What Will Happen Next After Everyone Leaves the Estate?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

Re: What Will Happen Next After Everyone Leaves the Estate?

#31 Post by FuryoftheStars »

I have to agree with Eclipse, I think this story is far from done. Personally, this all just feels like a major event to me, similar to the Basitin Island arc.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#32 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Yeah this is just another climax in the story. A high point if you will. We already had two of those before. On the basitin isles when trace when full killing machine and before when neutral possessed Flora.
I suppose we have enough story for at least 5 more years and that is considering Tom decides to starts warping up all the plot threads tomorrow else well we may be here for a really long while...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#33 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:30 pm Yeah this is just another climax in the story. A high point if you will. We already had two of those before. On the basitin isles when trace when full killing machine and before when neutral possessed Flora.
I suppose we have enough story for at least 5 more years and that is considering Tom decides to starts warping up all the plot threads tomorrow else well we may be here for a really long while...

My thoughts exactly. This is looks more like the climactic conclusion to one arc of the story, not to the entire story itself.

And considering how it usually takes about a year and a half for 1 chapter, 5 years feels too soon even. I'd say another 10-15 at this pace.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#34 Post by Yastreb »

I highly doubt the comic will turn into following some multi-partner diplomatic negotiations for the next several chapters/years. That feels awfully dry and tedious and not at all like Tom.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#35 Post by Eclipse »

Yastreb wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:05 pm I highly doubt the comic will turn into following some multi-partner diplomatic negotiations for the next several chapters/years. That feels awfully dry and tedious and not at all like Tom.
No, I don't think it would be entire chapters of diplomatic negotiations, that's boring. I think it would be more like the Basidian Islands arc, they go around to meet with the different races, they help them with various local conflicts, and then they ally with those races after helping them out.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#36 Post by Eclipse »

Again, quoting this here since this was already been discussed in this thread.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am Trace and Flora are still planning on heading for Lyn'knoll.
Long term, yes, everyone in the cast seems to be headed to Lyn'knoll. But I don't think they're headed there quite yet. They're probably going to stay in Edenmire to help deal with the aftermath of the attack, confront Brahn, and help Maeve rescue Adira.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am Keith (and Maddy, and Lyn) are Basitin diplomats, so they'll be staying (maybe moving to Morlin Hall?)
Their diplomatic status doesn't seem to have much bearing on where they're going, Keith is a close friend of Trace so I assume he'll want to stay with him.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am Kat will stick with Eric, barring any other developments. Mike may also do that.
Evals still wants to go home.
Eric offered to take Evals there, so the four of them will probably go to Dog Lands if Eric survives (there's a running theory that Eric might die because it's difficult to see what else can be done with him). If not, Evals might go himself on one of Eric's other ships. I doubt he'll be gone for good though.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am Rose likely can't leave (and if she can, she probably won't live long if she does).
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I don't think Rose and the Estate are going to last to the end of the chapter. Narratively, it's too convenient for Trace to have a magic fortress to hide behind. I see the Estate arc ending with a big boom that destroys the Estate, Rose, and Detritus.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am Reni (if she survives) will be returning to Morlin Hall.
Again, not quite yet, she still has to wrap up her investigation into the attacks first. She's trying to keep Brutus alive so she can get more information out of him, which will probably eventually lead her to Brahn. So for the time being, she probably stays with Trace, she probably won't go back to Morlin Hall until Brahn is dealt with at the earliest.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am I hope Maeve's alright. By the looks of things, Adira was forcibly detained, and there's no information on whether or not Maeve went with her. There's a possibility she may turn up at the estate looking for help.
Maeve doesn't seem to be arrested, she's going to request help from Trace. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom wants to keep her around long term too, so maybe Adira is out of the picture for a while?

Also what about Landen and Sealeen? They seem quite interested in Trace's actions and seem to like Lynn and Maddie, so I think they might stick around too.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#37 Post by Tornir »

Eclipse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:04 pm
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am Reni (if she survives) will be returning to Morlin Hall.
Again, not quite yet, she still has to wrap up her investigation into the attacks first. She's trying to keep Brutus alive so she can get more information out of him, which will probably eventually lead her to Brahn. So for the time being, she probably stays with Trace, she probably won't go back to Morlin Hall until Brahn is dealt with at the earliest.
Oh yes, Brutus...
If he survives, what's the chance he joins the party? The Boss he would've died for just tried to murder him; he'll realize he can't go back to the guild, and loyalty only goes so far.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am I hope Maeve's alright. By the looks of things, Adira was forcibly detained, and there's no information on whether or not Maeve went with her. There's a possibility she may turn up at the estate looking for help.
Maeve doesn't seem to be arrested, she's going to request help from Trace. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom wants to keep her around long term too, so maybe Adira is out of the picture for a while?
I've been thinking about this. There's the possibility the Riftwall Tavern gets destroyed.
It used to lead to another tavern in wolf territory, and it appears the wolves realized it's strategic value and shut it down when war broke out. Now they've used it as a bridgehead in an assault miles behind enemy lines (and it appears the humans still haven't figured out how valuable it is, or they'd have come in with an entire platoon of guards when they went to get Adira).
Now, Adira mentioned that it was reputed to be part of a larger network of riftwalls. If that's true (and it still exists) the wolves may open it up an throw a few fireballs through to stop it being captured and studied by the Templar. Or the Edinmere guard may finally get a clue, panic, and burn it down. If that happens, Adira and Maeve will be homeless, and potential members of the travelling party.
(Also, Maeve needs to be around to teach Flora's cub what tails are for.)
Eclipse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:04 pm Also what about Landen and Sealeen? They seem quite interested in Trace's actions and seem to like Lynn and Maddie, so I think they might stick around too.
Well, Sealeen seems to follow Landen, and Landen follows the coffee. As long as the Basitin's can keep the supply flowing, they're definitely going to be at least on the periphery.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 am
Oh yes, Brutus...
If he survives, what's the chance he joins the party? The Boss he would've died for just tried to murder him; he'll realize he can't go back to the guild, and loyalty only goes so far.
I've been thinking about this. There's the possibility the Riftwall Tavern gets destroyed.
It used to lead to another tavern in wolf territory, and it appears the wolves realized it's strategic value and shut it down when war broke out. Now they've used it as a bridgehead in an assault miles behind enemy lines (and it appears the humans still haven't figured out how valuable it is, or they'd have come in with an entire platoon of guards when they went to get Adira).
Now, Adira mentioned that it was reputed to be part of a larger network of riftwalls. If that's true (and it still exists) the wolves may open it up an throw a few fireballs through to stop it being captured and studied by the Templar. Or the Edinmere guard may finally get a clue, panic, and burn it down. If that happens, Adira and Maeve will be homeless, and potential members of the travelling party.
Eclipse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:04 pm Also what about Landen and Sealeen? They seem quite interested in Trace's actions and seem to like Lynn and Maddie, so I think they might stick around too.
Well, Sealeen seems to follow Landen, and Landen follows the coffee. As long as the Basitin's can keep the supply flowing, they're definitely going to be at least on the periphery.
My Pet theory with Brutus is he is either gonna be reanimated and will kill Clovis or simply is not death yet and will eventually be saved by Clovis sacrificing his life to save the only person he ever cared for him.

If i remember correctly the Riftwall lead to the tavern sister location, run by Adira sister, on the northern Tundra smack in the middle of the snow leopard territory, She also mentioned that those riftwalls were common but nowadays are definetely a rarity. I do expect the party will need to escape thorugh it after the manor falls either chased by a wolven attack the templars or something else. I suspect we will get Adira/Maeve as new members of the group of course after Adira is rescued from whoever took her.

Landen is the cheapest, and least effective, guard around. Cost a couple cups of coffe to hire but won't do much. I expect them, and the dragon girls from before, to become comedic relief if they choose to stay.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master

#39 Post by Tornir »

I could see Clovis sacrificing someone else's life to save Brutus... If he hadn't come to the estate with the express intention of killing him. Assuming he's currently just incapacitated by whatever poison was administered, his best hope is likely to be a victorious Reni. A reanimated Brutus is almost certainly going to be Detritus work, and D would call him upstairs to throw at Trace and Stoney; Clovis would be of minimal concern.

Landen delivering laconic one-liners over the rim of her cup while chaos erupts around them does have the potential for plenty of comic relief. Seraphina would be a bloody liability to have around. Arrogant, aggressive, and absolutely guaranteed not to listen to or co-operate with anyone except Reni.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#40 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 pm I could see Clovis sacrificing someone else's life to save Brutus... If he hadn't come to the estate with the express intention of killing him. Assuming he's currently just incapacitated by whatever poison was administered, his best hope is likely to be a victorious Reni. A reanimated Brutus is almost certainly going to be Detritus work, and D would call him upstairs to throw at Trace and Stoney; Clovis would be of minimal concern.
He killed Brutus because he realized he cares and it was shown they go back a long time. I am kinda of hoping we get some last minute redemption when he realizes he killed the only person in the world who really cared for him, sees him come back and in his first and last act of selflessness dies to protect him.
Tornir wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 pm Landen delivering laconic one-liners over the rim of her cup while chaos erupts around them does have the potential for plenty of comic relief. Seraphina would be a bloody liability to have around. Arrogant, aggressive, and absolutely guaranteed not to listen to or co-operate with anyone except Reni.
Taht would make her prime material for comic relief. Also i do not expect the fake trio to join but to follow the party at a distant and foil them from time to time. Like team rocket!
Also is Landen female?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master

#41 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:07 am He killed Brutus because he realized he cares and it was shown they go back a long time. I am kinda of hoping we get some last minute redemption when he realizes he killed the only person in the world who really cared for him, sees him come back and in his first and last act of selflessness dies to protect him.
That would be nice, but (to me) extremely surprising. You don't get to be the head of a crime guild, and the self-styled Prince of Greed by having a heart; it's bad for business.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:07 am Also is Landen female?
Now that you mention it...
Hair, features, and clothing are not unambiguously gendered, and I couldn't find any pronouns used in reference to them.
I guess until the comic makes reference to a gender, I'm going to have to go with Landen being they/them/caffeinated.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#42 Post by Eclipse »

Tornir wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 am
Oh yes, Brutus...
Hmm. Well he might want revenge on Clovis, past that though? Hard to say. My guess is he'd either want to stick with Natani and/or Zen out of familiarity, or perhaps Reni because she saved his life.
[/quote]

I mentioned this on a previous page, but I like the idea of Maeve being a big sister figure to Trace's child. That could lead to a lot of character development on her part. Taking this even further, I was floating around a potential time skip for the series of about 3 or 4 years
Tornir wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 pm Seraphina would be a bloody liability to have around. Arrogant, aggressive, and absolutely guaranteed not to listen to or co-operate with anyone except Reni.
Ehh, she might be helpful if she was working with Reni, she'll listen to Reni. And Reni, despite being a dragon, has human ancestors and acts more human than dragon, so I could see her sympathizing with Sarah and taking an interest in reforming her. In short, I think there might be a mutual interest in teaching Sarah everything she knows.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:07 am Also is Landen female?
I did some research on this, and in a Deviantart sketch, Tom refers to "Seraphina's mercs" in reference to human females in this series, so that pretty much confirms Landen is female.

https://www.deviantart.com/twokinds/art ... -705512212

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by aitaituo »

Eclipse wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:00 pm
I have been wondering whether the keidran who attacked the Riftwall were soldiers or just Clovis' goons.

Tornir
Master

#44 Post by Tornir »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 am I have been wondering whether the keidran who attacked the Riftwall were soldiers or just Clovis' goons.
I'm inclined to think they're goons.
This attack does nothing to aid the wolven war effort, and the wolves they "liberated" are likely to be just civilian internees, not military POWs (though Clovis may increase the guilds manwolfpower by taking a "We freed you, you owe us!" line).
My guess is Clovis was a contractor hired by Brahn to ensure the tigers came into the war on his side, and didn't remain neutral, or worse, side with the wolves.

It's possible the wolven military don't yet know they're now at war with the tigers.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#45 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:45 am
aitaituo wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 am I have been wondering whether the keidran who attacked the Riftwall were soldiers or just Clovis' goons.
I'm inclined to think they're goons.
This attack does nothing to aid the wolven war effort, and the wolves they "liberated" are likely to be just civilian internees, not military POWs (though Clovis may increase the guilds manwolfpower by taking a "We freed you, you owe us!" line).
My guess is Clovis was a contractor hired by Brahn to ensure the tigers came into the war on his side, and didn't remain neutral, or worse, side with the wolves.

It's possible the wolven military don't yet know they're now at war with the tigers.
They were dressed as edinmire guards. But given Adira is very well known in edinmire there is no reason for them to arrest her. Most like they are either Branhs loyalist or Clovis goons disguised as human

And yes All-Bran and Clovis are working together
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide