Comic for May 30, 2020: Dragon Damage

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for May 30, 2020: Dragon Damage

#16 Post by tony1695 »

Eclipse wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 am Wait... Where's Karen? And Mike and Evals? And Eric? Are they just in the corner somewhere? And where's Sythe been all this time, aside from standing naked waiting for Maren...
There's a lot of characters we haven't seen much of. Hell, for that matter where's Maddie? I don't think she even made it to the beach party, so what's she up to? And Lynn pretty much fell off the face of Mekkan the moment he made it to the estate, we all pretty much forgot about him.
Maddie was injured, a heavy blow to the side resulting in cracked ribs at the very least. While I don't remember if it was magically treated, she'd still be taking it easy. A beach party would probably not be a thing she'd be at, either at Keith's orders or her own will (Basitin sensibilities and all). There's at least one panel where we see her peaking, so I'm leaning towards the latter.
As for Lynn, he's always been a very background sort of character. He pops up when something needs doing, no sooner. No telling what he's been doing at the estate. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been doing what Maddie was attempting to do, only with greater success.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Rafe
Council Member

#17 Post by Rafe »

Maddie took one look at naked Mike and Evals and decided she's pass on the party, but you'd think she'd be keeping her usual eye on things. I'm most worried about Rose she has to be incapacitated (or worse) for all this to be happening. I'm looking for Raine to jump in and help at some point. Maybe Rose will somehow be involved with that. Raine might also have to step in if Natani burns herself out. She's been helping Zen already. Speaking of which, Zen and Kat need to be accounted for...

Obviously, lots of things could be going on here. As usual, we'll see what developes.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#18 Post by Eclipse »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:00 am
Eclipse wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 am Wait... Where's Karen? And Mike and Evals? And Eric? Are they just in the corner somewhere? And where's Sythe been all this time, aside from standing naked waiting for Maren...
There's a lot of characters we haven't seen much of. Hell, for that matter where's Maddie? I don't think she even made it to the beach party, so what's she up to? And Lynn pretty much fell off the face of Mekkan the moment he made it to the estate, we all pretty much forgot about him.
Maddie was injured, a heavy blow to the side resulting in cracked ribs at the very least. While I don't remember if it was magically treated, she'd still be taking it easy. A beach party would probably not be a thing she'd be at, either at Keith's orders or her own will (Basitin sensibilities and all). There's at least one panel where we see her peaking, so I'm leaning towards the latter.
Rafe wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:28 am Maddie took one look at naked Mike and Evals and decided she's pass on the party, but you'd think she'd be keeping her usual eye on things.
Figured as much. Doesn't really seem to be her style. If she's not locked in the halls though, she probably is investigating what's going on.

I wonder if she'll run into Trace, Flora, and Stoney. I can't wait to see how she'll react when the she sees the stone lizard that just knocked her into next Tuesday again... and then when she sees it following them around like a lost puppy and licking their faces. That will be an interesting reunion for sure.
Rafe wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:28 am Speaking of which, Zen and Kat need to be accounted for...
Well we know Zen's resting and Kat's taking care of him. I'm not sure they're being attacked right now though. I think next time we see Zen he'll probably want to get out of bed and help break everyone out of the Oasis Room, having found out about the situation via mind link. Not quite sure what else is going to happen with them, aside from Kat probably insisting he stay and rest some more.

Rafe
Council Member

#19 Post by Rafe »

Eclipse wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:40 am Well we know Zen's resting and Kat's taking care of him. I'm not sure they're being attacked right now though. I think next time we see Zen he'll probably want to get out of bed and help break everyone out of the Oasis Room, having found out about the situation via mind link. Not quite sure what else is going to happen with them, aside from Kat probably insisting he stay and rest some more.
Something like that could be another consequence of Natani burning herself out. She's never had to control anything like all that magic energy we can see flashing around her, and (especially with the Clovis lurking around) it's not hard to imagine she could end up with something even worse than Zen's fried leg. As Eclipse mentions, It might be that Zen will pop out of his feelings of uselessness and do everything he can to help Natani.

