Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for November 7, 2020: Closing In

#16 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:35 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:42 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:34 pm It sounds like she might be thinking of blasting the ceiling. This would make some narrative sense as it could bring them right into the conflict between Trace and Detritus.

Also, Tom is really trolling with that first panel. Almost makes you think that Stoney was killed by Detritus' attack from the last page but then you realize it's just one of the stone lizards in the Oasis Room. Guess Stoney's fate is up in the air for a few weeks (hopefully he'll at least survive long enough to interact with Maddie and Karen again, it'd be interesting to see how they react to Stoney being an ally).
Stoney is basically a dog. She was just defending his master property before. I am pretty sure that once Trace appropriately introduces Karen and Maddie to him he will act like a lapdog around these kids. Granted they will probably still gonna be scared of him but you can't have everything in this life.
Probably, but just because we have an idea of what they'll do doesn't mean it won't be interesting to see it actually play out. I mean it's going to be funny to see them go "You're friends with THAT thing that attacked us?". Doubly so when you consider they're both watching the rest of the group hold out against an entire army of them in the Oasis Room.
Oh totally agree!
It will be kinda hard for Trace to convince them that stony is just a big stone lizard-shape puppy. And to convince stony they are his friends.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#17 Post by Elemental Templar »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:07 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:35 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:42 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:34 pm It sounds like she might be thinking of blasting the ceiling. This would make some narrative sense as it could bring them right into the conflict between Trace and Detritus.

Also, Tom is really trolling with that first panel. Almost makes you think that Stoney was killed by Detritus' attack from the last page but then you realize it's just one of the stone lizards in the Oasis Room. Guess Stoney's fate is up in the air for a few weeks (hopefully he'll at least survive long enough to interact with Maddie and Karen again, it'd be interesting to see how they react to Stoney being an ally).
Stoney is basically a dog. She was just defending his master property before. I am pretty sure that once Trace appropriately introduces Karen and Maddie to him he will act like a lapdog around these kids. Granted they will probably still gonna be scared of him but you can't have everything in this life.
Probably, but just because we have an idea of what they'll do doesn't mean it won't be interesting to see it actually play out. I mean it's going to be funny to see them go "You're friends with THAT thing that attacked us?". Doubly so when you consider they're both watching the rest of the group hold out against an entire army of them in the Oasis Room.
Oh totally agree!
It will be kinda hard for Trace to convince them that stony is just a big stone lizard-shape puppy. And to convince stony they are his friends.
I imagine since Stoney was Enchanted to life by Nora, me might end up just going full-on doggy tackle towards Reni and start licking her. Which would solve the problem of convincing the group that he isn't a threat.

As for blasting the ceiling, while I was also going towards that train of thought; there does remain the problem of Reni being unable to fly them out of the room. As we learned back chapter 19, she can't carry a lot of people, even less so without her saddle bags on top of her injuries.

So while blasting the ceiling may give them an exit, reaching it may be another obstacle.

(unless Tom's got some kind of Chekov's Gun, we're forgetting about?)
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

steelabjur
Council Member

#18 Post by steelabjur »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:12 am
jacobc62 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:49 am The thing is that they HAVE been hitting where the door used to be. Therefore, with the door done, there's no need for the wall to be thinned out, thus making it as solid as the other three. Red could also be correct about the walls regenerating after being damaged, albeit not noticeably.
We don't actually know what happened to the door. All we do know is that they can't perceive it. Doesn't mean it's been removed, could just be some powerful magic disguising it from all senses.
I think I've suggested it before, but I suspect that the illusion hiding the door is probably cloaking the walls as well, making it seem like the party haven't done any significant damage to them/that they're healing the damage they have done. Negating and repairing the massive damage that Red and Natani have been throwing at the walls would probably be more costly in magic power and attention than running an illusion that makes it seem that they've been ineffective, especially in the room specifically made for running illusions. Since Detritus has been redirecting mana from all over the estate for the project of turning Maren into Saria (that how Clovis was able to get in, remember?), it makes sense for him to use the "low power" option to stimy them escaping. Raine might have just seen through it, just like she saw through Carver's Templar illusion.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#19 Post by tony1695 »

steelabjur wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:44 am
tony1695 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:12 am
jacobc62 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:49 am The thing is that they HAVE been hitting where the door used to be. Therefore, with the door done, there's no need for the wall to be thinned out, thus making it as solid as the other three. Red could also be correct about the walls regenerating after being damaged, albeit not noticeably.
We don't actually know what happened to the door. All we do know is that they can't perceive it. Doesn't mean it's been removed, could just be some powerful magic disguising it from all senses.
I think I've suggested it before, but I suspect that the illusion hiding the door is probably cloaking the walls as well, making it seem like the party haven't done any significant damage to them/that they're healing the damage they have done. Negating and repairing the massive damage that Red and Natani have been throwing at the walls would probably be more costly in magic power and attention than running an illusion that makes it seem that they've been ineffective, especially in the room specifically made for running illusions. Since Detritus has been redirecting mana from all over the estate for the project of turning Maren into Saria (that how Clovis was able to get in, remember?), it makes sense for him to use the "low power" option to stimy them escaping. Raine might have just seen through it, just like she saw through Carver's Templar illusion.
Speaking of, is that simply something any sufficiently powerful mage can pull off, or might being able to see through illusions be a talent unique to Raine? I can see the logic of her being a child of two worlds, and thus being better suited to seeing things as they really are, but whether it's tied to that specific part of her or just her immense mana pool...
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD