Comic for March 3rd, 2021: The Wolf's Jewels

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for March 3rd, 2021: The Wolf's Jewels

#46 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Spiffydragon wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:08 am A healthy and physically active person has around six minutes of oxygen deprivation before permanent brain damage sets in. When Brutus is clearly biologically dead and room temperature, will I accept him as being dead canonically but until then, he has six minutes for Reni to get there. I'm pretty sure she will help if for no other reason than to find out why Clovis tried to kill him.

Detrius may be powered by the dead turned into dark mana, or requires periodic scarifies to keep alive ala the Emperor of WH40K. Although he seems to be an imperfect copy of Trace, so he may just be the fantasy equivalent of a crude A.I imprint that is juiced up by the same magic-tech the templar towers use.

I'm pretty sure TF has several chapters already written up. It's the art and comic panels that takes around 5X-30X more time than the writing does and I'm certain any "plot holes" or things needing to be reconciled are already handled.
For all Reni knows he is an important POW so it is in her interest to help him.
In any case we are not sure how Clovis killed him and i do not enough DnD to offer an spell/effect that could kill that fast and that way. Meaning I do not think he can be revived or helped at this point without a healthy dose of Necromancy. As much as Clovis loved the guy pretty sure he wanted to make 100% sure he was not coming back.

Anyhow think Detritus is little more than a failed magical experiment. If this were sci-fy instead of fantasy he would be some sort of rogue AI or a very defective off-brand Alexa/smart speaker. That know believes he is truly Trace.

Finally, i think the comic production is much more ordered and planned now than in its inception. Again you can get very good at something if you keep doing it for over a decade. That being said that means the original idea that Tom had for the comic is likely never gonna see the light of day, probably for the better.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#47 Post by AmigaDragon »

Going from the previous page to this one, did he change from speaking keidran to human (speech balloons missing the <>)?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#48 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:58 am Going from the previous page to this one, did he change from speaking keidran to human (speech balloons missing the <>)?
I don't think so. Long ago, in times since passed... *snerk* Sorry, had to. ..I'm tired..

There were times when Tom would forego the brackets when each of the characters on-scene could only speak a certain language. Something to do with their speaking language at the time being implied, so it was unnecessary, I think? He explained it in a stream I watched several years ago, so take it with a grain of salt. Or several.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#49 Post by aitaituo »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:58 am Going from the previous page to this one, did he change from speaking keidran to human (speech balloons missing the <>)?
I don't think so. Long ago, in times since passed... *snerk* Sorry, had to. ..I'm tired..

There were times when Tom would forego the brackets when each of the characters on-scene could only speak a certain language. Something to do with their speaking language at the time being implied, so it was unnecessary, I think? He explained it in a stream I watched several years ago, so take it with a grain of salt. Or several.
That's my recollection as well.