Traveler

Re: Comic for March 3rd, 2021: The Wolf's Jewels

#2 Post by SangheiliSpecOp »

Are we about to have yet another death on our hands :o

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#3 Post by Cosmacelf »

Is that Scythe reaching for the battle ax?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Cosmacelf wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:48 pm Is that Scythe reaching for the battle ax?
I would assume so, given the fur color and situation.

Also, Nibs is WAAY smarter than the average squirrel. And though she didn't quite knock him off the banister, I have a feeling I know who will, and with no hesitation at this point.

Suddenly that bite makes a little more strategic sense, seeing as he was so distracted by her that he didn't notice his mana crystals being ripped off his body.

Dat smugness, tho. :squirrel: 8)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

Clever girl
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#6 Post by Shockwave07 »

Hayate wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:20 pmClever girl
Beat me to it! :squirrel:

Edit: and looking at the size of that string of crystals did he wear that... Not going to finish that thought at the risk of going to horny jail.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Warrl »

What puzzles me about the crystals is that the string they are on is still intact - a complete loop.

As for Nibs maybe being a familiar... I've read stories where a mage summons a familiar who then attaches to someone other than the mage.

(But then, the only theory about Nibs that I've ever endorsed is "she isn't an ordinary wild squirrel". A familiar would qualify. So would a shape-shifted dragon. Or an ordinary tame squirrel. Or...)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Bellhead »

Shockwave07 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:06 pmEdit: and looking at the size of that string of crystals did he wear that... Not going to finish that thought at the risk of going to horny jail.
I'll act as your Horny Jail Lawyer. OBJECTION!

We see Remus and Romulus here, and neither of them shows any crystals on their person. But based on the sizes of the crystals, and assuming they're comparable in size to the ones Natani had way back when (which works when considering Nibs' relative size to a wolf), we can assume that the crystals we see are tied into a necklace with string. It would sit right about where Natani's did, maybe a smidge tighter.

The fact that we don't see it before likely means he was carrying it under his cloth, likely hanging it from his shoulder straps to avoid his enemies taking notice too quickly.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jae
Apprentice

#9 Post by Jae »

Aww, Nibs is giving Scythe the killing blow. That's TRUE love!
—Jae Lynn

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#10 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Death by sythe... we really did not see that one coming.

Also still do not understand it. Was he carrying his crystaals as a belt or something?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

flyineddy
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maddie

#11 Post by flyineddy »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:15 am Also still do not understand it. Was he carrying his crystaals as a belt or something?
Maybe he wore it like the hooded attacker on the page of May 4, 2016?
~Eddy.

The Earth is round, just like a pancake.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by aitaituo »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:09 pm
Shockwave07 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:06 pmEdit: and looking at the size of that string of crystals did he wear that... Not going to finish that thought at the risk of going to horny jail.
I'll act as your Horny Jail Lawyer. OBJECTION!
It's called the Perv Box and it's always a party!

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#13 Post by Spiffydragon »

New poster, read the comics on and off over the years but binge read them start to finish a few nights ago; I'll eventually add hard covers to my small library when I make some spare coin.

I suppose I am in the minority here, but I kind of want to see all three of the wolves survive and pull through, in the least, Remus and his twin brother; although it is likely at least one of the three will die for the sake of keeping the story fresh and avoiding what is being referred to as the A-Team effect, likewise with them tagging along. Scythe has what a M8 referred to as "plot armor", so I doubt he will be killed. It may also be that the wolves will find their end at the hand of Clovis, rather than that of Trace's team since Clovis seem to have a bad habit of touching minions. It may very well be that Clovis torches one of the brothers and makes an enemy out of the other.

Given that Remus is disarmed in just about every way, I personally wouldn't be able to find it justifiable to kill him despite his actions and wanting to have some battlefield fun, especially hitting him in the back with an axe, but Scythe may think otherwise or be in a kill or be killed mindset. It is actually a ripe opportunity to capture Remus, likewise they may both go over the edge and get knocked out; then again, the ledge may just be a scene device for added drama. If I remember correctly, they are mercenaries and don't have any loyalty beyond pay and contract; they may deem Clovis too much trouble and end up with Trace and the rest. This would probably be unnerving for Scythe but it's only the third time in the comic (TMK) that someone has mentioned gutting him. I could see Remus taking him to the Tiki bar with the ole "No hard feelings."

I am familiar with "battlefield fun" and the very wide spectrum it occupies. I wouldn't consider Remus to be "bad", despite his interests being on the extreme end, although he does need to get kicked around a little bit and brought in line. Lets not forget that both Trace and Raine "Red" went around hunting Keidran not just out of fun but out of hatred too; although they have been turning over some new leafs. He's probably the same as everyone else and wants to chase tail and grab a pizza afterwards. Mrs.Nibbly :squirrel: may have applied suitable adjustments to his bad idea detector.

Purely speculation but there is the very important matter of intelligence. If Clovis succeeds in taking taking Zen, they will need someone who has at least some degree of intimate knowledge and I doubt Natani fits the bill. The first thing severed will be the soul link to keep that in check. It may be that Brutus survives, given all the life extension stuff just a few pages back and that the entities running the estate had their limitations are removed; it isn't far fetched that Brutus could be brought back in some capacity. Having been betrayed, he may be more willing to turn on Clovis or at least want an explanation beyond just greed; even the greedy are greedy to keep their friends too. (No I haven't accepted Brutus as being canonically dead yet.)

TMK he was one of several wolves raining fire down on the town and his relationship with Romulus and Remus is unknown but all of the wolves appear to know each other in some capacity and a bargain may be struck for one life or another in exchange for information.

If there is one trend I picked up on in the comic it's that these situations often have a less than expected way of turning out and often three steps ahead of what the current panel shows; it may very well be some dark entity or semi-resurrected experiment that throws the whole situation into greater chaos

Woooo, it has probably been at least a decade or two since I speculated on anything, reminds me of a passed era.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Bellhead »

Spiffydragon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:45 amLets not forget that both Trace and Raine went around hunting Keidran not just out of fun but out of hatred too; although they have been turning over some new leafs.
Trace, yeah, before the memory loss. But Raine was raised in a cabin, alone, with none but a caretaker for several years. Her main experience with keidran was being enslaved by them with her mother during Trace's regime, and living with the Taverndatters & Co. Far as we know, she holds no anger or resentment toward the keidran races in general, and I doubt she would ever hunt them for either of those reasons. Or, you know, the obvious reason...

Could you perhaps have meant Mary, Raine's mother?

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#15 Post by Spiffydragon »

It seems I have been mistaken on the name the whole time.

"Red" Derp. Red hair, warrior, doesn't like Keidran and seem to have a deep rooted hatred for them, although I am mistaken about the hunting part which I had read on one the first panels, that seems to be exclusively Trace (pre-loss). I wouldn't be surprised if he tagged along a few times. He is listed as Database error in the characters, for some reason I can't find his name mentioned anywhere in the panels and picked up on Raine despite her being white and fluffy / transforming (That's that I get for 4AM reading). Point being, some of the cast aren't exactly innocent in their own right, they have two assassins tagging no less. Lots of blood to go around.

Does he even have a name or is it annoyingly omitted / story reasons?