Comic for September 23, 2020: Hunted

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for September 23, 2020: Hunted

#16 Post by Zaigan »

Poor Sythe, he just wanted to smash... but not into a wall. I hope he can escape the death pupper. We haven't seen Nibbly for awhile, so maybe she will review her terrifying monster form now and save her beloved hapless wolfy. :squirrel:

steelabjur
Council Member

#17 Post by steelabjur »

Kyrit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:05 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:57 pm My guess is that he will be saved by Zen/Kay/Eric(?) As those are the only ones who we have not seen in a while.
There is one other possibility I haven't seen anyone mention;

Maybe we'll finally figure out exactly who/what Nibs is. The last time we saw her was in the beach room, but it wouldn't surprise me if she'd snuck out with Sythe and Maren. She's stuck so close to Sythe that it'd be feasible.
Also Scribe Lynn, who's probably the most martial of those mentioned and not injured.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#18 Post by tony1695 »

steelabjur wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 am Also Scribe Lynn, who's probably the most martial of those mentioned and not injured.
Fact of the matter is, we don't really know what Lynn is capable of. The closest we've seen to him getting into combat was dodging a bolas and Sealeen trying to use a pheromone-bomb on him. I find it near-impossible to think that he's only present for his bureaucratic know-how and to ease Keith back into Basitin culture. Could be he's a high-ranking member of whatever passes for their espionage branch.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#19 Post by aitaituo »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:51 am
steelabjur wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 am Also Scribe Lynn, who's probably the most martial of those mentioned and not injured.
Fact of the matter is, we don't really know what Lynn is capable of. The closest we've seen to him getting into combat was dodging a bolas and Sealeen trying to use a pheromone-bomb on him. I find it near-impossible to think that he's only present for his bureaucratic know-how and to ease Keith back into Basitin culture. Could be he's a high-ranking member of whatever passes for their espionage branch.
I would assume anyone previously affiliated with Alaric is a spy. Even Keith got roped into his schemes.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#20 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Zaigan wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:23 am Poor Sythe, he just wanted to smash... but not into a wall. I hope he can escape the death pupper. We haven't seen Nibbly for awhile, so maybe she will reveal her terrifying monster form now and save her beloved hapless wolfy. :squirrel:
I am a bit scared at the possibility of Nibs being an eldritch abomination that I'll inflict a life of torment on Remus , or was it romulus? especially considering what is happening back with Trace:
Necromancy, body snatching, murder, evil dark AI, human experimentation etc.
When Tom really wants to stuff gets a really dark really quickly
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#21 Post by MaverickMopete »

Bellhead wrote:To be fair, casual nudity is not a major deal for keidran.
True, but this isn't a casual situation. This is life or death.

steelabjur
Council Member

#22 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 pm
Zaigan wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:23 am Poor Sythe, he just wanted to smash... but not into a wall. I hope he can escape the death pupper. We haven't seen Nibbly for awhile, so maybe she will reveal her terrifying monster form now and save her beloved hapless wolfy. :squirrel:
I am a bit scared at the possibility of Nibs being an eldritch abomination that I'll inflict a life of torment on Remus , or was it romulus? especially considering what is happening back with Trace:
Necromancy, body snatching, murder, evil dark AI, human experimentation etc.
When Tom really wants to stuff gets a really dark really quickly
It was Remus going after Sythe. Romulus was sent to get Zenny.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#23 Post by Bellhead »

MaverickMopete wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 am
Ah yes, that is true. But also factor in, "Life and death situation", "I'm not wearing pants". :|
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#24 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:52 pm
MaverickMopete wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 am
Ah yes, that is true. But also factor in, "Life and death situation", "I'm not wearing pants". :|
I remember a couple of year we had several earthquakes in the city where i lived, the zone is highly seismic. These were early in the morning and also severe enough to require evacuation. Later that day on the news, and days later on memes on facebook. You could see a lot of people did not had time to dress up, and left their homes in their pajamas, their underwear or covered only by their bedsheets. So even in a life/death situation they tried to cover themselves.

Alas Sythe is not human and allegedly Keidran are casual about nudity. However we have never seen to what degree exactly. In any case Sythe was/is a diplomat for the humans and thus understand that other humans are uncomfortable with nudity. He is also a guest on a human house with humans around and has no way of knowing most of them are trapped fending golems on a holographic beach. I think he picked the towel to prevent seeming rude and/or not to scare the rest the party running around naked looking for Maren.
That being said I imagine Sythe got very different looks being naked on his home than being naked on a human settlement. So he may have eventually become uncomfortable not being at least a little bit dressed around humans he is not familiar with and/or outside socially accepted places for example beach parties.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide