Comic for March 20, 2021: Remus' Downfall

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

scyllafren
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nibbs

Re: Comic for March 20, 2021: Remus' Downfall

#31 Post by scyllafren »

My view is, that the "thud" was simply his foot hitting the railing, and noone pushed/hit Remus, he just dumbfounded about what he saw, then tried to grab onto something, but the railing broke and he fell.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#32 Post by FuryoftheStars »

scyllafren wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:26 am My view is, that the "thud" was simply his foot hitting the railing, and noone pushed/hit Remus, he just dumbfounded about what he saw, then tried to grab onto something, but the railing broke and he fell.
Yeah, that was my initial impression reading it, too.

oldfox1406
Fav. Twokinds Character: Trace

#33 Post by oldfox1406 »

Judging by Reni as she walks into the estate https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/961/ a 40 foot plus foot drop may not be out of the question.

Vera Accalia
Traveler

#34 Post by Vera Accalia »

Zaigan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:42 am
Warrl wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:20 am
All those are things that could be resolved in an epilogue or left unresolved, or COULD be worked into a major subplot. Well, I'll be surprised if we see Carver again in THIS comic - maybe in a sequel - because the main group is unlikely to go back to Basidian Island and it'll take too long for Carver to work his way back to the mainland. BUT... even that is not impossible (but he'd show up again as a minor villain in a new caper; everything he WAS directly involved in is resolved).
Nibs' identity could be revealed at the end of this chapter, or a conclusion.
Same: resolve in-story, resolve in epilogue, or leave unresolved, all work.
I mean, I think we're kind of on the same page, then. Saying that this seems like the climax, or the first half of it, the highest point of drama in the story before we start resolving everything. Even if the final journey to Lyn'Knoll is a minor story, they are physically very close, so they are unlikely to go do major globe trotting again.

I guess it depends if the main story is something Tom would want to end. It's the sort of thing that feels like it should reach a conclusion, but it's been a part of his life for so long, and it is his job. The idea of a follow up story would make a lot of sense, to sort of follow up on various threads, maybe even have a continuation that's more like slice of life, which has always been an element of the story.

He could have other plans, but a lot of this seems like a perfectly reasonable set up for a Climax, finally bringing in Clovis, having Trace have to face his past and its sins, right all those wrongs and crimes against nature, and then you have the Templar involved in it, too. It could follow it up and then most of the remaining plot points would be lower stakes and winding down.

Saving Adira is about the only real wrench I see in this, although she might have just been kidnapped by Clovis, since I think that they said the wolves used to use that gateway, and it could explain how they got there. Adira is the only plot point I see going far a field.

I only just started thinking about them never reaching Lyn'Knoll and investing in the community here because times are changing, and it could be fostered into a good blend of Human and Keidran culture, which is what Lyn'Knoll was kinda rumored to be. Maybe it's the place we found in ourselves during the journey and the friends we made along the way. Or not. But hey, then Mike and Evals can maybe find a place too, that will meet both their tastes. Maybe if there was just a romantic partner for Evals to settle with and just sometimes visiting his old home.

Or like, I guess his gender bending heterolife partner could be enough as long as it was in a place where Keidren were respected.
There is another possibility. What's to say that, under new rule, the templar have discovered the location on Lyn'knoll, and destroyed it, scattering the people. What's to say that reaching Lyn'knoll won't lead to another journey.

Also, part of me is convinced that maybe that portal in Adira's tavern LEADS to Lyn'knoll, which explains it being hidden? Could explain why the Templar may not have found it.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen

#35 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Vera Accalia wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 am Also, part of me is convinced that maybe that portal in Adira's tavern LEADS to Lyn'knoll, which explains it being hidden? Could explain why the Templar may not have found it.
That portal is supposed to link to another tavern over near wolf territory on the opposite side. I think the big deal about it was that was what the wolves were using to get into (and out of) the town to free all the other wolves in the wolf pens while everyone, including Adira, was distracted with things in the center of town.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#36 Post by Him »

For those who are suggesting that Nibs is a dragon- who in this world wouldn't recognize a dragon? It's technically possible that Tom would pull a small trick by having Nibs change into a different form, I suppose, but personally I don't think it matches Tom's style.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#37 Post by aitaituo »

Him wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 pm For those who are suggesting that Nibs is a dragon- who in this world wouldn't recognize a dragon? It's technically possible that Tom would pull a small trick by having Nibs change into a different form, I suppose, but personally I don't think it matches Tom's style.
Reni would surely recognize a dragon. They are telepathic, after all. But that's part of the fan theory, from the beach room scenes where Nibs appeared to be hiding from Reni's notice.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#38 Post by Him »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:29 am
Him wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 pm
Reni would surely recognize a dragon. They are telepathic, after all. But that's part of the fan theory, from the beach room scenes where Nibs appeared to be hiding from Reni's notice.
I'm referring to Remus' reaction to what I assume is Nibs' true form. Have we seen anyone who has been confused about what a dragon is? The wolves that attacked the town who got stomped by Reni recognized her so I see no reason why their associates wouldn't. So if Nibs turned into a dragon I'm sure he would yell dragon or something. Anyone, or any creature, with anything to hide would avoid a dragon.

multilis
Citizen

#39 Post by multilis »

Him wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:28 am
I'm referring to Remus' reaction to what I assume is Nibs' true form. Have we seen anyone who has been confused about what a dragon is? The wolves that attacked the town who got stomped by Reni recognized her so I see no reason why their associates wouldn't. So if Nibs turned into a dragon I'm sure he would yell dragon or something. Anyone, or any creature, with anything to hide would avoid a dragon.
Since Dragons can shape shift into many different forms, one option is Nibs is a dragon, she intentionally chose to appear to be something else to hide that she is a dragon or her true strength while at same time scare Remus.

Since lots of others can do illusion magic, another option is rather than a "shape shift" whatever entity is Nibs may have just done a fancy illusion. Eg Mrs Nibs could be some form of lower level/small spy who then used the magic "jewels" to appear to be (bluff) a larger tentacle monster, abomination, etc.

Nibs is trying to hide her true identity so it would be expected that she wouldn't show her true form unless required.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen

#40 Post by FuryoftheStars »

multilis wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:00 am Since Dragons can shape shift into many different forms, one option is Nibs is a dragon, she intentionally chose to appear to be something else to hide that she is a dragon or her true strength while at same time scare Remus.

Since lots of others can do illusion magic, another option is rather than a "shape shift" whatever entity is Nibs may have just done a fancy illusion. Eg Mrs Nibs could be some form of lower level/small spy who then used the magic "jewels" to appear to be (bluff) a larger tentacle monster, abomination, etc.

Nibs is trying to hide her true identity so it would be expected that she wouldn't show her true form unless required.
While true, that seems a little overly complicated for the story. Obviously I could be wrong, but I just find it more likely that she did shift to her true form to attack Remus, and that true form is something Remus did not recognize.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#41 Post by Him »

multilis wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:00 am
Him wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:28 am
Since Dragons can shape shift into many different forms, one option is Nibs is a dragon, she intentionally chose to appear to be something else to hide that she is a dragon or her true strength while at same time scare Remus.
My first post, not the one you replied to, was prefaced with my personal opinion that it does not match with Tom's style to do something so convoluted. I could be completely wrong of course but this is my gut reaction. Occam's razor, etc, etc.