Comic for February 7, 2021: Poisonous Friendship

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for February 7, 2021: Poisonous Friendship

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for February 7, 2021: Poisonous Friendship

#2 Post by Hayate »

Oh... :(
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#3 Post by GaySailors »

HIMBO DOWN

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by TheMouse »

I hate that we called this. I wanted so badly to be wrong.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

The nay-sayers will argue that he's just sleeping, and Clovis is abandoning him to live a different life. But with what he just said...

I'm glad he met his end peacefully. But he didn't deserve to be treated that way.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rasol
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#6 Post by Rasol »

Not that I wanted to be right.

But I feel like this scene from DBZA sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsqmU3v0hVA

So yeah. Turns out Clovis IS in fact an irredeemable sociopath.
And I for one cant wait for him to get what's coming to him.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by kiabugboy »

Yo.......

leinglo
Traveler

#8 Post by leinglo »

Did he...just kill Brutus? Holy crap, that's one of the saddest things in this whole comic.

Why? Was it because Clovis actually did really care about Brutus, and he decided he couldn't allow there to be that kind of chink in his armor?

I hope Clovis' end is agonizing, humiliating, and excruciatingly extended for as long as possible.

amenon
Grand Templar

#9 Post by amenon »

Gah.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#10 Post by MuonNeutrino »

I'm not gonna say 'I told you so' (partly because I didn't actually express it in a post :wink:), but yup, this is pretty much what I was expecting. Clovis is evil, simple as that. He's not sympathetic, he's not misunderstood, he doesn't have a tragic backstory or a perhaps-understandable cause he's simply pursuing in a regrettable way. This is actually a neat way to portray it in that it shows he's also still a person with emotions rather than just being a cardboard cutout villain, but he still is a villain. And honestly this makes his villainy even more chilling. Cartoonish villainy that's just faceless minions, one-liners, and evil laughter is easy to dismiss. This is deeper than that. This is villainy that knows what it's doing, counts the cost, and is willing to sacrifice its own loved ones that it genuinely cares about for the sake of its own selfish goals. Clovis cares enough to go to the trouble of finding a painless method. He cares enough to spend the last few seconds he will ever have with his victim - his friend - deliberately distracting and reassuring him so that those final moments are not only not horrific, but even as close to happy as possible under the circumstances. He cares enough to genuinely mourn the loss. He cares enough to drive him to by a *mile* the most out-of-character display we've ever seen from him. And he still does it, because ultimately to him those considerations just don't matter. Because his selfishness and need for control run so deep that any chink in the armor whatsoever is simply unacceptable, no matter the cost. It's evil at its worst, because it's evil that is human rather than some faceless abstract.

On a related note, however, I have a suspicion. Clovis is presumably going to be leaving the dungeons now. Reni is on her way to the dungeons. Brutus was poisoned, not stabbed or shot or incinerated or blown up. Reni's already healed him once. Bets on Reni getting there in time to save him again? Because if we're wanting to turn this already incredibly important character moment into something even more significant down the road, Brutus eventually waking up to discover what Clovis did, and Clovis eventually having to deal with the fallout from that down the road, would be quite a thing.

SangheiliSpecOp
Traveler

#11 Post by SangheiliSpecOp »

Well, I'm sad now. We knew what was coming but this page just hit me. It would be amazing if Brutus was actually sleeping like someone mentioned butttt eh...

GES280

#12 Post by GES280 »

I have a feeling that Brutus isn't explicitly gone yet. either the estate will decide to intervene, or he might just pull a classic Rasputin.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Dadrobit »

Just popping in to say that I genuinely appreciate this death. TK has a lot of fighting/violence, but I feel for the last number of years that it's been almost entirely "A-Team" violence, (lots of shooting, but nobody ever dies) so it's felt very, very low-stakes knowing that the heroes will come out (largely) unscathed. The fights have almost come to feel like filler to be completely honest. With Clovis offing both Roan and Brutus with varying degrees of violence, it feels like it's help reset some of those expectations of safety.

It's sad to see, but I'm very much grateful for it. :mrgrin:

*Edit*

Of course, if Brutus pulls a Nibbly and isn't actually dead.... well, this is kinda mostly rescinded. I'd be pretty sour if he did.

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#14 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Yeah... Screw this. I'm done.

sotanaht
Traveler

#15 Post by sotanaht »

I for one and VERY glad this happened. The last thing I wanted was some hamfisted attempt to "redeem" clovis to the readers via some gay romance.