Comic for April 25, 2020: Dragon Defense

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Panther
Merchant

Re: Comic for April 25, 2020: Dragon Defense

#31 Post by Panther »

This is what happens when you're raised by another race than your own : getting their personal mind and beliefs about physical . Reni needs to live some years with Nora , to learn to be not upset anymore about such "behaviour" :nora: :reni:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#32 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:53 am
vevans0009 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:37 am
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am Does she mean she hates fighting in dragon form?
….How did you come to that conclusion? Nothing in there said that she HATED being a dragon. 8I
Yeah. Like most people raised among humans then complaining about modesty when being forced to fight completely nude.

Who WOULDN'T want to fight as a "freakin' dragon"?
I imagine morphing into a dragon in the middle or a fifth would be a rather disorienting experience. and I am not sure most people would be able to make much use of it
in any case I think most people would rather not fight completely naked unless completely necessary. I mean it is better than fighting while drunk but still not an ideal situation.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 am I imagine morphing into a dragon in the middle or a fifth would be a rather disorienting experience. and I am not sure most people would be able to make much use of it
in any case I think most people would rather not fight completely naked unless completely necessary. I mean it is better than fighting while drunk but still not an ideal situation.
Disorienting and not ideal, maybe, but only for someone without experience. Reni's been a dragon for (presumably) her entire life. Naked or not, it's still her default form, so it stands to reason she'd prefer that than being human. Not that she'd like being nude, of course. :reni:

I just meant that I wouldn't mind fighting as a dragon. That'd be cool. That, and in most cases, the morph wouldn't be random, or at least not without fair warning. Reni chose this, and likely transformed fairly quickly and exactly as intended.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Warrl »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 amI imagine morphing into a dragon in the middle or a fifth would be a rather disorienting experience.
Autocorrect strikes again. Being in the middle of a fifth might be a rather disorienting experience WITHOUT morphing into a dragon.

:twisted:

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#35 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

m-middle o-or f-fifth of w-what??? :oops:
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#36 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:41 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 am I imagine morphing into a dragon in the middle or a fifth would be a rather disorienting experience. and I am not sure most people would be able to make much use of it
Disorienting and not ideal, maybe, but only for someone without experience. Reni's been a dragon for (presumably) her entire life. Naked or not, it's still her default form, so it stands to reason she'd prefer that than being human. Not that she'd like being nude, of course. :reni:

I just meant that I wouldn't mind fighting as a dragon. That'd be cool. That, and in most cases, the morph wouldn't be random, or at least not without fair warning. Reni chose this, and likely transformed fairly quickly and exactly as intended.
my comment was intended as a joke :mrgreen:
but still morphing with no warning or fighting naked would probably be unpleasant experiences.
Warrl wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:49 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 amI imagine morphing into a dragon in the middle or a fifth would be a rather disorienting experience.
Autocorrect strikes again. Being in the middle of a fifth might be a rather disorienting experience WITHOUT morphing into a dragon.

I remember when the only autocorrect you had to look for was your own dumb fingers. in any case back then I couldn't have posted that from a phone...

also I know I will destroy my street rep. But in this context what is a fifth?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#37 Post by steelabjur »

Tom wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 am
SilentYay wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 am Just as an aside, I think it's fascinating that the majority of this conversation has been about Reni's modesty and not her potential combat prowess. XD Also, how is there not a Reni emoticon??? I am disappoint!
There is now! :reni: :heart:
A little bit of :reni: makes everything better! :heart:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#38 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:03 am
Bellhead wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:41 am

I remember when the only autocorrect you had to look for was your own dumb fingers. in any case back then I couldn't have posted that from a phone...

also I know I will destroy my street rep. But in this context what is a fifth?
The only contextual meaning I know of for a "fifth" (at least when it's not three of them) is a fifth of a gallon of liquor, aka your 'standard' vodka/rum/etc. bottle size. I imagine you'd only turn into a dragon in the middle of one if it were a particularly poorly(?) made absinthe.
edit: or it had been Nora'd
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#39 Post by JohnTheWysard »

AnApocalypticLime wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:29 pm m-middle o-or f-fifth of w-what??? :oops:
Eh? Just being the E of a C Major chord... fully resolved... nothing to worry about

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#40 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

This is hilarius. I always thought what would happen if bad-[censored] would get naked mid fight.
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#41 Post by Bellhead »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:07 am [img]https://i.imgur.com/78K1mJ3.png[/ img]
This is hilarius. I always thought what would happen if bad-[censored] would get naked mid fight.
*cough* Keith and Natani at the tavern *unconvincing cough*

Your presence has been requested in the Forum Games...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.