Comic for June 27, 2020: The Painting Pt. 2

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for June 27, 2020: The Painting Pt. 2

#61 Post by Bellhead »

Not sure if those are additional glowing eyes, or just rose petals for atmosphere. Usually, when we see eyes we see a silhouette or something to indicate that they're eyes, so I think its safe to assume we only see one person there.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#62 Post by aitaituo »

I just don't buy any theory that Rose is still alive. Trace was an aspiring necromancer, guys.
oldfox1406 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:03 am Maybe Trace cut his proverbial necromancy teeth with Euchre. :)

Anyone else notice the red glow of Rose's eyes and the additional red glowing eyes behind her??
I'm not sure those are eyes?

steelabjur
Council Member

#63 Post by steelabjur »

oldfox1406 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:03 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:17 am
.. Actually, he really IS unusually old. Euchre has extended his life through "unnatural means", as stated by Tom a few years back. We still don't know how.
Maybe Trace cut his proverbial necromancy teeth with Euchre. :)

Anyone else notice the red glow of Rose's eyes and the additional red glowing eyes behind her??
Not eyes.

Petals. And her eyes aren't glowing, her glasses frame is reflecting the red light coming in from the left.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#64 Post by Ddraig »

Something else I just noticed/realized: The painting is "Saria's work", but includes a date after Saria's death (supposedly). In theory, I suppose the frame could have been updated afterwards, but unless it's a common theme to include dates on such paintings in the Manor (even when still alive) it certainly suggests that Saria was still around when Rose died despite the date difference. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a space for the dates.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#65 Post by Bellhead »

Ddraig wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 am Something else I just noticed/realized: The painting is "Saria's work", but includes a date after Saria's death (supposedly). In theory, I suppose the frame could have been updated afterwards, but unless it's a common theme to include dates on such paintings in the Manor (even when still alive) it certainly suggests that Saria was still around when Rose died despite the date difference. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a space for the dates.
This is true. However, it is not uncommon for a painting's dates for a living person to be written with room for a "death" date. I know some people have their tombstone carved before they die, and the death date is carved in later.

In this case, it may actually have been added in by Rose herself.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#66 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:43 am
Ddraig wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 am Something else I just noticed/realized: The painting is "Saria's work", but includes a date after Saria's death (supposedly). In theory, I suppose the frame could have been updated afterwards, but unless it's a common theme to include dates on such paintings in the Manor (even when still alive) it certainly suggests that Saria was still around when Rose died despite the date difference. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a space for the dates.
This is true. However, it is not uncommon for a painting's dates for a living person to be written with room for a "death" date. I know some people have their tombstone carved before they die, and the death date is carved in later.

In this case, it may actually have been added in by Rose herself.
Saria died in 477 three years before Rose.
I am no sure why would she write that on the painting, specially one she held so dear in live. Unless ordered by Trace that is. Which would actually be quite a horrible thing to do: Asking her, well more likely forcing her to write her date of death on the last painting her dearest friend made of her. Not only as a reminder of what she is now but as a way to deface her previous relation with Saria.
We now know Trace kept Rose even after she "died" but i doubt that it was out of affection, he probably hated her as much as any other wolf but was unable to let her go as she was the last living memory of his late wife. And i doubt he was particularly nice with her, alive or reanimated. On that note seh probably hoped to finally be free from Trace once she died but that was not the case :S
That is some messed up stuff
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Rafe
Council Member

#67 Post by Rafe »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:23 pm Anyway, here’s the transcript in case Iliar didn’t do it.

I think there's a reason the transcript hasn't been completed. It would tell us something vital that we don't know yet.

My guess is the line "Yes... Master?" is not being spoken by Rose. I'll leave it at that.

steelabjur
Council Member

#68 Post by steelabjur »

The painting might have been reframed after Rose's death, with the title plate and dates (as that's part of the frame, not the painting itself). It's kind of weird imagining Evil!Trace commissioning a fancy frame with nameplate for a Keidran, but this particular Keidran has a very special connection with his dead wife, and if it was involved with his research...

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#69 Post by Cosmacelf »

Rafe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 am
BadFoMo wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:23 pm Anyway, here’s the transcript in case Iliar didn’t do it.

I think there's a reason the transcript hasn't been completed. It would tell us something vital that we don't know yet.

My guess is the line "Yes... Master?" is not being spoken by Rose. I'll leave it at that.
Yes, that would tie in with Rose’s utterance, detritus, before. Rose hasn’t been helping anyone in the manor because the manor, or whoever or whatever, has taken over and she is now powerless. “Shadow Rose” is some kind of construct, some experiment that Rose would think of as detritus.

Josh.C
Citizen

#70 Post by Josh.C »

Cosmacelf wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:36 am
Rafe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 am

Yes, that would tie in with Rose’s utterance, detritus, before. Rose hasn’t been helping anyone in the manor because the manor, or whoever or whatever, has taken over and she is now powerless. “Shadow Rose” is some kind of construct, some experiment that Rose would think of as detritus.
It is an interesting thought.

Though I'm wondering if a few other things might be influencing this.

1. It probably goes without saying that Trace probably used Black magic to do all this to the Manor and Rose. Could this place and Rose have a darker side, like Traces shadow self, unleashed by Trace when he removed Rose's limiters?

2.There's also that plan going on involving Sythe and Maren. It seemed like something in this Manor wants to use some sort of old plan Trace had planned for Maren. Could Rose be a willing agent in all this.

3. Rose seemed to be willing to help Raine with learning control and even seemed to acknowledge Raine's incredible power. But looking back on it now, I can't help but think how potentially foreboding that last panel could be interpreted on that page as Rose is left to her thoughts as Red and Raine leave.

All things considered. If Rose does have a dark side like Trace, I could see the word detritus meaning just about everything and being anything in her manor not serving its purpose.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#71 Post by Cosmacelf »

Oh man, if the PicartoTV stream is any indication, we are seriously heading into horror genre territory. Can’t wait! :shock: