What does it mean?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

What does it mean?

#1 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

So I had a question about page 751, titled “Natani, you’re looking the wrong way again.”

The page does in fact have Natani looking confused and turning her head away from Flora.

I have 2 questions: one, why the heck would Natani be facing the wrong way? And 2, what does “again” mean? Was she looking the wrong way before?

Clearly her looking the wrong way is intentional because Tom’s drawn (pardon the pun) attention to it with an arrow and a question mark around her head. But every time I read the page I’m more confused on what exactly is going on. Maybe I’m an idiot and totally missed the biggest meme moment of the comic, but even if that’s the case I’d love clarification.

Thanks

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: What does it mean?

#2 Post by MuonNeutrino »

I believe it's a reference to comics 575 and 576, when Lynn and King Adelaide interrupt the confrontation at Keith's trial and Tom makes a joke about Natani not realizing and looking the wrong way. I'm not sure why it's supposed to be a running joke with *Natani* in particular, unless he's poking fun at the 'is a bad assassin' meme, or just at him not knowing any of the other languages and so not understanding when people interrupt.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: What does it mean?

#3 Post by AmigaDragon »

Natani was looking at Maddie (hiding behind Eric, note the ear and tail), I think Mike was also.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen