Filler for October 22, 2020: Twokinds 17th Anniversary!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

fezzick

Filler for October 22, 2020: Twokinds 17th Anniversary!

#1 Post by fezzick »

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/17thann/

Wow, love it! When it took a moment to load I thought it was going to animate or something...but then I started poking at it, and there's so much to see! Don't forget to look up and down too! Also, "Why are you trying to read this?" :D

Congratulations on 17 years, and thanks for all the great comics/characters/moments that keep making me come back!

Piece_of_Paper
Citizen

Re: Filler for October 22, 2020: Twokinds 17th Anniversary!

#2 Post by Piece_of_Paper »

"Love It!" :heart: does not give enough feeling I want to say about today's post. :heart: .
All the characters are here. Including Nibbs :squirrel: and the sack of potatoes. :potatoes: (COOL!) 8)
Probably more ... if I see it right. Whos eyes hide in the upper left hand corner? :o Even with the slight zoom effect, I don't see a form.
Been looking in all directions. Inside and outside. Not sure Reni :reni: can fit through the door. (She'll need to reform into human again, I think.)
Make sure you get a piece of cake!!! Looks good.
OH ... I see it now. It's a cat in the upper left hand corner!!!

This message has been edited.
Can I borrow a piece of paper?
This would drive my professor nuts ..."It's A Sheet Of Paper!"
So I use that screen name else where.

amenon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by amenon »

Happy Twokinds Day!
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#4 Post by Neutral Smith »

Simply beautiful.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

Looked at this at work, took FOREVER to load, but holy CROW was it worth it. Absolutely phenomenal. How do you even DO this?

I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done. Well done, indeed.

(we need a "hat tip" emoticon)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#6 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

maaaad props to tom for coming up with this. It looks freaking insane, and lots of little details hidden in the background. :)

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

SangheiliSpecOp
Traveler

#7 Post by SangheiliSpecOp »

I don't typically post here, but I just wanted to say that this panoramic is amazing! I am on my phone and also poked around and accidentally moved it around. My mind is totally blown right now, i feel like I'm there lol. Happy anniversary!

InTheLionsDen

#8 Post by InTheLionsDen »

Now we see what Tom was working towards when he was experimenting with the Basitin Isle panorama last week. This is fantastic.

I was going to ask if anyone knew what had been removed resulting in the broken railing and claw slashes in front of Karen :karen: but then I looked at page 863 where the room was shown in the comic for the first time and the railing is broken there as well. There probably is an interesting story about whatever incident resulted in that but it is one we might never know.

Diabolicon
Citizen

#9 Post by Diabolicon »

This is cool! I like Mini-Nora watching everything from the chandelier. I don't see the LT. though.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#10 Post by Kellard »

This is easily the best filler page ever. I love it!
He apparently stayed up all night working on it. Came out great.

Also, unrelated but, good lord I had not seen some of you around like ever. Specially surprised by fezzick posting something after 7 years.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#11 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I did not expected this
This is really surprising really.

Normally this stuff are simply flat images warped into a sphere. Specialized hardware like 360 cameras do most of the work. But you can tell if that is the case since there are visible artifacts on the top and the bottom of the image.
This seems something far more sophisticated. Like several drawings overlayed in a true 3D scene like a virtual diorama.
Quite impressive really. I also wonder how come he deployed it to the site. Browsers are not known for rendering this type of stuff
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#12 Post by tony1695 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:47 am I did not expected this
This is really surprising really.

Normally this stuff are simply flat images warped into a sphere. Specialized hardware like 360 cameras do most of the work. But you can tell if that is the case since there are visible artifacts on the top and the bottom of the image.
This seems something far more sophisticated. Like several drawings overlayed in a true 3D scene like a virtual diorama.
Quite impressive really. I also wonder how come he deployed it to the site. Browsers are not known for rendering this type of stuff
Someone posted the... 'static' (what is the right word) version over on e621 (not gonna provide a link, not sure if allowed) and it's really interesting how it looks.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#13 Post by DragnMastralex »

I zoomed in to see the details of the balcony then i turned right and got a face full of boobs... BEST FILLER EVER!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by aitaituo »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:08 amSomeone posted the... 'static' (what is the right word) version over on e621 (not gonna provide a link, not sure if allowed) and it's really interesting how it looks.
Is that really the raw image or did someone render the panorama back into a flat image? The panorama version does not seem to have any indication of curvature in the floor near the door, but they are obviously very curved in the flat picture on e621. The way some of the characters kind of pop like they are flat images in a 3D space suggests TechnicBot is onto something with multiple images making up the panorama.

trantor
Apprentice

#15 Post by trantor »

:D :heart: :D
Really great Filler. I just wanted to click it away as I realised that it is an 360° picture. Absolute great job. Love it!

And Reni's shy peeking inside - as if she is looking who is already there and that she can't see Nora :nora: (because she lies in the chandelier)