Comic for February 20, 2021: Nibs Goes Nuts

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for February 20, 2021: Nibs Goes Nuts

#31 Post by Rafe »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:53 amI wonder, are the twins here linked in a way similar to Nat and Zen?
No they aren't. Zen and Natani are linked spiritually due to Natani's soul getting fatally damaged when she used black magic to try to bring back their parents after they died.
Actually, Natani was damaged by Isaac, an old wolf that was the target of their first assasination. He used forbidden magic and damaged her mind and soul. https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/447/

I don't see any reason why Romulus and Remus couldn't have also been linked the same (or almost the same) way as Natani and Zen. It was Clovis, after all, who arranged it for Natani and Zen. No reason to think he did, but he could have.

Also, this page has brought back a similar incident which happened to me.
I was riding my bicycle with some friends down a long hill in a wooded area, probably going around 35 mph. A squirrel ran out in front of us, and at the last minute, misjudged how fast we were going and ended up running into the spokes of my front wheel. It flew out of my wheel, and landed on my right leg and started climbing me (fortunately, not stopping to bite anything). After reaching my shoulder, it jumped and hit the ground running, apparently uninjured.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#32 Post by DragnMastralex »

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#33 Post by AmigaDragon »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:53 amI wonder, are the twins here linked in a way similar to Nat and Zen?
No they aren't. Zen and Natani are linked spiritually due to Natani's soul getting fatally damaged when she used black magic to try to bring back their parents after they died.
It wasn't Natani using black magic, it was Isaac and he was the one that ultimately paid for it. Natani doesn't say the heart's desire spell hurt her when she tried it with her parents in mind. Being faceless made it easy for her to dismiss the spell first.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Warrl »

Not quite. Natani's soul was fatally damaged when a mage they were trying to assassinate used black magic to rip her soul.

(Which killed the mage too.)

Zen saved her life by finding a mage who would splice their souls together. One of the claimed effects of all this was the loss of the female part of Natani's soul. Unfortunately, that mage was Clovis.

Or at least that was the story told in-comic

(Personally I suspect that Natani was genderfluid tilting slightly male to begin with.)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#35 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Warrl wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:13 pm
Not quite. Natani's soul was fatally damaged when a mage they were trying to assassinate used black magic to rip her soul.

(Which killed the mage too.)

Zen saved her life by finding a mage who would splice their souls together. One of the claimed effects of all this was the loss of the female part of Natani's soul. Unfortunately, that mage was Clovis.

Or at least that was the story told in-comic

(Personally I suspect that Natani was genderfluid tilting slightly male to begin with.)
Remus and Romulus are twins, even if no magic is involved twins are really close. They may not be telepathic but twins are usually uncannily aware of each other emotions/intentions.

I like to think that the spell that to put Natani soul together was experimental at best, not even Clovis or his men were fully aware of all the side effect and implications it carried. They were basically throwing stuff at the wall to see if it stick. Natani was just a guinea pig. Worst case scenario they kill both, best case they get the "best" assassins around bound to them.

This also gives leeway for the story to bend as the spell effects are not set in stone. As it is now it is implied Natani was more or less the same before the accident, maybe just less intense, but the imprinting of his brother and the whole ordeal made him believe he was weak and powerless before.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hayate
The Hidden User

#36 Post by Hayate »

Spazoid wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:25 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 pm
No more double and triple posting, you have both received account warnings. Please review the forum rules. This is not the first time I’ve had to say this :/
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#37 Post by AmigaDragon »

While it would not be in other circumstances, Nibs has delivered a fatal attack. Just look behind him, we all know he's going over.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#38 Post by stlsf4003 »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 pm While it would not be in other circumstances, Nibs has delivered a fatal attack. Just look behind him, we all know he's going over.
Pretty much my guess. He's gonna take a few dazed steps backwards and fall through the banister into the foyer below.

And depending on how he lands on that cold unforgiving floor, he'll either live (but be paralyzed for life) or die.

Not too sure how long that fall would be though.
the lurking furry railroader

wordelo
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#39 Post by wordelo »

I just want to give a shout out to the name of the page. effing purrfect. (Can squirrels purr? google? yes they can.)

steelabjur
Council Member

#40 Post by steelabjur »

stlsf4003 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:39 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 pm While it would not be in other circumstances, Nibs has delivered a fatal attack. Just look behind him, we all know he's going over.
Pretty much my guess. He's gonna take a few dazed steps backwards and fall through the banister into the foyer below.

And depending on how he lands on that cold unforgiving floor, he'll either live (but be paralyzed for life) or die.

Looks pretty high up (first panel), here's a view of the double doors from up where Remus is right now (4th panel). I wouldn't want to fall from that height!

FireworkFox
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#41 Post by FireworkFox »

Ouch. I mean, yeah its funny, but dang... I feel like that should've happened to Clovis.(He deserves it after what he did to Brutus.)
tony1695 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:53 am I wonder, are the twins here linked in a way similar to Nat and Zen?
I don't see why they would be.
Imma fox uwu

Jae
Apprentice

#42 Post by Jae »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:04 am
stlsf4003 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:39 am

Looks pretty high up (first panel), here's a view of the double doors from up where Remus is right now (4th panel). I wouldn't want to fall from that height!
Ah, yeah. Ya'll make a good point. I think Nibs just did a 1-Hit KO.
—Jae Lynn

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#43 Post by tony1695 »

FireworkFox wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:20 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:53 am I wonder, are the twins here linked in a way similar to Nat and Zen?
Communication. In an era without radios or other easy means of communicating vital info, a link like that would be an invaluable battlefield tool.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#44 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 am
FireworkFox wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:20 pm
Communication. In an era without radios or other easy means of communicating vital info, a link like that would be an invaluable battlefield tool.
343. Zen's superiors used him to send orders to Natani. But mages can also communicate over long distances. It makes more sense that it's only used in small groups, or even just groups of two. It seems like it would be a better stealth and infiltration tool, rather than a battlefield information system, given the implications and how difficult it is to create.

I could see it being used for the top-tier warrior pairs, so they could fight without blind spots, but I think that link would be fairly strained unless those involved are extremely compatible; both mentally and behaviorally. Having somebody else in your head 24/7 is bad enough when you do get along with them. Create a bad pairing, and they could very well drive each other completely insane before long. It would probably be easier (using magic, anyway) to temporarily link the minds, rather than the souls, of a small squad during battle; something that could be easily removed or disabled when not in use. But we don't have much canon experience with large-scale battles that would necessitate that level of cooperation, so it's just a shot in the dark.

But knowing Clovis, if anyone on his side could communicate complex information with just a thought, he would have to be in on it like he was with Nat and Zen. Being connected to that many people would provide more information than any modern surveillance system ever could, with the catch that there would be no reliable filter, and he would experience it all first-hand. It would put a ridiculous amount of strain on his mind. And even if he never considered it before Nat and Zen, given what happened with those two, he likely never will again. It seemed like it was a fairly substantial investment on his part to even do it in the first place.

[/LateNightRambling]
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#45 Post by Yastreb »

In TDM it sounds more like Clovis can connect to the Zen-Natani link, not that he is in it all the time. He could have lots of his underlings attached with links he can listen only when needed without straining his mind.