Comic for January 21, 2021: The Value of Brutus

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kyrit
Templar

Re: Comic for January 21, 2021: The Value of Brutus

#46 Post by Kyrit »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:02 am
Kyrit wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:55 am Meanwhile Natani was never even mentioned in his plans, strange as it is.
Not entirely true.
Carver has mentioned that Clovis has plans for Natani, yes. But by name Natani has not been mentioned in the break-in. As such it does not seem he currently is after her or perhaps doesn't know she's there. They have stated only two goals;
- Brutus
- Zen

BurritoManw
Fav. Twokinds Character: Zen

#47 Post by BurritoManw »

Hm, the way Clovis looks at Brutus at the end of the comic.
And that Reni never did give him those pants...

Dana Fox
Fav. Twokinds Character: The wolf chick. I'm trans

I'd like to see Brutus pulliung his boots on in the next comic....

#48 Post by Dana Fox »

Remember that ancient scene from the original Star Trek (if you know 'Trek) where Captain Kirk is pulling his boots on after he gets out of bed with the Romulan commander sleeping beside him in her Captains quarters on her warship?

Yeah.

Be the man Brutus. Clovis was a pole dancer. She wants you.

Even if it's just a a single frame, it would be funny as heck....

Moved and merged post.
Please keep comic posts in the thread for the page they are related to.

~Hayate

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#49 Post by AmigaDragon »

Kyrit wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:17 pm Carver has mentioned that Clovis has plans for Natani, yes. But by name Natani has not been mentioned in the break-in. As such it does not seem he currently is after her or perhaps doesn't know she's there. They have stated only two goals;
- Brutus
- Zen
I'm still at a loss as to how Clovis would know Natani or Zen are present. Did he have spies among the guards at the docks to see Nat rejoin the group and head to the estate? Even with spies around Edenmire, how could he know of Zen's presence in the mansion? Even if Carver somehow communicated with him from Basitinia :wink: , he only knew group B was heading in that direction, not actually arriving.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#50 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:43 am
Kyrit wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:17 pm Carver has mentioned that Clovis has plans for Natani, yes. But by name Natani has not been mentioned in the break-in. As such it does not seem he currently is after her or perhaps doesn't know she's there. They have stated only two goals;
- Brutus
- Zen
I'm still at a loss as to how Clovis would know Natani or Zen are present. Did he have spies among the guards at the docks to see Nat rejoin the group and head to the estate? Even with spies around Edenmire, how could he know of Zen's presence in the mansion? Even if Carver somehow communicated with him from Basitinia :wink: , he only knew group B was heading in that direction, not actually arriving.
Take a look back from the previous evening, and pay close attention to the outside, particularly through the windows. Several pages have a set of eyes hidden in the trees, most memorably outside of the room Keith and Natani slept in. Suffice it to say, I think he knows.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#51 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:43 am
- Brutus
- Zen
Take a look back from the previous evening, and pay close attention to the outside, particularly through the windows. Several pages have a set of eyes hidden in the trees, most memorably outside of the room Keith and Natani slept in. Suffice it to say, I think he knows.
And even if his spies did not saw Zen/Nat inside he is working with our favorite blonde antagonist All Brahn. He probably knows of the incident of Edinmire docks and that Trace took custody of at least one brown wolf that matched one of the brothers description. He told Clovis and he put together the rest.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#52 Post by Chicken Man »

Probably everyone lives and Clovis is a chicken. A hen? I hope so. Chicken fanservice, please.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#53 Post by whiskeyfur »

I have the bad, bad feeling he's not really talking to Brutus.. but more to himself. Confessing his feelings so he can get past them.

However, it still feels like that he's only half way through the confession.. like he's coming to a decision, and soon.

Either Brutus dies painlessly and quick (he'll just mourn later in privacy), and he fully embraces the new life he made for himself, or allow doubt to seep in and hold his paw back from fulfilling a dream.

the "tidy end to a rotten era".. could be in reference to his feelings.

I'm not convinced 100% either way.. but I don't think he's done talking. I just don't have high hopes it'll be a happy ending for Brutus.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#54 Post by aitaituo »

Chicken Man wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:59 am Probably everyone lives and Clovis is a chicken. A hen? I hope so. Chicken fanservice, please.
I think we should discuss this angle more. Zen suddenly whacks Clovis over the head, knocking him out. Brutus moves to counter attack, but Kathrin tells him he's still a chicken.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#55 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Oh by the way before we move on from this page.

On panel 5... 6... er the one with Clovis opening the cage. bottom left corner: Are those Roan bones, in particular the remains of his rib cage still smoldering? Or my eyes are deceiving me and it is just some random incinerated debris and ash?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#56 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 pm Oh by the way before we move on from this page.

On panel 5... 6... er the one with Clovis opening the cage. bottom left corner: Are those Roan bones, in particular the remains of his rib cage still smoldering? Or my eyes are deceiving me and it is just some random incinerated debris and ash?
I think it's supposed to be Roan's remains. The panel is showing them as Clovis talks to Brutus about how it's such a painful way to go, almost as if Clovis is gesturing to them and saying "No, no, I would never do that to you Brutus", I think it's meant to highlight the contrast between how Clovis treated Roan and how Clovis would treat Brutus. Plus they're still smoldering, which indicates that the fire had happened recently.

Rasol
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#57 Post by Rasol »

*Ahem*

CALLED IT!

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#58 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Rasol wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:22 pm *Ahem*

CALLED IT!
Congratulations. The comic is now infinitely worse as a result.
Hope you're proud of yourself.

Rasol
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#59 Post by Rasol »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:06 pm

CALLED IT!
The comic is 'infinitely worse' as a result of me (and others) reading the foreshadowing that was quite clearly laid out?
Yeah, I'm gonna say no.
If you think Tom had different plans for the outcome of this comic, but changed his mind because I finally stopped lurking to post my predictions on this forum, you severely overvalued my opinion on the matter.

There is a world of difference between influencing an outcome, and using the evidence to predict one when you have little to no control over it.

And if you think Clovis killing Brutus changes his character? You haven't been paying attention. Clovis is EXACTLY who he has always been. An irredeemable, selfish villain.

And I for one cannot wait until he gets what's coming to him.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#60 Post by stlsf4003 »

Rasol wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm
Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:06 pm

CALLED IT!
The comic is 'infinitely worse' as a result of me (and others) reading the foreshadowing that was quite clearly laid out?
Yeah, I'm gonna say no.
If you think Tom had different plans for the outcome of this comic, but changed his mind because I finally stopped lurking to post my predictions on this forum, you severely overvalued my opinion on the matter.

There is a world of difference between influencing an outcome, and using the evidence to predict one when you have little to no control over it.

And if you think Clovis killing Brutus changes his character? You haven't been paying attention. Clovis is EXACTLY who he has always been. An irredeemable, selfish villain.

And I for one cannot wait until he gets what's coming to him.
Pretty much what you just said. Tom was practically telegraphing Brutus' fate in 1134. I could literally hear the key clacking away in my head in the page.

And really. Anyone who's read any for of literature should of seen this coming.

Still a boot to the gut though, but i'll keep on reading to see that fox buy the farm in a violent manner!
the lurking furry railroader