannot imagine was hard to do. At the end of the day despite his action being despicable i still thing he is morally above the man he served and the rest of his henchmen. Which, unlike them, makes him a more redeemable character.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#49 Post by Bojack727 »

I can't help feeling like my intent was misread... I'm nor saying that he should get a a pass for what he did, just that there's something kind of inherently tragic about him, that I get this feeling that Brutus could have been a good person under different circumstances. It doesn't help that Tom depicts him as being so dopey and sweet in all of the bonus material,which I think is one of the key reasons why he's as beloved as he is.

steelabjur
Council Member

#50 Post by steelabjur »

Rasol wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 pm
Zaigan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:33 am I mean, I said I don't think he deserves forgiveness, but maybe that's not really in the spirit of TwoKinds. Before the memory wipe Trace was a genocidal monster who likely had a body count of innocents that rivals Clovis... but we only get brief glimpses and that's not "our" Trace. However, Trace is remembering bits and pieces, and is kind of reconnecting the two lives he lead, in hopefully a healing way. That means he, too, has a lot to make amends for. Perhaps, in the light that Clovis hasn't staged a complete genocide, his crimes will be punished in some other way.
As much of a [censored] as Clovis might be, I'd sincerely doubt he has a body count even approaching old Trace. Even if you account for the killings he hired people to do, this would be like comparing a mob boss, with a few hundred, or maybe a couple thousand bodies at their feet, to a warlord, who ABSOLUTELY burned villages to the ground, and murdered every resident. Not just the men, but the women and children too. They were like animals, and he slaughtered them like animals.

Being fair to Clovis, he TRIED to burn a village to the ground & start a new geocidal war, but he failed

Clovis is NO saint. Neither is Brutus TBH. But the weight of their sins is nothing compared to what we have been told Trace did in his madness.
I think it's worth noting that they were supposed to fail, the purpose of the attack was for it to be revealed that it was Wolves behind it to get the Tiger Tribes on Brahn's side of the conflict. It was a calculated plan by Brahn to divide the two major Keidran groups to make them easier to defeat piecemeal than the Templar facing a united Keidran front. Clovis and his group are simply serving a mercenary role in this as, Clovis at least, feels no particular loyalty with Wolf culture and Brahn paid handsomely for their part.

Rasol
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#51 Post by Rasol »

steelabjur wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 am I think it's worth noting that they were supposed to fail, the purpose of the attack was for it to be revealed that it was Wolves behind it to get the Tiger Tribes on Brahn's side of the conflict. It was a calculated plan by Brahn to divide the two major Keidran groups to make them easier to defeat piecemeal than the Templar facing a united Keidran front. Clovis and his group are simply serving a mercenary role in this as, Clovis at least, feels no particular loyalty with Wolf culture and Brahn paid handsomely for their part.
It's really not worth noting. Clovis would have happily killed everyone there. And Brutus? He was right there, ready & willing to kill anyone there as well. They knew what they were doing. Clovis at least did. As for Brutus? One of two scenarios:

1: He didn't know the plan, and was therefore ready & willing to slaughter all of Edinmire, down to the last screaming child, just cause Clovis said so
2: He DID know the plan, and was still willing to kill a few innocents, in order to start a war, with a potentially massive death toll (including his fellow wolves)... Just cause Clovis said so.

Clovis may be a monster, but HE (probably) is at least a product of a broken world. Brutus is not NEARLY as dumb as everyone tries to play him off as so they can defend his "best boi" image. Brutus is a hardened, ruthless killer. There is absolutely NO way for somebody to be involved with the kind of dirty work Clovis does, and NOT know that you're killing innocent people.

Brutus can go "tend the rabbits" for all I care.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#52 Post by stlsf4003 »

Rasol wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:10 pm
steelabjur wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 am I think it's worth noting that they were supposed to fail, the purpose of the attack was for it to be revealed that it was Wolves behind it to get the Tiger Tribes on Brahn's side of the conflict. It was a calculated plan by Brahn to divide the two major Keidran groups to make them easier to defeat piecemeal than the Templar facing a united Keidran front. Clovis and his group are simply serving a mercenary role in this as, Clovis at least, feels no particular loyalty with Wolf culture and Brahn paid handsomely for their part.
It's really not worth noting. Clovis would have happily killed everyone there. And Brutus? He was right there, ready & willing to kill anyone there as well. They knew what they were doing. Clovis at least did. As for Brutus? One of two scenarios:

1: He didn't know the plan, and was therefore ready & willing to slaughter all of Edinmire, down to the last screaming child, just cause Clovis said so
2: He DID know the plan, and was still willing to kill a few innocents, in order to start a war, with a potentially massive death toll (including his fellow wolves)... Just cause Clovis said so.

Clovis may be a monster, but HE (probably) is at least a product of a broken world. Brutus is not NEARLY as dumb as everyone tries to play him off as so they can defend his "best boi" image. Brutus is a hardened, ruthless killer. There is absolutely NO way for somebody to be involved with the kind of dirty work Clovis does, and NOT know that you're killing innocent people.

Yep. Big fella's gonna being burning if he did indeed kick the bucket!
the lurking furry railroader

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#53 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Rasol wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:10 pm It's really not worth noting. Clovis would have happily killed everyone there. And Brutus? He was right there, ready & willing to kill anyone there as well. They knew what they were doing. Clovis at least did. As for Brutus? One of two scenarios:

Yup, pretty much sums up my feelings on Brutus.