Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

#1 Post by steelabjur »

Twin is about to copy Muscle General's fate in 3...2...1...

targetdrone
Traveler

Re: Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

#2 Post by targetdrone »

hmm... Remus didn't get the memo to run when a squirrel starts growling at a wolf.... well, this is going to hurt :p
Insert signature here

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

*cue reference to recent Monty Python sketch*

I wonder if we'll see Nibs' true power here. Good to see Sythe is still conscious, at any rate.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

steelabjur
Council Member

#4 Post by steelabjur »

That bit of wood behind him, is that the destroyed Bannister that Clovis hit with the fireball? I could see Nobs doing what she did to Carver and causing Remus to stumble back into, and over, that to the floor below and that doing him in.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well I had hoped the twins would survive somehow. For No other reason than i like their design.
Besides they are only sell swords i do not think they deserve ... Well whatever nibss is gonna do to them...

I hope i am wrong this time. But I expect some monty python killer bunny stuff at best and some eldritch abomination at worst....
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#6 Post by Chicken Man »

If I were to guess I'd say Nibs is some powerful critter (Keidran, Templar, sorcerer, monster) turned into a squirrel by Nora hence her fear of dragons.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

sotanaht
Traveler

#7 Post by sotanaht »

Chicken Man wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:37 am If I were to guess I'd say Nibs is some powerful critter (Keidran, Templar, sorcerer, monster) turned into a squirrel by Nora hence her fear of dragons.
Well there's always the theory that Nibs IS a dragon, possibly even Nora herself (maybe all the strength she could muster?), and is "afraid" of dragons because they would know if they got a good look.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#8 Post by Eclipse »

You know, I'm wondering if Nibs is another wolf turned into a wild animal like Sam and Roan. She's acting like a wolf here, and now that I think about it, who has she gravitated to? Sythe and Raine. Both wolves (well, Raine is a shapeshifting half wolf, but still). Maybe she was turned into a squirrel similarly to how intruders in the Estate are transformed into farm animals.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Bellhead »

sotanaht wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:06 am
Chicken Man wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:37 am If I were to guess I'd say Nibs is some powerful critter (Keidran, Templar, sorcerer, monster) turned into a squirrel by Nora hence her fear of dragons.
Well there's always the theory that Nibs IS a dragon, possibly even Nora herself (maybe all the strength she could muster?), and is "afraid" of dragons because they would know if they got a good look.
I remember there being quite a bit of speculation about Nibs' true nature a while back. Given what we've seen so far, though, I highly doubt she's Nora, in any way, shape or form. Nora would be way more of a trickster, anyway.

While she's definitely more... domesticated? -than any other wild creature would or even should be, Nora definitely would not act like that. And anything she'd turn into would likely be white, anyway. That said.. I dunno. She "boop'd" Sythe when they first met, right after he swung a bladed spear at her face, and she didn't even flinch. She attacked Carver without a second thought, and got smashed into a tree hard enough to break her back (I'll trust Raine's knowledge on that, regardless). Yet through it all; Humans, Keidran, weaponry, magic.. the ONLY thing she's ever trembled at was Reni. Her initial reaction to Rose was unclear, whether she recognized her state or not, and Rose never seemed to directly interact with Nibs either, so that might be something to wonder about, given Rose's knowledge of the magical crap Old Trace used to pull...

Whatever her true form is, it's something that has at least some regenerative abilities, and has experience with the bipedal species and (probably) understands some (or all) speech. It would seem she has some connection to something by magic, else a dragon, a creature of magic, would not cause such a reaction. The possibility does exist of her being a puppet of the Master Seer or his daughter, as well, which could explain her fear of Reni, but not likely her unusual curiosity, or her devotion to Sythe, so I'd say that's unlikely too.

Might be a juvenile dragon. I seem to remember Tom saying that young dragons would spend their early years in a different form such as that of an animal, to travel the world and explore. If that hasn't been retconned, I'd say that's our best explanation outside of waiting for it to be directly explained.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#10 Post by Hayate »

I am really excited to see if we finally get more insight on Nibbly’s true nature! There have been so many theories :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#11 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I love the wide ranges of possibilities we have regarding nibbly.

On one hand she could be a hand read squirrel básico a lost pet, that would explain her tameness and fear of dragons. They are uncommon do she may have never seen one

And on polar opposite she may be a deaconess. Considering we know dragons can mate with anything. She could even been Traces and Nora child. Which she decided not mention once trace went all genocidal necromancer.
For the recordI do not think that is what she will end up being but I think it is by far the most interesting possibility.

By the way back when they got to the Oasis room didn't we got a look at Nibs reflection on the waterfall? I remember it was very distorted due to the moving water but that was not a squirrel on the reflection
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

trantor
Apprentice

#12 Post by trantor »

Referring to the really nice Monty Python sketch :shock: The monster is not behind the squirrel....IT IS THE SQUIRREL! And another poor guy bitten his head of :twisted:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:48 amBy the way back when they got to the Oasis room didn't we got a look at Nibs reflection on the waterfall? I remember it was very distorted due to the moving water but that was not a squirrel on the reflection
Thank the Amenon Search Engine, but I think you mean This one, where Nibs is riding on Sythe's back, hidden under a towel. Good memory. With that, it looks like her true form is tethered or held by some kind of magic, given that her tail's reflection seems to smoke-trail off behind her.

My theory has been upgraded to "Nibs is related to the dragons in some way, and has run away from home for some reason." It would explain her need to imprint upon larger creatures (to survive without the use of any powers) and it would explain why she was afraid of Reni, one with the power to recognize her, even when Raine couldn't.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#14 Post by Yastreb »

You called her a rat, prepare to die!

I agree about the reflection. When you look at how Sythe's fur reflects and then how Nibbly reflects, her reflection is at least much darker than it should.

Wolffan
Traveler

#15 Post by Wolffan »

Scratch one more wolf. Being one of Clovis' minions tends to decrease your life expectancy.
There is only one! :natani: