Comic for January 21, 2021: The Value of Brutus

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

Re: Comic for January 21, 2021: The Value of Brutus

#61 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Rasol wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm -snip-
You're right. Maybe I was just too optimistic in thinking that Tom wouldn't be so utterly stupid and instead could take Clovis and Brutus' relationship in a unique direction. That maybe there was a soft side to this self proclaimed psychopath and would lead to an internal struggle between two diametrically opposed sides to him.

But no. What we got instead was the leftover scraps that was swept up from the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy's cutting room floor. Clovis is just yet another two dimensional "I AM EVIL FOR NO REASON" villain. Screw character depth, am I right? Himbo had to die because REASONS!

As someone currently studying and working on my own stories, I just find this generic and predictable "twist" to be quite insulting and I can't in good faith continue reading it anymore.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#62 Post by Hayate »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:53 pm
You're right. Maybe I was just too optimistic in thinking that Tom wouldn't be so utterly stupid and instead could take Clovis and Brutus' relationship in a unique direction. That maybe there was a soft side to this self proclaimed psychopath and would lead to an internal struggle between two diametrically opposed sides to him.

But no. What we got instead was the leftover scraps that was swept up from the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy's cutting room floor. Clovis is just yet another two dimensional "I AM EVIL FOR NO REASON" villain. Screw character depth, am I right? Himbo had to die because REASONS!

As someone currently studying and working on my own stories, I just find this generic and predictable "twist" to be quite insulting and I can't in good faith continue reading it anymore.
You need to tone it down. This is a warning.

~Hayate
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#63 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Hayate wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 pm You need to tone it down. This is a warning.

~Hayate
Don't you worry. I'm leaving this account inactive after this.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#64 Post by Hayate »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:21 pm
Hayate wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 pm You need to tone it down. This is a warning.

~Hayate
Don't you worry. I'm leaving this account inactive after this.
Oh dear...
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#65 Post by Chicken Man »

I don't think Clovis was the only one dimensional villain around here, Hayate. 🤣
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#66 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Chicken Man wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:16 am I don't think Clovis was the only one dimensional villain around here, Hayate. 🤣
I'm a one dimensional villain for getting too damn invested in the story.
Screw me for caring, right?

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#67 Post by stlsf4003 »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:28 am
Chicken Man wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:16 am I don't think Clovis was the only one dimensional villain around here, Hayate. 🤣
I'm a one dimensional villain for getting too damn invested in the story.
Screw me for caring, right?
There's caring about the story and then there's throwing a little tantrum and proclaiming your gonna get the hell outta dodge when thing don't go your way.

(mods feel free strike me down if you must, but it had to be said.)
the lurking furry railroader

Hayate
The Hidden User

#68 Post by Hayate »

stlsf4003 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:56 am
Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:28 am
Chicken Man wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:16 am
This is over. Any more comments of this nature will result in an account warning and a 7 day ban. Everyone take some time to calm down.

~Hayate
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Wolffan
Traveler

#69 Post by Wolffan »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:53 pm

Errm... there _was_ a reason. Clovis stated it. He _liked_, possibly loved, in the small way that he could, Brutus. And he considered that to be a weakness. See the last panel of 1134. Clovis might like Brutus, but he dislikes weakness more. So he removed the weakness.
There is only one! :natani: