:eric: + :kathrin: = :heart:

like, gdam, I feel so bad for Kat, she just wants love man
:flora: 'Ey! Mr'at's ra'shist! NOM!

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

Re: ERIC JUST KISS HER ALREADY

#2 Post by Emp_Dragon »

She deserves better than Eric, a lot better.

wynter
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#3 Post by wynter »

Emp_Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:22 pm She deserves better than Eric, a lot better.
True true.

:trace: + :flora:
:keith: + :natani:
:sythe: + :maren: (I think?)
:kathrin: + ???

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I will have to agree with emp_dragon here.

In any case Eric only sees her as a sister. And we are talking about the guy who had such cognitive dissonance that he thought slaving Keidran is ok but considered Kat his sister because "she is different". He will never see Kat as anything else than family thankfully for her.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

wynter wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 pm
Emp_Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:22 pm She deserves better than Eric, a lot better.
True true.

:trace: + :flora:
:keith: + :natani:
:sythe: + :maren: (I think?)
:kathrin: + ???
:kathrin: + :zen: . Obviously. :wink:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

Eric pretty much reminds me of a typical anime protagonist, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Eric was inspired by. Constantly thinking lewd and perverted thoughts and wanting a girl to get down and dirty with, but when one actually does show interest, they're completely oblivious. Hell, I'd think that Eric was a ripoff of Naofumi Iwatani from The Rising of the Shield Hero were it not for the fact that Eric's been around long before Shield Hero was, given how Naofumi also seems to think of Raphtalia as a daughter instead of a love interest (the reason why for anyone not familiar with Shield Hero is because Raphtalia's species ages based on level, so they met when she was a child and she "leveled up" into a teenager/young adult).

Honestly, with Kat caring for Zen I think a love triangle is forming and I'm not quite sure how it's going to shake out. If either Eric or Kat are interested in the other, if Kat can't decide between the two, or if Eric is uncomfortable with Zen as a potential partner for Kat for whatever reason, this could get very interesting and messy.

Rafe
Council Member

#7 Post by Rafe »

Given that Eric is sincerely (and extremely) grateful to Natani for saving Kat, I really doubt that he could have any objections to Natani's brother having a relationship with Kat. He may be something of the same old Eric in some respects, but his almost tearful gratitude to Natani and his attempts to apologize and make ammends with Mike and Evals show that, at least towrds Keidran, he's really changed his attitude

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:36 pm Eric pretty much reminds me of a typical anime protagonist, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Eric was inspired by. Constantly thinking lewd and perverted thoughts and wanting a girl to get down and dirty with, but when one actually does show interest, they're completely oblivious. Hell, I'd think that Eric was a ripoff of Naofumi Iwatani from The Rising of the Shield Hero were it not for the fact that Eric's been around long before Shield Hero was, given how Naofumi also seems to think of Raphtalia as a daughter instead of a love interest (the reason why for anyone not familiar with Shield Hero is because Raphtalia's species ages based on level, so they met when she was a child and she "leveled up" into a teenager/young adult).

Honestly, with Kat caring for Zen I think a love triangle is forming and I'm not quite sure how it's going to shake out. If either Eric or Kat are interested in the other, if Kat can't decide between the two, or if Eric is uncomfortable with Zen as a potential partner for Kat for whatever reason, this could get very interesting and messy.
At this point in my life i do not even watch tv anymore....

If you go deep into the "what could have beens" of the comic years ago i think, fo what i gather, the idea of a Keith-Trace-Flora love triangle was floating around. But that fortunately, in my opinion, never came into fruition. I think Tom really does not like the idea of love triangles. There could have been one with Keith-Natani-Laura, but the latter died tragically and seemed pretty glad Keith found someone else. And of the matter at hand, there could have been a Zen/Kat/Eric triangle except Eric has never seen Kat as anything but his sister. I am under the idea he is unwilling but also incapable. and Thankfully in comic Kat seems to be getting over him. After all she suggested comatose Nat if "it does not work with Keith" then she is avaiables.
Honestly I do not personally like love-triangles and given the story setting and structure I think it would not work either. So I am glad Tom is so averse at Love-triangles and instead provided a potential love interest for every character he has made
Rafe wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:52 pm Given that Eric is sincerely (and extremely) grateful to Natani for saving Kat, I really doubt that he could have any objections to Natani's brother having a relationship with Kat. He may be something of the same old Eric in some respects, but his almost tearful gratitude to Natani and his attempts to apologize and make ammends with Mike and Evals show that, at least towrds Keidran, he's really changed his attitude
He is getting better, mostly since Kat finally decided to break his little bubble: No she is Keidran as much as Evals and Eric and it is hypocritical of him to be a keidran slaver and proclaiming Kat is his sister. But i do hope he get a bit more of a reckoning. At this point his characters stands at: Oh you are a racist slaver and that is bad: Oh I had noticed that i guess i have to stop being that now.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

What makes the classic love triangle so unpleasant is that it only has two sides...

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:28 am
Eclipse wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:36 pm Eric pretty much reminds me of a typical anime protagonist, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Eric was inspired by. Constantly thinking lewd and perverted thoughts and wanting a girl to get down and dirty with, but when one actually does show interest, they're completely oblivious. Hell, I'd think that Eric was a ripoff of Naofumi Iwatani from The Rising of the Shield Hero were it not for the fact that Eric's been around long before Shield Hero was, given how Naofumi also seems to think of Raphtalia as a daughter instead of a love interest (the reason why for anyone not familiar with Shield Hero is because Raphtalia's species ages based on level, so they met when she was a child and she "leveled up" into a teenager/young adult).

