Comic For March 18, 2021: Remus Revenge

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic For March 18, 2021: Remus Revenge

#1 Post by Bellhead »

Well, I guess that makes sense. Kinda feel dumb for not expecting it, though.

And yeah. No way in hell is Nibs dead. Can't be. I do have to wonder what he's reacting to in that last panel, though. Maybe it's Nibs' true form emerging, and he senses it? Could be, since the situation is far more dire than it was a moment ago.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

Re: Comic For March 18, 2021: Remus Revenge

#2 Post by Shockwave07 »

Scythe isn't going to know is he?

ibneko

#3 Post by ibneko »

I'm kinda confused, who's perspective are we looking at in the last two panels? The second to last seems to be Sythe's POV, since there's the mana crystals in view. I guess Remus had turned to face him? But then the last one show's Remus' back? (I'm also trying to figure out where everyone is standing in the past few comics and trying to figure out how the fireball meant for Nibs also seemed to hit Sythe?)

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#4 Post by Cosmacelf »

ibneko wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 pm I'm kinda confused, who's perspective are we looking at in the last two panels? The second to last seems to be Sythe's POV, since there's the mana crystals in view. I guess Remus had turned to face him? But then the last one show's Remus' back? (I'm also trying to figure out where everyone is standing in the past few comics and trying to figure out how the fireball meant for Nibs also seemed to hit Sythe?)
Yeah, the last panel seems to be Nib's perspective...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

ibneko wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 pm I'm kinda confused, who's perspective are we looking at in the last two panels? The second to last seems to be Sythe's POV, since there's the mana crystals in view. I guess Remus had turned to face him? But then the last one show's Remus' back? (I'm also trying to figure out where everyone is standing in the past few comics and trying to figure out how the fireball meant for Nibs also seemed to hit Sythe?)
My guess is, the second panel is from Remus' point of view, the second-to-last is from Sythe's point of view, and the last is from Nibs', based on the silhouette of the ears, and how he says "But YOU.."

That said, I'd think that the first FWOOSH hit its target square on Nibbly, and the second was an explosion centered on where Sythe was, as a separate shot to fully incapacitate him. Or attempt to, anyway.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

This page seems to play out like this:

Remus attacked Nibbly with a fire spell, then threw another one at Sythe. He thinks Nibbly is dead and ignored her, then turned to Sythe and closed in to finish him off. But Nibbly appears to be readying a counter attack.

Bellhead seems to be correct about the POVs in the last two panels, and Remus' choice of words is the biggest hint here. In the second to last one, Remus remarks that Nibbly got "a quicker death than it deserved". Note the past tense here, indicating that Remus thinks Nibbly has already died. Then the last line "But you... you're going to pay for what it did to me!". In this panel, he's shifting the conversation and using the word "it" to refer to Nibbly. So if Remus thinks Nibbly is dead and moving on, he's talking to Sythe and presumably facing him as he's saying these things. So if Remus is facing Sythe, the figure behind Remus should be Nibbly.

Additionally, if you look in the background of the last panel, you can see the curtains that Sythe was hiding behind.

Rafe
Council Member

#7 Post by Rafe »

Nibs definately knew what mana was.
I think we're about to see that she also knosw how to use it.

steelabjur
Council Member

#8 Post by steelabjur »

Panel perspective 1-5 Remus (Nukes Nibs, hears Sythe call out and quickly turns and throws another firball at him, threatens him)
Panel 6: Sythe (losing consciousness or at very least concussed from the two explosions he survived)
Panel 7: Nibs (Boss music starts playing)

I don't know how familiars work in Mekkan, but I gotta wonder if nuking a magical creature with a firball while a bunch of mana crystals sit close by (panel 6) was a smart idea...

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#9 Post by Spiffydragon »

Whelp, I guess Remus is dead soon since he tried to roast a pet and wants to continue in his antics. yes, Nibs is the last window, note the shadow ears on each side.

I can only wonder as to which cavity he stashed a crystal at. Hidden in one of his ears without falling out? I doubt eating a sharp and pointy magical crystal is good for the health but I suppose it could be polished smooth; maybe a suppository?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by aitaituo »

Spiffydragon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:35 pm Whelp, I guess Remus is dead soon since he tried to roast a pet and wants to continue in his antics. yes, Nibs is the last window, note the shadow ears on each side.
Looking closely, I think Nibs' right ear is partially scorched black and smoking. I know we all want her to be a fireproof dragon that unleashes hell on the next page, but I think instead we are going to find that Remus' aim is just not that good.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#11 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:45 am
Spiffydragon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:35 pm Whelp, I guess Remus is dead soon since he tried to roast a pet and wants to continue in his antics. yes, Nibs is the last window, note the shadow ears on each side.
Looking closely, I think Nibs' right ear is partially scorched black and smoking. I know we all want her to be a fireproof dragon that unleashes hell on the next page, but I think instead we are going to find that Remus' aim is just not that good.
My take is that Sythe is gonna faint we switch perspective to another group, Trace and Flora perhaps. A couple months later, couple hours in comic, we find out Sythe has no idea what happened to Remus nor how he survived. when he woke up it was just him and Ms nibs.

Second theory: despite being an eldritch abomination Nibs decided to be discreet and used the mana cristals to cast a fireproof spell on herself then jump on to Remus and make him stumble upon his death down the stairs.

Third theory Remus incapacitated by pain failed his shot miserably and Nibs survived. However before being able to kill Sythe he is massacred by the manor defenses. Did anybody else noticed the background has been getting reddish and dark over the past few pages?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hayate
The Hidden User

#12 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear... She’s gonna do him a murder... :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Zaigan »

Oh, neat! Nibbsy is a smoke monster, like her waterfall reflection. I wonder if we'll find out what the smoke monster really is... some kind of spirit? Friendly demon?

It would be funny if she ate him like Nibbler of Futurama... they even have similar names!

Yeah the last panel looks like it's Nibs, the smoke is sort of forming her ears, framing the border, I think, with the camera perched just behind her head.

Niara
Apprentice

#14 Post by Niara »

Nibs doesn't need to do anything really special here or reveal special information to us;

It would be rather simple at this point for Sythe for pass out more or less, and nibs to jump at Remus again from behind:

We've seen how close to the edge of the balcony he is, and we've seen the closeness of his feet to that lip. A small squirrel jumping up on his back from behind, pouncing and biting and clawing could very easily lead to an over-balance and a lethal, neck-breaking fall.

- Perfectly normal squirrel behaviour, perfectly believable solution.
- Nibs 'just got lucky' again and was missed by the fire, or was in the cloak that was itself protected against fire, or there was a reaction with the mana crystals, or any other excusable answer that the party members may come up with on their own.

Nibbly can absolutely resolve this and save Sythe without confirming any details or blowing her cover, I'd say.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#15 Post by BadFoMo »

I thought this page was cut.

Anyway, is anyone else worried about what this could do for Nibbly's character/the story as a whole? I know it's been heavily implied that she's a baby Dragon (or at the very lest not a normal Squirrel), but what if it goes in a completely different direction that come right out of nowhere?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!