The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Comic for October 24, 2020: Detritus and Stone

#1 Post by steelabjur »

Sketch link.

Stoney to the rescue!

Also, the three of us: So Trace, Detritus, and Rose?

Eclipse
Templar Master

Re: Comic for October 24, 2020: Detritus and Stone

#2 Post by Eclipse »

Not sure I'd call getting stabbed in what would be his heart (do stone lizards even have a heart?) "rescue". I'm actually kind of worried about him, that attack looked like it could kill him. And remember that he bruised Maddie's ribs (who is a Basitin and has superhuman defenses), so those tentacles are no joke. Stoney's getting Worf'd big time here.

Yeah, I assume he means Trace, Detritus, and Rose. Interesting that he says that he's the only one who wants to continue the plan. Meaning Rose doesn't either. Not entirely surprising, but it does beg the question, if she agreed to this plan previously and doesn't anymore, what happened? Did she just have a change of heart or did something else happen?

steelabjur
Council Member

#3 Post by steelabjur »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:48 pm Not sure I'd call getting stabbed in what would be his heart (do stone lizards even have a heart?) "rescue". I'm actually kind of worried about him, that attack looked like it could kill him. And remember that he bruised Maddie's ribs (who is a Basitin and has superhuman defenses), so those tentacles are no joke. Stoney's getting Worf'd big time here.

Yeah, I assume he means Trace, Detritus, and Rose. Interesting that he says that he's the only one who wants to continue the plan. Meaning Rose doesn't either. Not entirely surprising, but it does beg the question, if she agreed to this plan previously and doesn't anymore, what happened? Did she just have a change of heart or did something else happen?
I'd assume Stoney is superior to Trace's copies, and they were taking more serious hits from a dragon than that.

Well, previously Rose only had Saria, now she has Raine. Seeing that Trace completely changed too, maybe she changed her mind?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:06 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:48 pm Not sure I'd call getting stabbed in what would be his heart (do stone lizards even have a heart?) "rescue". I'm actually kind of worried about him, that attack looked like it could kill him. And remember that he bruised Maddie's ribs (who is a Basitin and has superhuman defenses), so those tentacles are no joke. Stoney's getting Worf'd big time here.

I'd assume Stoney is superior to Trace's copies, and they were taking more serious hits from a dragon than that.

Well, previously Rose only had Saria, now she has Raine. Seeing that Trace completely changed too, maybe she changed her mind?
Based on what we've seen, I think there were only the three of them in the manor when everything started to go down. Not including Nora, but I'd assume she wasn't part of this necromancy plot.

That said, if Rose really was the "third" of the three, I'd assume Trace fed her some lines about how she died before her time, and "have to save the child" or something. Probably with a bit of brainwashing and/or propaganda of some kind. But seeing who he is now, and Raine, and.. "seeing the life return to him" as-it-were, I'm sure she's returned to her true self. At the very least, she seems seemed, last we saw her, that she was still quite alive and capable of thinking for herself. Especially with her restrictions removed.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Old Trace was many things but stupid was not one of them. He seems to have realized a creature as independent as detritus could not be trusted in the long term and used him only as a backup and most likely only cause he didn't have anything else.

With Rose, unlike shadow trace detritus he placed a load of restrictions on her to keep her from interfering.As such I doubt this pact was voluntary and was broken when Trace removed Rose restrictions earlier. Besides I just can't imagine Trace asking nicely about this, nor her accepting, perhaps as Mr bell puts it she was brainwashed a bit or she resigned herself to help after the fact. Maybe she hoped Saria would help Trace see reason.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#6 Post by tony1695 »

I don't think the situation is as dire as it seems. Past!Trace, for all his shortcomings, would have been paranoid enough to install some kind of failsafe should any of his creations/minions turned on him. What we might see soon is Detritus being unravelled and desperately trying to take Trace with him.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Zaigan »

Yeah, it really seems like Rose might have agreed on some level to this plan. She probably regrets it now. Unless the third part is the Dark Trace in regular Trace, but that probably wasn't a separate entity at the time? Although, he channeled dark magic that made him evil in the first place after Saria died, so the Dark self inside Trace could have broken off before the memory loss. Maybe he's a better version of what Detritus is, since they have a similar sort of speech bubble design.

Still probably Rose. It would make her more morally complicated, and a bit less of a pure victim, even if this didn't work out as well as she would want.

I think Stoney might die... even though the other ones reconstructed. Trace's shade is probably more magically potent than Red or Natani. Nora's magic could work differently since it's not corrupted. Plus, that would be sad. Maybe Nora could repair him when she wakes up... hopefully not thousands of years in the future.

Panther
Merchant

#8 Post by Panther »

Well : hard to say if this dark dart is gone through Stoney's body or if it's crashed against ? It will be a fight between a creature from Nora against an one from "old" Trace ; and we don't know yet if Rose will enter it , then which side she'll choose ........ :nora: :reni:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:42 am I don't think the situation is as dire as it seems. Past!Trace, for all his shortcomings, would have been paranoid enough to install some kind of failsafe should any of his creations/minions turned on him. What we might see soon is Detritus being unravelled and desperately trying to take Trace with him.
Well if it were old!trace he could probably flick his wrist and blow detritus to kingdom come
But this situation is way off plan. Detritus should not even be active nor Rose be without her restrictions.
And of course Trace himself should be heading the operation not eloping with his pregnant girlfriend.
Do not get me wrong I do not doubt traces paranoia but the plan I so off course that I doubt he had any precautions for this particular scenario.

In any case I do hope we get to see good old genocidal maniac Trace and no only discount bin necro-siri Shado!Trace detritus.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by aitaituo »

Rose was the slave of a genocidal necromancer. She had no life outside of Trace and was approaching her own death. If someone who has total control over your life offers to make you live indefinitely and bring your best friend back to life, are you really going to say no? It's not clear that Rose is even essential the plan.

trantor
Apprentice

#11 Post by trantor »

Panther wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am Well : hard to say if this dark dart is gone through Stoney's body or if it's crashed against ? It will be a fight between a creature from Nora against an one from "old" Trace ; and we don't know yet if Rose will enter it , then which side she'll choose ........ :nora: :reni:
I think that Detruis Dart broke and didn't penetrate Stoney that deep. She isn't killed that easily.

Kyrit
Templar

#12 Post by Kyrit »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 am Rose was the slave of a genocidal necromancer. She had no life outside of Trace and was approaching her own death. If someone who has total control over your life offers to make you live indefinitely and bring your best friend back to life, are you really going to say no? It's not clear that Rose is even essential the plan.
Rose isn't a slave, or at least wasn't. She worked for Saria before either of them even met Trace. We do not know if Rose personally made the choice to stick around after Saria died or if Trace forced her to (though Detritus is at least implying she had a choice in this), but we do know that Rose was not Saria's slave and therefore not Trace's either

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Kyrit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:43 pm
aitaituo wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 am Rose was the slave of a genocidal necromancer. She had no life outside of Trace and was approaching her own death. If someone who has total control over your life offers to make you live indefinitely and bring your best friend back to life, are you really going to say no? It's not clear that Rose is even essential the plan.
Rose isn't a slave, or at least wasn't. She worked for Saria before either of them even met Trace. We do not know if Rose personally made the choice to stick around after Saria died or if Trace forced her to (though Detritus is at least implying she had a choice in this), but we do know that Rose was not Saria's slave and therefore not Trace's either
It is true Rose was not slave when Saria was alive and honestly I doubt Trace would have enslaved her out of respect for his dead wife best friends. Of course that was before the whole necromancy thing.
Anyhow my point is that we don't know how their relationship changed when Saria died. Considering she is now part of the state as some undead experiment we can assume that not for the better but still we do not know what happened between Saria's death and rose's undeath. And there is the possibility she is undead(?) by choice

(?)we do not even now if she is undead or simply on magic life support
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#14 Post by Hulk10 »

This comic is concerning.....
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.