Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

S'aaruuk
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

Re: Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

#46 Post by S'aaruuk »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am You know, I'm wondering if Nibs is another wolf turned into a wild animal like Sam and Roan. She's acting like a wolf here, and now that I think about it, who has she gravitated to? Sythe and Raine. Both wolves (well, Raine is a shapeshifting half wolf, but still). Maybe she was turned into a squirrel similarly to how intruders in the Estate are transformed into farm animals.
Observation: No squirrel I've ever seen has a set of teeth like Nibs. People sometimes refer to them as "tree-rats" for a very good reason.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#47 Post by Chicken Man »

S'aaruuk wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:07 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am You know, I'm wondering if Nibs is another wolf turned into a wild animal like Sam and Roan. She's acting like a wolf here, and now that I think about it, who has she gravitated to? Sythe and Raine. Both wolves (well, Raine is a shapeshifting half wolf, but still). Maybe she was turned into a squirrel similarly to how intruders in the Estate are transformed into farm animals.
Observation: No squirrel I've ever seen has a set of teeth like Nibs. People sometimes refer to them as "tree-rats" for a very good reason.
Squirrels don't have thumbs, either.
Something is very strange about that squirrel.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#48 Post by whiskeyfur »

I really have no idea of what's going on with Nibs because she's given no hints to me that she's anything but a domesticated squirrel who happens to like him a lot.

Bottom line.. what I see happening is she gets hurt, and Remus is going to find out how much it's going to hurt when an assassin goes berserk. Wounded or not, he's still a threat.

If however she is in fact a young dragoness? Then the you know what is going to hit the fan.

Edit: Disregard that assassin bit.. I was half asleep when I wrote this and had him confused with someone else. He's a diplomat, not a fighter.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#49 Post by Bellhead »

whiskeyfur wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:38 am I really have no idea of what's going on with Nibs because she's given no hints to me that she's anything but a domesticated squirrel who happens to like him a lot.

Bottom line.. what I see happening is she gets hurt, and Remus is going to find out how much it's going to hurt when an assassin goes berserk. Wounded or not, he's still a threat.

If however she is in fact a young dragoness? Then the you know what is going to hit the fan.
Uhhh.. Sythe's not an assassin. He's a diplomat. You're thinking of Nat and Zen.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#50 Post by Yastreb »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 am Uhhh.. Sythe's not an assassin. He's a diplomat. You're thinking of Nat and Zen.
A Cowardly Diplomat to be exact.

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#51 Post by whiskeyfur »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 am
Uhhh.. Sythe's not an assassin. He's a diplomat. You're thinking of Nat and Zen.
Bellhead wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 am Uhhh.. Sythe's not an assassin. He's a diplomat. You're thinking of Nat and Zen.
I was half to bed when I wrote that.. mind already going there, just not there physically yet. Please disregard!

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#52 Post by stlsf4003 »

I can see one of two things happening in the next page.

1. Nibs proceeds to leap onto and mess up Remus' face, causing him to stumble backwards and fall through the destroyed Bannister and either knocking him out or killing him from the fall.

2. Her true form is revealed as she turns the hapless wolf into hamburger.

One things for sure though, there's gonna be another body added to the slowly growing pile!
the lurking furry railroader

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#53 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Honestly, this is kind of what's going through my mind right now with Mrs. Nibbly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WCIEzrHCAQ

:grin:

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen

#54 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Well, to go with the speculation on Nibbly, I noticed on the recent sketch Tom took the time to mention that the uneaten chocolate was coconut. Not sure if he’s just giving random details for the heck of it, or if he’s trying to drop a hint....

https://www.patreon.com/posts/valentine-thief-47615376

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#55 Post by Technic[Bot] »

FuryoftheStars wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:15 am Well, to go with the speculation on Nibbly, I noticed on the recent sketch Tom took the time to mention that the uneaten chocolate was coconut. Not sure if he’s just giving random details for the heck of it, or if he’s trying to drop a hint....

Well the theobromine in chocolate is toxic to squirrels, dogs and cats too for the curios. and considering their low body mass if nibs is just a squirrel she will end with severe stomachache at best or hepatic failure at worst.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen

#56 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:26 am
FuryoftheStars wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:15 am Well, to go with the speculation on Nibbly, I noticed on the recent sketch Tom took the time to mention that the uneaten chocolate was coconut. Not sure if he’s just giving random details for the heck of it, or if he’s trying to drop a hint....

Well the theobromine in chocolate is toxic to squirrels, dogs and cats too for the curios. and considering their low body mass if nibs is just a squirrel she will end with severe stomachache at best or hepatic failure at worst.
Yes, I mean, I’m already on board with the idea that she’s not a normal squirrel. I just don’t know if the coconut is a further hint or a random aside cause he felt like it.

Edit: Although, also, I feel like for the purposes of the suggestion, even if Mrs Nibbly is a “normal” squirrel, Tom would’ve been willing to ignore that fact (assuming he knew... not everyone does (I didn’t, even though I know it’s toxic for dogs)).

Jae
Apprentice

#57 Post by Jae »

Guys... I just saw this ad for a Squirrel Superhero, and I think it's Nibs... :squirrel:
—Jae Lynn

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#58 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Jae wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:49 pm Guys... I just saw this ad for a Squirrel Superhero, and I think it's Nibs... :squirrel:
I prefer that idea that Mrs nibs is a Squirrel Girl cameo.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#59 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:26 am Well the theobromine in chocolate is toxic to squirrels, dogs and cats too for the curios. and considering their low body mass if nibs is just a squirrel she will end with severe stomachache at best or hepatic failure at worst.
Maybe Mekkan chocolate isn't toxic to Mekkan squirrels.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#60 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:09 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:26 am Well the theobromine in chocolate is toxic to squirrels, dogs and cats too for the curios. and considering their low body mass if nibs is just a squirrel she will end with severe stomachache at best or hepatic failure at worst.
Maybe Mekkan chocolate isn't toxic to Mekkan squirrels.
I will go: with Mekkan squirrels are very different from real squirrels both behaviorally and physiologically. Despite looking ,sciurine, on closer inspection Nibs does look different from real squirrels, she is more lean than most squirrels I have see, seems a bit longer, has thumbs and fangs, ears are long and pointy. If she had a different tail i doubt we would even call her a squirrel, on top of that she behaves weirdly even for human acclimated squirrels.
What I am trying to say is, even if she is just a Mekkan squirrel that does not mean she is what we would call a normal squirrel

On that note I wonder if maybe squirrel pets are actually common in Mekkan.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide