Comic for July 25, 2020: Watch Your Step

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic for July 25, 2020: Watch Your Step

#16 Post by CrRAR »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:36 am
Naldru wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:56 amSnip
That said, we don't know how she's appearing now, unless it's an illusion created either by Shadow Trace or Rose, for some reason. It's my personal theory that that red text, The body has been prepared, was said by Shadow Trace, who I assume is some kind of copy Dark Trace made for the purpose of assisting with his plans on account of he trusted absolutely nobody towards the end.
Something just occurred to me about the newest page, Tom I think specifically made revealing Maren’s eye(s)/full face delayed as a hint/tension building then reveals them in Panel 6 as “she” fades. They’re just plain bright white. Like ShadowTrace. Just thought it was an interesting parallel worth mentioning.

ImageImage

Could be a reveal indicating it’s shadowTrace taking her consciousness for a test drive :twisted: or maybe as others have mentioned possibly Maren just managing to squeak out a distress signal, or both!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#17 Post by Bellhead »

Alright, since nobody's brought it up yet..

I think we can take this as canon confirmation that Karen's bikini has in fact been changing color on its own. On the previous page, it was white, then yellow (depending on whether you blame that on lighting or not). Now, it starts blue and turns to a vibrant shade of purple. I would assume it's some kind of mana-infused cloth, but I wonder what decides the color... Is it just random? Or is there a pattern to it?

Also, Maren in panel 2. *whistles* That makes it much easier to see why Raine always considered her attractive.. Tom's art style has progressed quite far that she can look that good. Maybe she gave Sythe a "tiny human fetish"? :wink:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#18 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:21 am Alright, since nobody's brought it up yet..

I think we can take this as canon confirmation that Karen's bikini has in fact been changing color on its own. On the previous page, it was white, then yellow (depending on whether you blame that on lighting or not). Now, it starts blue and turns to a vibrant shade of purple. I would assume it's some kind of mana-infused cloth, but I wonder what decides the color... Is it just random? Or is there a pattern to it?

Also, Maren in panel 2. *whistles* That makes it much easier to see why Raine always considered her attractive.. Tom's art style has progressed quite far that she can look that good. Maybe she gave Sythe a "tiny human fetish"? :wink:
I think a color changing cloth matches her personality. But I am not sure if it is meant canon as, she picked up a magic color changing bikini, or if it is simply a visual gag.
By the way aren't there some real life stones that are supposed to change color with your mood? I mean as far as i can remember they are simply cheap quartzs that changes color with temperature. But I think it would be the same idea.

On the other hand Maren has looked better in other pages or sketches in this one she looks a bit scrawny in my opinion, considering the situation i considering it appropriate. But yeah i really like his style too!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide