Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Technic[Bot]
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Favorite Character: Keith!
Contact:

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#31 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:12 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 am That is the think. For Old Trace Flora is little more than a filthy Keidran. Old Trace has no reason to believe the child she is expecting is his, because that goes against the very laws of nature the same he is very hellbent on twisting. So Old Trace might see Flora simply as someone who pretended to love him only for convenience and on the first chance she had went an slept with someone else, despite all of this being false he has no way to know, in fact Old Trace has ample motives to doubt her. No someone to protect but a hindrance to remove.
Respectfully disagree. Old Trace in his prime definitely would have killed her without a second thought, but even that side of him has changed. Insert tower reference again... which was, by all accounts, Evil Trace in control, and he had exactly one goal with zero restrictions.

The both of them, new AND old, have an insatiable desire to protect what they have, and go completely ballistic when it's threatened. New Trace just does it by being taken over.

Old Trace, evil as he was, still knows who Flora is, and (to some extent) shares New Trace's feelings for her. His old self back then? Not a second thought. Old self now? You'll die before you stand between them.
Agree to disagree.
I think back at the Tower that was not new Trace nor Old Trace it was more: Necromancer having a psychotic meltdown. Or It might have been New Trace having a psychotic meltdown and reaching out for his dark powers.
Despite being effectively the same person but with different memories I doubt Old Trace has developed any sort of affection to Flora. First of all because he has been removed from most of the comic and second because i doubt his deep seated grudge against Keidran would allow him to feel anything towards Flora other than disgust.
I see both Trace and Dark Trace pretty much like what we see on Total Recall
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

User avatar
Eclipse
Master
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#32 Post by Eclipse »

Bellhead wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:23 am
tony1695 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:51 am This current situation could go either way. Old Evil Trace reemerges, and nearly kills Flora. Or New Evil Trace reemerges, and attempts to reduce everyone that isn't him or Flora into so much chunky salsa.
That's the thing, I don't think they ARE different. Old Trace was, presumably, only evil for having lost what he had. Now that Flora's involved, the situation is very much different, in that he doesn't have nothing anymore, he has her. Still lost a wife, and still feels for it, mind you, but he's not as alone as he was, nor as alone as Keith felt during the Laura's Ghost arc.

If anything, he'd be even more unstable about protecting her than Saria, in my opinion.
No, they are different. We've seen that Old Trace doesn't think highly of Keidran, Flora included. Furthermore, Old Trace's bio refers to Flora as a "pathetic Keidran". He has no attachment to Flora, so he would easily kill her if given the chance.

User avatar
Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: New England, US
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#33 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:01 am No, they are different. We've seen that Old Trace doesn't think highly of Keidran, Flora included. Furthermore, Old Trace's bio refers to Flora as a "pathetic Keidran". He has no attachment to Flora, so he would easily kill her if given the chance.
Based on Trace's journal entry, from WAY back when, black mana causes hallucinations.My guess is "black smoke demon" is one of them.

Also, that bio was written over a decade ago, and was written to make him seem as evil as possible. It also states "before he becomes too involved", which I feel like already happened. Which Trace would you say this is?
Gearhead in the digital world, who will probably grow up to be a very grumpy old man.

User avatar
Eclipse
Master
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#34 Post by Eclipse »

Bellhead wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:57 am
Eclipse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:01 am No, they are different. We've seen that Old Trace doesn't think highly of Keidran, Flora included. Furthermore, Old Trace's bio refers to Flora as a "pathetic Keidran". He has no attachment to Flora, so he would easily kill her if given the chance.
Based on Trace's journal entry, from WAY back when, black mana causes hallucinations.My guess is "black smoke demon" is one of them.

Also, that bio was written over a decade ago, and was written to make him seem as evil as possible. It also states "before he becomes too involved", which I feel like already happened. Which Trace would you say this is?
True. They really need to update the bio section, it hasn't been touched in years and there's multiple characters that don't have one yet because they were introduced later (Adira, Maeve, Reni, Rose).

I would say that that's closer to New Trace, but he's definitely snapped because Flora got hurt. Just because he's become violent doesn't mean he's Old Trace, Old Trace's violence was directed at Keidran out of revenge for killing Saria. He wouldn't care about Flora because in his mind, he's already lost everything, he'd more likely just kill all of the Keidran and Basitin on the island rather than defend Flora. This version of Trace seems to be New Trace gone berserk because of the mana tower and Flora being hurt and seems to just want to defend Flora and kill everyone out to hurt her. His behavior in that chapter isn't consistent with Old Trace.

User avatar
Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: New England, US
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#35 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 pm snip
Okay, then what about here?
Gearhead in the digital world, who will probably grow up to be a very grumpy old man.

User avatar
Eclipse
Master
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#36 Post by Eclipse »

Bellhead wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:15 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 pm snip
Okay, then what about here?
Again, seems more like New Trace snapped than Old Trace. Hatred towards Keidran is such a defining aspect of Old Trace's personality that I just can't see any instance of Trace protecting Flora being motivated by that side of him.

User avatar
Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: New England, US
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#37 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:15 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 pm snip
Okay, then what about here?
Again, seems more like New Trace snapped than Old Trace. Hatred towards Keidran is such a defining aspect of Old Trace's personality that I just can't see any instance of Trace protecting Flora being motivated by that side of him.
I suppose I could see his anger or drive releasing enough power to corrupt his mind without his memories returning, but I still think even Old Trace wouldn't kill Flora. Feelings that deep tend to hold pretty well.
Gearhead in the digital world, who will probably grow up to be a very grumpy old man.

User avatar
Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 789
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:52 am
Location: Alternate Mekkan where Keidrans live long lives
Favorite Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2020: The Abandoned Nursery

#38 Post by Hulk10 »

I'm worried too.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Post Reply