Jeeze, this would be just what we'd need - Natani, badly injured and Zen having to deal with Clovis, AGAIN.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by AmigaDragon »

aitaituo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:41 am Natani already looks pretty worn out. Does magic (with crystals) have a similar effect as strenuous exercise?
Remember, less than a week ago she was in a week or longer coma, so she may still be recovering a bit.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#21 Post by MuonNeutrino »

For information on the general topic of 'where's everyone else?', here's the last time/place we've seen all of the current characters that are in the vicinity of the mansion. (Special thanks to Amenon's search engine for helping me double check a lot of this.) General note: as of the current comic, it is sometime right around sunset. The Oasis Room party has been going on most of the day, with Flora, Mike, and Evals having been there since the morning and everyone else apparently trickling in between then and noonish.

Reni, Keith, Natani, Red, Raine, Mike, Evals, Karen, Eric, Nibs: currently in the Oasis Room (each linked to their most recent appearance). Note Nibs may or may not have left with Sythe, we don't know. It might also be possible that Eric has left since he's the only one we haven't seen since the montage page, but we don't know either way on this either.

Trace & Flora: currently exploring the abandoned nursery. Worth noting that this is next to whatever room is behind the Giant Door of Ominousness.

Sythe & Maren: in Sythe's room right before everything went crazy, apparently running afoul of whatever ~mysterious stuff~ is going on with the mansion.

Zen & Kat: in Zen's room. Note that this was around lunchtime and that Kat seemed to imply that she would be going down to the party afterwards, but she never showed up.

Rose: leaving Raine's room after their impromptu shapeshifting training session, saying she had work to do. Note that this was sometime in the late morning or around noonish - after breakfast, her conversation with Trace, and Maddie & Karen's adventure, but before Kat brought Zen lunch.

Maddie: lurking outside of the oasis room sometime during the afternoon, peeking in on the party and getting an eyeful (note this is well after their arrival, so she stuck around). Regarding her injury, it's unclear if she's actually really hurt or not. She certainly seemed to shrug it off, though how much of that might be bravado versus the legendary basitin durability is unknown. That said, a human might indeed have internal injuries after that sort of impact, but the mere fact that she's up and walking around (and for several hours) apparently without much discomfort seems to me to suggest she isn't really injured.

Lynn: the conversation with Keith about the legality of sleeping arrangements on the night of Team A's arrival at the mansion. Nowhere to be seen since then.

Brutus & Roan: in the dungeons, shortly before things went crazy.

Clovis and his gang: lurking mysteriously outside of the mansion sometime during the afternoon.

Sealeen & Landen: staking out the outside of the mansion. Note that this was the night of Team A's arrival at the mansion, which was two days ago now. (One day ago was group B's arrival - pages 979-1021 - and then today is the day after that.)

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by aitaituo »

Wow, thanks Muon.

trantor
Apprentice

#23 Post by trantor »

steelabjur wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:29 am A few questions spring to mind: How many of these Stone Pseudo-Dragons did Trace make? How many are here in this fight, and how many are still standing?
The first pictures of their arrival showed 6 stone Dragons (if I counted the shadows correct) at last.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1103/

2 Dragons are smashed already, one is frozen (but maybe thats the one Reni tried to put on fire) and one is hurt (right arm lost). So there are min. 3 left.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#24 Post by Neutral Smith »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:16 pm For information on the general topic of 'where's everyone else?', here's the last time/place we've seen all of the current characters that are in the vicinity of the mansion. (Special thanks to Amenon's search engine for helping me double check a lot of this.) General note: as of the current comic, it is sometime right around sunset. The Oasis Room party has been going on most of the day, with Flora, Mike, and Evals having been there since the morning and everyone else apparently trickling in between then and noonish.

<snip>

Clovis and his gang: lurking mysteriously outside of the mansion sometime during the afternoon.

<snip>
Clovis is on the Basitin island: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1022/
That's Carver.

Interesting summary of the locations.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#25 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:05 am
Eclipse wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:40 am Well we know Zen's resting and Kat's taking care of him. I'm not sure they're being attacked right now though. I think next time we see Zen he'll probably want to get out of bed and help break everyone out of the Oasis Room, having found out about the situation via mind link. Not quite sure what else is going to happen with them, aside from Kat probably insisting he stay and rest some more.
Something like that could be another consequence of Natani burning herself out. She's never had to control anything like all that magic energy we can see flashing around her, and (especially with the Clovis lurking around) it's not hard to imagine she could end up with something even worse than Zen's fried leg. As Eclipse mentions, It might be that Zen will pop out of his feelings of uselessness and do everything he can to help Natani.

Jeeze, this would be just what we'd need - Natani, badly injured and Zen having to deal with Clovis, AGAIN.
Having to deal with Clovis when his leg is injured. Yeah, that's not good. It seems like almost every chapter Zen appears in he does something stupid to get himself and/or Natani hurt. This time if he does something stupid he could get himself killed.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:16 pm It might also be possible that Eric has left since he's the only one we haven't seen since the montage page, but we don't know either way on this either.
He's at a beach party full of bikini clad women of various races. Why would he want to be anywhere else before [censored] went down?
trantor wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:55 am
steelabjur wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:29 am A few questions spring to mind: How many of these Stone Pseudo-Dragons did Trace make? How many are here in this fight, and how many are still standing?
The first pictures of their arrival showed 6 stone Dragons (if I counted the shadows correct) at last.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1103/

2 Dragons are smashed already, one is frozen (but maybe thats the one Reni tried to put on fire) and one is hurt (right arm lost). So there are min. 3 left.
Key word being minimum. I doubt Trace just made 6 of them, there's probably a LOT more than that.

Rafe
Council Member

#26 Post by Rafe »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 am
Rafe wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:05 am

Having to deal with Clovis when his leg is injured. Yeah, that's not good. It seems like almost every chapter Zen appears in he does something stupid to get himself and/or Natani hurt. This time if he does something stupid he could get himself killed.
I could just see it -

CLOVIS:
Zen!
Well, well. Looks like once again you're in a bad situation and your little sister is in a coma. I suppose I could once again make a deal with you.
Here's my proposal:
This time, both of you die in front of me right now.

[EDIT]
I swear, I havdn't seen the voting incentive before I came up with this. I assume Tom has somehow invaded my brain now.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#27 Post by BadFoMo »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:16 pmFor information on the general topic of 'where's everyone else?', here's the last time/place we've seen all of the current characters that are in the vicinity of the mansion.

[Sniped for space.]
Don't forget Brann's Daughter's Cat! Last seen on the roof of the mansion.

Also, I did a transcript.

Code: Select all

RAH!

GROAR!

CRZKOW!

GRAAAAAAAAAh!

SMASH!

**Reni:** _Thank you._

HUFF... HUFF...

**Natani:** (In Keidran) No... problem.

**Keith:** (In Keidran) Are you alright?

**Reni:** _This? I'm a dragon, this is nothing for me. Can't even feel it._

**Reni:** _Get everyone and move to the far wall. I'll keep myself between you and them._

**Keith:** (In Keidran) Got it. Let's go, Natani.

**Reni:** _...Ow... ow... owwie..._
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by SpottedKitty »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:46 am Don't forget Brann's Daughter's Cat! Last seen on the roof of the mansion.
Good eyes — I didn't notice that stray tail!

This is bringing to mind a song cycle that's been developing in the UK filk scene for the last <mumble> years. It's a fantasy epic, in which none of the characters have names, just descriptions. E.g. there's the Warlord, the (late) Watcher on the Tower, the Injured Prince, the Sergeant, etc. The most extreme "name" I've come across so far is the Warlord's Daughter's Music Teacher's Cat. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Warrl
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Warrl »

SpottedKitty wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:02 pmThis is bringing to mind a song cycle that's been developing in the UK filk scene for the last <mumble> years. It's a fantasy epic, in which none of the characters have names, just descriptions. E.g. there's the Warlord, the (late) Watcher on the Tower, the Injured Prince, the Sergeant, etc. The most extreme "name" I've come across so far is the Warlord's Daughter's Music Teacher's Cat. :wink:
You forgot the link. :squirrel:

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by SpottedKitty »

Warrl wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:56 am
SpottedKitty wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:02 pmThis is bringing to mind a song cycle that's been developing in the UK filk scene for the last <mumble> years. It's a fantasy epic, in which none of the characters have names, just descriptions. E.g. there's the Warlord, the (late) Watcher on the Tower, the Injured Prince, the Sergeant, etc. The most extreme "name" I've come across so far is the Warlord's Daughter's Music Teacher's Cat. :wink:
You forgot the link. :squirrel:
I don't think there is one, at least for recordings of the songs. I've just found a link to the Before The Dawn Project, which describes the adventure of performing the whole song cycle at a con, but that's about it.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery