Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Comic for March 27, 2021: Follow that Squirrel

#16 Post by steelabjur »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:08 pm
HiseyLeSnake wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:13 pm
Spiffydragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:12 am Remus *may* be alive? yay! <3 hopefully he isn't torched by Clovis or killed by other means.
the chance he died is the same as it was in the death panel. It was an off screen death, so if Tom wants him to live he will be alive, that's just how off screen deaths work. As for the line said here it changed nothing, it's from a character that has no knowledge of Remus's current state. It's just Sythe saying let's get out of here because worse case scenario the fall didn't kill him.
That's a frustratingly good point. Between what Sythe said, and the fact that we don't see Remus actually dead on the floor, I'd actually bet that he's still alive, at least a little bit. At this point, I'd wager that when Clovis finds him on his way out, Remus will try to say that he was attacked by some monster, and Clovis will see it as him making excuses, and kill him then.
Perhaps the reason we haven't seen a body yet is due to the fact if Remus did indeed land on his head in any way from a fall like that, the results would definitely not be PG in the slightest. I don't think Tom would have the balls to draw someone with their head split wide open.

Then again, we sort of got a glimpse of the aftermath of the Basitin general being put through the metaphorical meat grinder at the end of the Island arc. So who knows?
And a bit of smoking Roan. :twisted:

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#17 Post by stlsf4003 »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 pm
Spiffydragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:12 am Remus *may* be alive? yay! <3 hopefully he isn't torched by Clovis or killed by other means.
the chance he died is the same as it was in the death panel. It was an off screen death, so if Tom wants him to live he will be alive, that's just how off screen deaths work. As for the line said here it changed nothing, it's from a character that has no knowledge of Remus's current state. It's just Sythe saying let's get out of here because worse case scenario the fall didn't kill him.
That's a frustratingly good point. Between what Sythe said, and the fact that we don't see Remus actually dead on the floor, I'd actually bet that he's still alive, at least a little bit. At this point, I'd wager that when Clovis finds him on his way out, Remus will try to say that he was attacked by some monster, and Clovis will see it as him making excuses, and kill him then.
Perhaps the reason we haven't seen a body yet is due to the fact if Remus did indeed land on his head in any way from a fall like that, the results would definitely not be PG in the slightest. I don't think Tom would have the balls to draw someone with their head split wide open.

Then again, we sort of got a glimpse of the aftermath of the Basitin general being put through the metaphorical meat grinder at the end of the Island arc. So who knows?
Almost forgot about that one. Not as nasty as the generals remains, but still pretty metal in of it's self. :twisted:
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#18 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Almost forgot about that one. Not as nasty as the generals remains, but still pretty metal in of it's self. :twisted:
Well also lets consider that on one sketch. I think it was "The queen of greed" , which i cannot find anywhere, we saw how Clovis basically torn Roans flesh from bone with the fireball. It think Tom can draw quite unsettling things, if "the mother sketch" is any indication, including graphic violence but I am glad he decides not to.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#19 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:51 pm
stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Well also lets consider that on one sketch. I think it was "The queen of greed" , which i cannot find anywhere, we saw how Clovis basically torn Roans flesh from bone with the fireball. It think Tom can draw quite unsettling things, if "the mother sketch" is any indication, including graphic violence but I am glad he decides not to.
Queen of Greed, it got Patreon censored, so there's a direct link.

Alea
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: .

#20 Post by Alea »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:54 pm
Queen of Greed, it got Patreon censored, so there's a direct link.
Incredible that the sketch was censored due to exposed boob, instead of the person literally being burned alive.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by TheMouse »

My bet on where Nibs is leading Sythe. To Zen! And conveniently with a handful of mana crystals, I think. With Clovis downstairs and one of the twins down, if not dead, there aren't a lot of other interactions upstairs that aren't "deal with the other twin", "meet up with the beach party" or "go through a door that is probably still disguised and hidden to get in the way with whatever's going on with Detritus and company.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Kyrit
Templar

#22 Post by Kyrit »

TheMouse wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:59 pm My bet on where Nibs is leading Sythe. To Zen! And conveniently with a handful of mana crystals, I think. With Clovis downstairs and one of the twins down, if not dead, there aren't a lot of other interactions upstairs that aren't "deal with the other twin", "meet up with the beach party" or "go through a door that is probably still disguised and hidden to get in the way with whatever's going on with Detritus and company.
Definitely not going to Zen. They're already on the second floor and they're about to head up to the third. According to Rose the third floor is off-limits. We also know thanks to Euchre that the ritual room is on the third floor. Sythe wanted to find Maren, so up they go

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#23 Post by Cosmacelf »

Kyrit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:00 pm
TheMouse wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:59 pm My bet on where Nibs is leading Sythe. To Zen! And conveniently with a handful of mana crystals, I think. With Clovis downstairs and one of the twins down, if not dead, there aren't a lot of other interactions upstairs that aren't "deal with the other twin", "meet up with the beach party" or "go through a door that is probably still disguised and hidden to get in the way with whatever's going on with Detritus and company.
Definitely not going to Zen. They're already on the second floor and they're about to head up to the third. According to Rose the third floor is off-limits. We also know thanks to Euchre that the ritual room is on the third floor. Sythe wanted to find Maren, so up they go
I agree. Nibs understands that Sythe is worried about Maren, so that’s where they are going. As to how Nibs knows that’s where Maren is, well, hopefully we will find out soon because that’s what we’ve essentially been vigorously discussing the last few weeks!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by aitaituo »

Cosmacelf wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:08 pm
I agree. Nibs understands that Sythe is worried about Maren, so that’s where they are going. As to how Nibs knows that’s where Maren is, well, hopefully we will find out soon because that’s what we’ve essentially been vigorously discussing the last few weeks!
How does Nibs know Maren's upstairs? Do squirrels have excellent noses? If she is sensing Maren magically, it suggests she is pretty dumb. There's a magical battle happening up there with an incredibly powerful mage and his fragment powered by massive mana crystals. Sythe's wounded.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#25 Post by FuryoftheStars »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:43 am
How does Nibs know Maren's upstairs? Do squirrels have excellent noses? If she is sensing Maren magically, it suggests she is pretty dumb. There's a magical battle happening up there with an incredibly powerful mage and his fragment powered by massive mana crystals. Sythe's wounded.
Well, it seems like one of the going theories atm is that she is somehow related to all of that.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#26 Post by Cosmacelf »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:43 am
She’s either yet another fragment of Trace’s soul like Detrius, maybe split from him when Trace summoned the dark energy dragon (and Nora dispelled it), or she’s the missing dragon princess who is young (6 years old) and has run away to explore the world as a shape shifted squirrel, in which case she has various dragon abilities.

Regardless, Nibs isn’t being dumb, since she’s shown herself to be very capable in battle. And we really don’t know what stage the battle’s at right now since the various scenes are overlapping in time.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by aitaituo »

Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 pmRegardless, Nibs isn’t being dumb, since she’s shown herself to be very capable in battle. And we really don’t know what stage the battle’s at right now since the various scenes are overlapping in time.
Respectfully, she survived a fireball and then spooked Remus enough that he didn't realize he was jerking back off a ledge. That's not exactly breaking stone golems into pieces, much less overcoming the mansion's built in magical implements that allow Detritus to teleport people, create illusions, and control the golems. We don't know what tools he has in that room exactly, but they are apparently capable of transferring souls and god knows what else.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#28 Post by AmigaDragon »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:58 pmAnd Sythe, FIND SOME PANTS, PLEASE.
Before you traumatize Maddie.
Nibs is clearly not an ordinary squirrel, and she's obviously got a ton of power. I'd be willing to bet that, whatever she is, she has some... connection to magic.
She has shown us resiliance, protective loyalty, intelligence and shapeshifting. While some of this takes some kind of magic, I don't yet see any signs of great power levels, not that having great power means using it.
TheMouse wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:59 pmMy bet on where Nibs is leading Sythe. To Zen! And conveniently with a handful of mana crystals, I think.
Did anyone pick up Remus' mana crystals after his fireballs and fall? I see no sign of them in Sythe's hands or around his neck and he has no pockets, same with Nibbly. BTW, has Sythe ever shown any skill with magic (even a witchlight or candle-lighting spell)?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#29 Post by Yastreb »

I wonder what is the logic behind sometimes having over two weeks between updates and then suddenly just 2-4 days. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it more evenly and use some pages to fill the long gaps instead of doing mad rushes occasionally? It would save the nerves of fans if when the next update is coming was at least somewhat predictable.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#30 Post by Cosmacelf »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 am
Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 pmRegardless, Nibs isn’t being dumb, since she’s shown herself to be very capable in battle. And we really don’t know what stage the battle’s at right now since the various scenes are overlapping in time.
Respectfully, she survived a fireball and then spooked Remus enough that he didn't realize he was jerking back off a ledge. That's not exactly breaking stone golems into pieces, much less overcoming the mansion's built in magical implements that allow Detritus to teleport people, create illusions, and control the golems. We don't know what tools he has in that room exactly, but they are apparently capable of transferring souls and god knows what else.
People seem to be forgetting there was a THUD before Remus fell off the ledge along with an Ergh reaction after the THUD. Nibbly did more than scare Remus.