Comic for October 10, 2020: Body Snatcher

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for October 10, 2020: Body Snatcher

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

deathbyflossing
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for October 10, 2020: Body Snatcher

#2 Post by deathbyflossing »

Just like Tom said, Trace is literally confronting the monster he used to be. This seems like a watershed moment for the comic. Trace’s character arc is going to complete here, with him triumphing over the monstrosity of his past and declaring himself a new man. I feel like we might be coming close to the conclusion of the comic, or at least the countdown to the climax.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#3 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Oh man this is a good page. Interesting, we now know why Trace woke up in a forest, the masks wiped his memory on the way to take Maren. Huh.
Also, dark trace is really tall.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Less the conclusion of the whole comic, and more so the conclusion of an arc. There are a lot of plotlines yet to be explored.

But I do hope Trace can come to terms with the crap he used to do, and fight it properly. He seems to be in a bit of disbelief as to what was going on in his own mind. And Shadow Trace seems to have other plans, as well...

Well, now we really do know why Trace was out there in the first place. I guess killing Flora, as Neutral said, was just a little side quest for him.

And I disagree with Shadow here. She's strong-willed and a bit hard-headed, but I wouldn't call her obnoxious.. Not nearly as much as Karen was, anyway. I kinda wonder what Maren saw in him, though. Clearly she didn't know his full intentions, but what side did he show her?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#5 Post by CrRAR »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:10 pm I kinda wonder what Maren saw in him, though. Clearly she didn't know his full intentions, but what side did he show her
Probably just the power-hungry upper-class Duke bad boy energy. 8) :wink:

EDIT
...plus he taunted Karen and gave her ears, so maybe any such attempted torments amused her.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#6 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:10 pm Less the conclusion of the whole comic, and more so the conclusion of an arc. There are a lot of plotlines yet to be explored.

But I do hope Trace can come to terms with the crap he used to do, and fight it properly. He seems to be in a bit of disbelief as to what was going on in his own mind. And Shadow Trace seems to have other plans, as well...

Well, now we really do know why Trace was out there in the first place. I guess killing Flora, as Neutral said, was just a little side quest for him.

And I disagree with Shadow here. She's strong-willed and a bit hard-headed, but I wouldn't call her obnoxious.. Not nearly as much as Karen was, anyway. I kinda wonder what Maren saw in him, though. Clearly she didn't know his full intentions, but what side did he show her?
I am all for Trace but.. I am not so sure he can overcome his inner darkness just yet. do not get me wrong I am pretty he will try to fight his dark side now but I am not sure he will win. Eventually most likely but at least not now....
I think the whole climax of this chapter, and the whole point of it, will be having to fight regressed Dark Trace.

I imagine Trace went for a walk saw Flora an thought "Some light entertainment before returning to the manor" and the Neutral struck.

I think that is how Trace looked at her. And obnoxious, frigid, and combative woman who was loved by no one. And i am gonna agree with Mr CRar here. He probably gave him his best bad boy look and Maren melted, figuratively, at his feet. And Karen is just an spoiled child, barely raised by her sister. i am surprised she is not worse.

The worst part if all this is Mare is not any bartender from a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. If i remember correctly Maren is Red's childhood friend probably even family. And Red is Traces friend from way back, Templar college or whatever it is called. So he had no remorse in stealing the body of Maren best friend childhood friend/cousin....
That is dark.
TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:07 pm Oh man this is a good page. Interesting, we now know why Trace woke up in a forest, the masks wiped his memory on the way to take Maren. Huh.
Also, dark trace is really tall.

I assume dark Trace made shadow Trace taller, just because he liked being tall. My reading of old!Trace is a powerfull mage with grandiouse delusions.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#7 Post by tony1695 »

All that remains to be seen here is if Detritus is going to obey. Odds are Past!Trace set things up so not even an admin command could stop the process. Alternatively, stopping the process could just straight-up kill Maren at this point.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#8 Post by Bellhead »

That's a good point. We don't know how far along the ritual is, nor what the effects are on Maren prior to its completion, or what Shadow Trace Detritus is doing to her at this point.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#9 Post by Eclipse »

deathbyflossing wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:01 pm Just like Tom said, Trace is literally confronting the monster he used to be. This seems like a watershed moment for the comic. Trace’s character arc is going to complete here, with him triumphing over the monstrosity of his past and declaring himself a new man. I feel like we might be coming close to the conclusion of the comic, or at least the countdown to the climax.
Not even close. This is a big climactic moment for the comic, but it doesn't look like the end in the slightest. Because even if he defeats Detritus and stops the ritual, what about the rest of the Templar? Brahn isn't just going to suddenly stop because Trace didn't complete his ritual. And even if his fight against Detritus ends up wiping out Brahn and his men (which is highly unlikely anyway, as that would be an anticlimactic end to that plot thread), what about the other Master Templars? Euchre and Sirus appear to be allies, but they have some kind of ulterior motive and they may end up coming in conflict with Trace and co. later. And we haven't even seen the Master Mage.

If anything, I think we're at about the halfway point. Trace has now seen just how far his old self has sunk, and now his followers are running amok throughout Mekkan. After this chapter, he'll probably be motivated to clean up the mess he made and defeat the remaining Templar. To do that he'll need an army, so I suspect the next arc of the comic is going to involve him trying to unite the various races of Keidran and Basitin to accomplish this.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#10 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:28 pm All that remains to be seen here is if Detritus is going to obey. Odds are Past!Trace set things up so not even an admin command could stop the process. Alternatively, stopping the process could just straight-up kill Maren at this point.
More likely a glitch or bug. By Shadow!Trace really preferred that name Detritus own admission he is not as good as whatever Trace did whit Rose and he was only meant to start if Rose break free from his restrictions. I imagine shadow trace believes he is somehow a part of OG!Trace and that somehow he is broken now and will try to restore Blue!Trace running out of names here back into Dark!Trace OK this got ridiculous real fast and, as i mentioned before, I think he will, at least partially, succeed.

I kinda hope it will...
It would be nice for Trace to fight his outer demons, so to speak, so he could then fight his inner demons, later. It is an interesting concept but I would really rather if he were to actually fight his actual dark side, no his edgy necro-AI.
Bellhead wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:46 pm That's a good point. We don't know how far along the ritual is, nor what the effects are on Maren prior to its completion, or what Shadow Trace Detritus is doing to her at this point.
I think right now Maren is simply suspended. But it is true, we do not know what exactly the ritual is supposed to Maren during of after it. Maybe it will even bound her soul to the state and convert it in a more long term solution than Rose.
Eclipse wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:01 pm
deathbyflossing wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:01 pm Just like Tom said, Trace is literally confronting the monster he used to be. This seems like a watershed moment for the comic. Trace’s character arc is going to complete here, with him triumphing over the monstrosity of his past and declaring himself a new man. I feel like we might be coming close to the conclusion of the comic, or at least the countdown to the climax.
Not even close. This is a big climactic moment for the comic, but it doesn't look like the end in the slightest. Because even if he defeats Detritus and stops the ritual, what about the rest of the Templar? Brahn isn't just going to suddenly stop because Trace didn't complete his ritual. And even if his fight against Detritus ends up wiping out Brahn and his men (which is highly unlikely anyway, as that would be an anticlimactic end to that plot thread), what about the other Master Templars? Euchre and Sirus appear to be allies, but they have some kind of ulterior motive and they may end up coming in conflict with Trace and co. later. And we haven't even seen the Master Mage.

If anything, I think we're at about the halfway point. Trace has now seen just how far his old self has sunk, and now his followers are running amok throughout Mekkan. After this chapter, he'll probably be motivated to clean up the mess he made and defeat the remaining Templar. To do that he'll need an army, so I suspect the next arc of the comic is going to involve him trying to unite the various races of Keidran and Basitin to accomplish this.
If this were a video game, this is the point of the story were the hero stops faffin around and finally gets set on the quest to recover the 7 Mc-Muffins or kill the 5 evil generals so he can bring peace to the realm and seal away the darkness or something like that....
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#11 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:12 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:01 pm Not even close. This is a big climactic moment for the comic, but it doesn't look like the end in the slightest. Because even if he defeats Detritus and stops the ritual, what about the rest of the Templar? Brahn isn't just going to suddenly stop because Trace didn't complete his ritual. And even if his fight against Detritus ends up wiping out Brahn and his men (which is highly unlikely anyway, as that would be an anticlimactic end to that plot thread), what about the other Master Templars? Euchre and Sirus appear to be allies, but they have some kind of ulterior motive and they may end up coming in conflict with Trace and co. later. And we haven't even seen the Master Mage.

If this were a video game, this is the point of the story were the hero stops faffin around and finally gets set on the quest to recover the 7 Mc-Muffins or kill the 5 evil generals so he can bring peace to the realm and seal away the darkness or something like that....
Which is pretty much what I was saying. This story kind of has a 5 Evil Generals with the Master Templar, and after this chapter he'd definitely want to defeat them and put an end to the madness he caused. So yeah, that sounds about right.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#12 Post by RowanEx »

I don't know if anyone noticed or anything, but the color for Trace's left eye is not blue but rather a teal green. Maybe it's the light, but it seems good enough to say.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Zaigan »

Yeah, I mean they are pretty close to Lyn'Knoll and all their enemies are congregating in one place. A lot of things are potentially drawing to a close. A lot of things could still happen on that final leg of the journey, though. Then again, the plot with the Masks seemed to hinge on Trace and Flora's child, so maybe there's more potential in a continuation or time skip on that point? Of course, there's something to be said for leaving some things unresolved, as well.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#14 Post by Sky Shatter »

That last panel. The bones and stuff is creepy, but looking into the empty, glowing eyes of your own shade is an entirely different kind of heebee-jeebies. Well done, Tom.

Taven
Citizen

#15 Post by Taven »

You know, all this talk of Detritus reminds me of something..from another game actually..Streetfighter 5, And Evil Ryu Kage...moreso, a quote from Akuma/Gouki. "You are nothing but a soulless silhouette." Detritus isn't exactly Dark Trace..at least I don't think so. Like Evil Ryu Kage in SF 5, Detritus is likely a physical manifestation of the darkness within Trace...his wants and desires of that time in his life..or at least a singular desire. Being rid of him won't be the end won't be the end of Trace's arc...although for some reason I do believe at the moment of Detritus' destruction there will be a sort of feed-back that will awaken more of Trace's memories, probably kick-starting his desire to clean up his mess.