At this point in my life i do not even watch tv anymore....

If you go deep into the "what could have beens" of the comic years ago i think, fo what i gather, the idea of a Keith-Trace-Flora love triangle was floating around. But that fortunately, in my opinion, never came into fruition. I think Tom really does not like the idea of love triangles. There could have been one with Keith-Natani-Laura, but the latter died tragically and seemed pretty glad Keith found someone else. And of the matter at hand, there could have been a Zen/Kat/Eric triangle except Eric has never seen Kat as anything but his sister. I am under the idea he is unwilling but also incapable. and Thankfully in comic Kat seems to be getting over him. After all she suggested comatose Nat if "it does not work with Keith" then she is avaiables.
Honestly I do not personally like love-triangles and given the story setting and structure I think it would not work either. So I am glad Tom is so averse at Love-triangles and instead provided a potential love interest for every character he has made
Even if Eric doesn't display any romantic interest in Kat, it could still be a love triangle if Zen loves Kat but Kat loves Eric, what I'm trying to get at is the love triangle isn't resolved until one person is neither in love with one of the other parties nor one of the other parties is in love with that person. Also, that page doesn't necessarily indicate she's over Eric, she's saying that to Natani and I don't think Kat is really attracted to girls (or girls who identify as guys, or however you want to classify Natani). When she said that she probably just means she's available for girl talk.

As of now, Kat hasn't definitively displayed any sort of romantic attraction to anyone other than Eric. Everyone love to point to her taking care of Zen in the estate, but is that really motivated by love? She seems like she would do the same for anyone, guy or girl, in that situation just because they're injured, she seems to just do so because she wants to use her domestic skills to make herself useful. Could this lead to a deeper relationship between Kat and Zen and they become an actual couple? Maybe. There's definitely incentive for both to find love in each other. Kat was shot down by Eric because he sees they're relationship differently than she does, so someone else can easily swoop in and take her heart, and Zen is dealing with Natani growing more independent from him and starting a relationship with Keith. Both of them are in a situation where their relationships with their family is changing and that could push both of them closer together. But they haven't shown any definitive evidence yet that that's happening, they haven't displayed any sort of affection towards each other, all that's happened is that Kat is playing nurse towards Zen's injuries and they had one conversation about the changes in Zen's relationship with Natani. Nothing's happened yet, so until we either see a change there or Kat decide on how she feels about Eric, it's too soon to say she's given up on him and going after Zen. It could definitely happen, but we haven't reached that point yet.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#11 Post by Yastreb »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:52 pm Given that Eric is sincerely (and extremely) grateful to Natani for saving Kat, I really doubt that he could have any objections to Natani's brother having a relationship with Kat. He may be something of the same old Eric in some respects, but his almost tearful gratitude to Natani and his attempts to apologize and make ammends with Mike and Evals show that, at least towrds Keidran, he's really changed his attitude
To me at least it looks like Eric was only apologizing mind-controlling Mike and Evals and not sorry about enslaving and raping Keidran in general. His attitudes haven't changed, :mike: and :evals: were just moved from "object" category to "people".

Warrl
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Warrl »

To me it looked like Eric was still trying to figure out the implications of information he hadn't internalized before...

wynter
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#13 Post by wynter »

Warrl wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:37 pm To me it looked like Eric was still trying to figure out the implications of information he hadn't internalized before...
The more I look at it, the less Eric seems like a weird but palatable eccentric and more like a grade-A [censored].

Let's send :squirrel: after him.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Technic[Bot] »

wynter wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:07 pm
Warrl wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:37 pm To me it looked like Eric was still trying to figure out the implications of information he hadn't internalized before...
The more I look at it, the less Eric seems like a weird but palatable eccentric and more like a grade-A [censored].

Let's send :squirrel: after him.
Personally the first time i saw Eric i was sure he was not gonna survive the Basitin Islands, neither Kat for that matter, considering the chapter ended with a huge explosions I thought it would be a good moment to "write out" characters that had little growth opportunity and/or were not liked enough and/or Tom simple stopped wanted to write. I was surprised he survided, as you point out he is not just some harmless pervert he is a terrible person, with charm but horrible at the end. I have no idea why Tom decided to keep him around or what plans he has for that character.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#15 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:02 am Personally the first time i saw Eric i was sure he was not gonna survive the Basitin Islands, neither Kat for that matter, considering the chapter ended with a huge explosions I thought it would be a good moment to "write out" characters that had little growth opportunity and/or were not liked enough and/or Tom simple stopped wanted to write. I was surprised he survided, as you point out he is not just some harmless pervert he is a terrible person, with charm but horrible at the end. I have no idea why Tom decided to keep him around or what plans he has for that character.
Yeah, it's really hard to see what he has planned for Eric now. He hasn't played much of a role since Team A landed in Edenmire and his slaves are all being freed, so what's next for him? I could see him getting killed off in this chapter if Tom doesn't have anywhere else to go with his character, maybe in the Basitin Islands arc him dying would raise the question of who could captain the Na'Rella, but now that they're back on the mainland and the Na'Rella is a pile of wood at the bottom of the Edenmire docks, that's no longer an issue. And the other characters associated with him can easily move on, Mike and Evals are free and heading off who knows where, Kat could fall in love with Zen instead of him, and the rest of Team A doesn't really need his services, so he can easily be written out of the story.