The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for March 27, 2021: Follow that Squirrel

#31 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:43 am
Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:58 pmAnd Sythe, FIND SOME PANTS, PLEASE.
Before you traumatize Maddie.
That boat already sailed...
Cosmacelf wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:56 pm
aitaituo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 am
Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 pmRegardless, Nibs isn’t being dumb, since she’s shown herself to be very capable in battle. And we really don’t know what stage the battle’s at right now since the various scenes are overlapping in time.
Respectfully, she survived a fireball and then spooked Remus enough that he didn't realize he was jerking back off a ledge. That's not exactly breaking stone golems into pieces, much less overcoming the mansion's built in magical implements that allow Detritus to teleport people, create illusions, and control the golems. We don't know what tools he has in that room exactly, but they are apparently capable of transferring souls and god knows what else.
People seem to be forgetting there was a THUD before Remus fell off the ledge along with an Ergh reaction after the THUD. Nibbly did more than scare Remus.
I am of the believe that was the sound of him stumbling unto the railing which due to the previously sustained damage, broke under his weight. Besides Nibs scared Remus pantless, even if she pushed him I do not think it required great force to knock him down the railing while he was backtracking fearing for this life.
Yastreb wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:59 am I wonder what is the logic behind sometimes having over two weeks between updates and then suddenly just 2-4 days. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it more evenly and use some pages to fill the long gaps instead of doing mad rushes occasionally? It would save the nerves of fans if when the next update is coming was at least somewhat predictable.
Seems like the last pages, Tom has had problem to get the scene and dialogue just how he likes leading to small delays. But you are correct Tom schedule has been inconsistent the past months. In any case I kinda prefer these bursts when we are dealing with action scenes like fights or when there is not much narrative going on. If there is a multipage fight with minimal dialogye It would be very slow to get each scene once a week, better if he draws all of them and then releases the whole sequence in a short burst over a couple of days. That being said this is actually not an issue for any future reader.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#32 Post by Neutral Smith »

Regarding the fast updates: I wonder what's in store for today.

Seems like a buildup for a joke, like a chibi version of Nibbly in a bedroom as a joke.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

steelabjur
Council Member

#33 Post by steelabjur »

TheMouse wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:59 pmMy bet on where Nibs is leading Sythe. To Zen! And conveniently with a handful of mana crystals, I think.
Did anyone pick up Remus' mana crystals after his fireballs and fall? I see no sign of them in Sythe's hands or around his neck and he has no pockets, same with Nibbly. BTW, has Sythe ever shown any skill with magic (even a witchlight or candle-lighting spell)?
No, but Sythe's a keidran, and they need a charged mana crystal to use magic as well as training. He could have great potential as a magic user, but if he had no training and access to crystals, it'd be untapped potential.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:53 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:58 pmAnd Sythe, FIND SOME PANTS, PLEASE.
Before you traumatize Maddie.
That boat already sailed...
Cosmacelf wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:56 pm
aitaituo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 am
Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 pmRegardless, Nibs isn’t being dumb, since she’s shown herself to be very capable in battle. And we really don’t know what stage the battle’s at right now since the various scenes are overlapping in time.
Respectfully, she survived a fireball and then spooked Remus enough that he didn't realize he was jerking back off a ledge. That's not exactly breaking stone golems into pieces, much less overcoming the mansion's built in magical implements that allow Detritus to teleport people, create illusions, and control the golems. We don't know what tools he has in that room exactly, but they are apparently capable of transferring souls and god knows what else.
People seem to be forgetting there was a THUD before Remus fell off the ledge along with an Ergh reaction after the THUD. Nibbly did more than scare Remus.
I am of the believe that was the sound of him stumbling unto the railing which due to the previously sustained damage, broke under his weight. Besides Nibs scared Remus pantless, even if she pushed him I do not think it required great force to knock him down the railing while he was backtracking fearing for this life.
Yastreb wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:59 am I wonder what is the logic behind sometimes having over two weeks between updates and then suddenly just 2-4 days. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it more evenly and use some pages to fill the long gaps instead of doing mad rushes occasionally? It would save the nerves of fans if when the next update is coming was at least somewhat predictable.
Seems like the last pages, Tom has had problem to get the scene and dialogue just how he likes leading to small delays. But you are correct Tom schedule has been inconsistent the past months. In any case I kinda prefer these bursts when we are dealing with action scenes like fights or when there is not much narrative going on. If there is a multipage fight with minimal dialogye It would be very slow to get each scene once a week, better if he draws all of them and then releases the whole sequence in a short burst over a couple of days. That being said this is actually not an issue for any future reader.
Nah, we've seen from multiple angles that the railing in that area behind Remus was flat gone from Clovis' fireball strike, there was nothing there for him to stumble into, just open air. That THUD was certainly something solid striking Remus, not the other way around.

As for the delay, Tom rewrote two of the previous pages (1138 and 1139), splitting it from one page into two.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#34 Post by FuryoftheStars »

steelabjur wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:26 pm Nah, we've seen from multiple angles that the railing in that area behind Remus was flat gone from Clovis' fireball strike, there was nothing there for him to stumble into, just open air. That THUD was certainly something solid striking Remus, not the other way around.
I think some of us were of the opinion that the thud was the heel of his foot hitting the base rail that the railing was once attached to. We could be wrong, but that's what we were thinking.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#35 Post by Chicken Man »

I followed a squirrel once.
Drove me nuts.

:squirrel:
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Killer57
Fav. Twokinds Character: Mrs. Nibbly

#36 Post by Killer57 »

Anyone else notice Nibbly squeaked twice when asked a question?
Magical Mishaps reference?

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#37 Post by Shockwave07 »

You know I haven't seen how Carver in that thought image shows three out of focus but distinct Basitin looking at him.

Maybe a hint Carver is actually going to enjoy his spin of island of bare ankles?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:05 am You know I haven't seen how Carver in that thought image shows three out of focus but distinct Basitin looking at him.

Maybe a hint Carver is actually going to enjoy his spin of island of bare ankles?
Considering Clovis current state of mind and the fact he failed his mission getting teleported to the other side of the world is the best thing that could have happened to him
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#39 Post by Warrl »

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#40 Post by stlsf4003 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:05 am You know I haven't seen how Carver in that thought image shows three out of focus but distinct Basitin looking at him.

Considering Clovis current state of mind and the fact he failed his mission getting teleported to the other side of the world is the best thing that could have happened to him
Better to live another day on a veritable island paradise then be torched or poisoned.
the lurking furry railroader

Eclipse
Templar Master

#41 Post by Eclipse »

I just came back here to say I just noticed that.

I don't think I'd want to leave if I was him, between Clovis killing more of his allies than his enemies in this chapter and being surrounded by Amazon waifus it's pretty clear which fate is more preferable.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#42 Post by AmigaDragon »

We don't know for sure yet that western basitins run around bare-ankled, the view wasn't low enough. And that little detail would mean nothing to a keidran.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#43 Post by Shockwave07 »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 pm

We don't know for sure yet that western basitins run around bare-ankled, the view wasn't low enough. And that little detail would mean nothing to a keidran.
Yeah bare ankles for keidran standards not so much, but basitin... Also going on his side art will link when my battery is recharged... Hopefully.

Edit: links to deviantart hinting at Western basitin wear

https://www.deviantart.com/twokinds/art ... -836054291
https://www.deviantart.com/twokinds/art ... -790161499

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#44 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Even if he end up a prisoner on the basitin isle he is still much better than back on mainland.

We also have seen traditional Western Basitin attire courtesy of Maddie
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#45 Post by FuryoftheStars »