The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for September 23, 2020: Hunted

#1 Post by Bellhead »

I did NOT expect to wake up to this.

Looks like Sythe wasn't completely out cold anyway. Injured, I can see, considering he was almost hit with a fireball, but he's already standing, so either he's not seriously hurt or he's REALLY good away hiding his injuries. Either's possible, I suppose.

Now, to me it seems the twins don't exactly see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, given what we've seen of them. Defiant soldiers, I'd call them. That said, I wonder how Clovis feels about this behavior... He seems like he wouldn't stand for it in the slightest, but there's quite a lack of discipline between these two. Does he even notice? Has he been oblivious nice TDM?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for September 23, 2020: Hunted

#2 Post by jacobc62 »

Good news, Sythe's alive!

Bad news? Remus has a boner for murder......
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

Just how bad are Sythe's injuries? It looks like he only hit the wall behind him, but to throw him back the spell had to have been a forceful one. So, bruised/cracked ribs and the beginnings of a concussion?

Also, these guys seem to me like the perfect mix of capable and expendable. Clovis wouldn't lose any sleep if they got horribly killed, and likely only brought them along to push into the fire to save his own greasy hide.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

steelabjur
Council Member

#4 Post by steelabjur »

jacobc62 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 am Good news, Sythe's alive!

Bad news? Remus has a boner for murder......
Also on the good news/bad news train,

Good news, the Wolf Twins seem to only want to grab Zen and drag him off rather than murder him in his bed.

Bad News, Clovis wants to drag Zen off someplace and do who-knows-what to him...

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#5 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

God no... This chapter is already tense enough, we didn't need Clovis and these guys in *this* chapter! This level of tension and additional threat is unnecessary with the guardians and the nightmarish danger Trace and Flora were dragged into immediately after getting engaged...
Stop it, this year is already bad enough.... (;_;)

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by TheMouse »

Oh that boy is dead. Maren is tapped into the house. And while she doesn't have the control or power Rose did/does, I don't doubt she can manipulate things to [censored] this guy up good.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Bellhead »

TheMouse wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:07 pm Oh that boy is dead. Maren is tapped into the house. And while she doesn't have the control or power Rose did/does, I don't doubt she can manipulate things to [censored] this guy up good.
He'll be fine. If he was able to get up that quickly, he's got at least enough strength to hide and grab a weapon.

As far as Maren goes, though, I don't even think she's connected to the house, more like being stored in it. It seemed to me like someone or something was using her image in that scene, likely just portraying her like Rose seems to have been doing. But though Rose could manipulate the manor in a variety of ways, I doubt Dark Trace would have allowed such things to be possible, knowing how paranoid he was. Makes me wonder if he had a backup plan in case the manor was infiltrated...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#8 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:43 amLooks like Sythe wasn't completely out cold anyway. Injured, I can see, considering he was almost hit with a fireball, but he's already standing, so either he's not seriously hurt or he's REALLY good away hiding his injuries. Either's possible, I suppose.
I think Sythe actually might be more hurt than that. He's not standing - if you look at the drapery visible in the last panel and compare it to the second panel, he's actually sitting leaning back against the wall since his head is below the point where the drapery is gathered up. So combined with the smears on the floor, it looks like he just managed to drag himself around the corner and prop himself up against the wall without actually standing up. And while I know in this story people's injuries have been a bit plot-driven, he really could be in trouble on that front. He got blasted into a wall which could easily result in things like a concussion or broken bones, and he got blasted there *by an explosion* which ought to result in shrapnel wounds from the railing and possible internal injuries from the blast. And he probably ought to be stone deaf right at the moment, even if not permanently. The fact that he hasn't gotten up and run away yet also seems to me to mean that he probably *can't*, at least not yet, because if he *could* then he likely would have.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#9 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Well worth the wait, this page.

Sythe? I don’t see a way for him to get out, short of some else intervening (yeah right, they’re all locked away). Possibly twin one might convince twin 2 to abandon his chase so Clovis doesn’t blast them to kingdom come, but that’s an unlikely reality.

But if he dies I dun care.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#10 Post by MaverickMopete »

I hope he at least managed to grab his towel again.

Getting murdered is one thing.

Getting murdered while naked is just insult to... well, death.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Bellhead »

To be fair, casual nudity is not a major deal for keidran. Granted, we don't see many naked males in public, but I doubt it's that big of a deal for them.

That said, Muon brings up some good points. Looking at it again, Sythe's eyes look... well, empty. Like he's barely conscious. Given what he just went though, and that he can barely even sit up against a wall, he's definitely worse off than I initially thought.. Not good.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#12 Post by Eclipse »

Man, everyone in this chapter wants the main cast dead. The stone guardians, Dark Trace, maybe Rose, Clovis and his minions. It'd be a miracle if the entire cast makes it out alive, and several of them are probably not going to make it out unscathed (we already know Sythe isn't).

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#13 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well unexpected page on Wednesday. Not that I am complaining thought.

Muon has a good point. The fireball did not burned sythe into a charcoal briquette, Clovis was not likely paying too much attention. But was hit by the explosion shockwave. Those kind of things have the tendency of leaving internal injuries that are not visible so yeah Sythe Is likely incapable to defend himself at the moment.
My guess is that he will be saved by Zen/Kay/Eric(?) As those are the only ones who we have not seen in a while.
I mean neither is a capable fighter at the moment but remus is begging to be ambushed.
Or we may jump back to Trace and Sythe fate will be left In The air.

Also I am kinda glad we have not gone back to the necromancy ritual. Do not get me wrong Sythe getting almost killed is not nice but is way better than whatever eldritch abomination old trace prepared.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Kyrit
Templar

#14 Post by Kyrit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:57 pm My guess is that he will be saved by Zen/Kay/Eric(?) As those are the only ones who we have not seen in a while.
There is one other possibility I haven't seen anyone mention;

Maybe we'll finally figure out exactly who/what Nibs is. The last time we saw her was in the beach room, but it wouldn't surprise me if she'd snuck out with Sythe and Maren. She's stuck so close to Sythe that it'd be feasible.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#15 Post by Hayate »

Omg, yes! If Nibbly is going to jump into action to save anyone, it would be Sythe! :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--